What Excites You About The New Year and 2016?!

dhartmann34

Reaction score
Handicap
So I was in the Happy Thread talking about my 2015 and how overall I really had a great year...and then I thought maybe folks would like to share what they are looking forward to in 2016 whether it be golf or just normal life related. Maybe it's a wedding or child birth or whatever else. What's exciting in your 2016 THP?! :act-up:

I'll start:I'm looking forward to student teaching. It's the last piece of the puzzle in my quest for my teaching certificate and graduate degree and it's exciting and terrifying all at the same time. I'm also excited to start looking around for places we are considering moving after my student teaching is done. Hoping for a really great 2016!! :)

The THP calendar of events gets me excited for 2016. Normal life will be excited for my kid to graduate from The Salon Institute.

2016 should be a stellar year for me I hope.

Best friend from college is getting married.
Brother is getting married.
I turn 28, which as you can see is a favorite number of mine, and I have a good feeling about that.
Should have some big things coming in my own personal life as well...who knows.

Golf wise I feel good about my game and I feel I am going in the right direction heading into next year.

2016 excites me.

It is our oldest daughter's Bat Mitzvah this year in May. We almost lost her at birth, so the fact that she is healthy and growing into an amazing young lady is incredibly special to us. Words can not express how proud we are of her.

It is our oldest daughter's Bat Mitzvah this year in May. We almost lost her at birth, so the fact that she is healthy and growing into an amazing young lady is incredibly special to us. Words can not express how proud we are of her.

Well that's certainly a feel good story! Glad everything ended up working out!

A new job that so far I enjoy more than anything I've ever done, has me excited about 2016.

I'm looking forward to opportunity to play more and better golf in 2016

I'm thrilled I have 2016 THP event coming up early in the year, to see friends and meet new ones, and excited about adding another one at least sometime later in the year.

Great question! The prospect of a new job in early 2016 that is a big step in the right career direction for me has me excited. We will be looking for, and hopefully purchasing, our first house in 2016.
Golf-wise, I am excited about improving quite a bit through purposeful practice and being able to play more rounds. I'm also looking forward to attending at least a couple of THP events.

I probably go into 2016 with more unknowns than over the past several years. We are going to be starting a big project at work, but none of us really know what that means yet (and won't for a couple more months), so I'm hesitant to make plans for anything beyond January/February. Kind of just have a sense that big changes are coming, not necessarily in a bad way, just different.

One last piece of paperwork that came to light with the home interviews but after that is turned in, the wife and I are approved as foster parents with the intent to adopt. The told us since we're not doing the straight up foster parenting*, we may have to wait awhile for them to find a child to place with us ... but more than likely our family will grow by at least one more in 2016.

That means we're house hunting as well to move into something bigger. We have our eyes on a couple of houses, so it'll happen probably around April or May. If we move, the area we're looking at is less than a mile from the country club so I'll definitely be able to find more time to practice and play. Definitely looking forward to that!

I have two foreign travel trips with work this year. First one is to Ireland, second one is to South Korea (for the second time). Hoping to get proficient enough in Korean to be able to really interact with people this time around. Looking forward to both trips, and at the very least playing golf in Ireland!

2016 is going to be a crazy busy, but fun year!

*If we had, we were probably looking at a week tops before getting a placement with us. It's in the cards eventually, but not right now.

The biggest things I am looking forward to in 2016 are continuing my company and seeing positive progress and continuing to finish my degree, getting to see my nieces and nephew when I head out to Cali, that and a lot of golf.

Finishing school, finally....hopefully haha.

Spending time with family and friends and possibly taken a huge jump forward regarding one of those relationships. Who knows.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Kind of hard to say right now from a work standpoint as my company is in the process of reorganizing territories and I'm not sure whether that will leave me with more work and travel or less. Obviously hoping for the later.

From a golf standpoint, the THP calendar of events is phenomenal and some more to fill in. I am excited to take more shots are getting into a big team event as I have never had the pleasure of experiencing one.

THP events and having one less obstacle in the way of planning for which ones i can attend.

possible trip to Puerto Rico with my parents...my dad was born there and has only gone back twice (once each of the last years and I had to miss both trips) or maybe going with my brother in May.

Not much looks to be changing for me, as of now. I need to start getting in shape, as the closer I get to 40 the less my body seems to want to bounce back for me. lol
Golf wise, hopefully I'll be able to do MORE of that. There isn't a lot of semi-local THP events (as of now) near me, so maybe I'll run into some cash so I can hit the coastal-ish events up.

Other than that, I hope you all have a great 2016, and I hope to get to know more of you and play some rounds with more THP'ers!

My new house. Less than a month!!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

So much to look forward to in 2016
-wife and I laying the foundation for our financial future
-club clash
-huge year coming up for us at work
-finally getting back to working on my game, after not caring in 2+ years

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Come the stroke of midnight,told my gf things will change for both of us for the better. I see myself moving into a management positioning by mid year,engaged at a lovely outdoor venue in the rocky mountains with all of our closest friends in attendance. Along with moving in our new apartment. Trips to either Hawaii or Orlando and attend Atleast 1 THP event.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Going to be a dad. Enough said

Most excited for 2016 so that 2015 can be over. Brutal brutal year for us.

2016 is going to be different, or it will kill me trying to make it different!

For me a healthy year and hopefully a job that I will enjoy and more golf!

Going to be a dad. Enough said

Can't wait buddy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Getting my restaurant open, my kids, my wife's 40th. An epic 2016 THP schedule and finally getting into great shape.

Getting my restaurant open, my kids, my wife's 40th. An epic 2016 THP schedule and finally getting into great shape.

Restaurant??? In Florida?

Restaurant??? In Florida?

It's called Munch...a fast fresh organic alternative to everyday fast food. In Orlando

Im excited to be the best man in Winchells wedding
Im excited to watch my boys grow a year older and hopefully ill have my oldest son on the course more often
Super excited to play golf. I look forward to gaming my clubs and wearing my grandaddy gear. I look forward to reviewing every club in my bag. Too much good from this year is going to carry over to next year. Its impossible not to get excited

Back