Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

Not yet they haven't, but there is talk of it.

I go 49, 54, 58. I just don't get in 54* range often. I used to use it to get out of bunkers because of the added bounce, but with the PM grind I like it a ton more out of the sand.
Sounds like a spot is about to open up in the bag!

Sounds like a spot is about to open up in the bag!

Possibly, but I have no idea what I'd put in there. Maybe a mini driver, I hear those are fun.

I wonder how the new Ping will stack up, much easier on the eyes

I love the Glides, but having gamed these a while now, I can safely say I lost interest in the ES version of the Glide because they don't have the full face grooves. After you play these a while, you just love the confidence you get looking down at that spatula like fully grooved face.

The amount of spin I get out of these and the confidence is incredible. I am literally 2 to 3 shots better per round since putting these wedges in play. Getting up and down a ton

The amount of spin I get out of these and the confidence is incredible. I am literally 2 to 3 shots better per round since putting these wedges in play. Getting up and down a ton

Agreed. I do question sometimes the redundancy of the 56 in my bag, I love it, but after pulling it, even when the results are great, I think "I could have hit that same shot with my 60".

This is one I still want to try. Mainly a 56 or a 58. Really need to get out and demo these. For everyone that has been using them for some time, do you find that these are easier to spin? I am able to get a bit of spin with my wedges, i can check and usually stop shot within a few feet but never any roll back. And i know its mainly technique just wondering if these could help.

Agreed. I do question sometimes the redundancy of the 56 in my bag, I love it, but after pulling it, even when the results are great, I think "I could have hit that same shot with my 60".
I like having the 56 and 60. 56 give me just that extra option with more bounce. Allows for more check-n-run shots and I like it out of really fluffy lies that I may slide the 60 right under. Plus I full swing with the 56 and use it from 120yd to about 100 yds

I like having the 56 and 60. 56 give me just that extra option with more bounce. Allows for more check-n-run shots and I like it out of really fluffy lies that I may slide the 60 right under. Plus I full swing with the 56 and use it from 120yd to about 100 yds

Oh I full swing it too, but for me thinking as I played today, its only 3* of bounce difference.

Really, I wish it was 54, that would be a better performer/need/fill for me than the 56...mainly because of the full swings.

I'd loooooooove a 54. But then, those MD3's....

Oh I full swing it too, but for me thinking as I played today, its only 3* of bounce difference.

Really, I wish it was 54, that would be a better performer/need/fill for me than the 56...mainly because of the full swings.

I was really stuck on 50, 54 58 set up too but the success I'm having, I don't want to change a thing. The 3 degrees of bounce seems to make a big difference for me though. I'm a happy camper with 56 and 60. The only thing I'm changing about my wedge setup will be adding a lower lofted md3 and perhaps black pm grinds :)

I love the Glides, but having gamed these a while now, I can safely say I lost interest in the ES version of the Glide because they don't have the full face grooves. After you play these a while, you just love the confidence you get looking down at that spatula like fully grooved face.

When I saw the MD3s were not going to have the full face grooves, I lost interest. I hope this is not a one time thing they are doing I love the idea. I hope they add lower lofts (a 52 would be ideal for me) to the PM grind.

You read my mind. I found that there wasn't much difference in the 56 and 60. I wish I hadn't sold my 58 because I was happy with it but right now I've bent my 60 to 58. I have a 54* MD2 T-Grind, but I'm very excited about the MD3. I feel like i can do anything with my PM-Grind. My scrambling has improved so much that if I miss a green I expect myself to get up and down for par (or whatever it is depending on how long it took for me to get greenside lol)

I pulled the trigger on a 60* PM wedge today as my local golf store had a VIP loyality evening and I got 1/3 off. I don't think I will be replacing my 54* RTX 2.0 wedge with a PM grind. Time to hit the range to dial it in.

I
Back to the point. The PM grind is at the top of my list for the 56* to get as I often use the high toe area on purpose to deaden shots. But I'm also concerned with the 56* having so much bounce (13*) that it might give me issues off tighter fairways. I doubt I'd have any issues on the zoyzia fairways like your course, but some of them I play aren't as lush. You've seen me miss a h&ll of a lot of greens, do you think the PM 56* would work for me? A question for others who are playing it in that loft, do you run into issues off tighter fairways on short scoring shots?

Ive had limited testing but so far the only club i don't feel very comfortable with is the 56*, in particular on full shots from the fairway. Ive done 1 range session and played 2 rounds and also carry the 60* & 64*. I am so in love with the 60* & 64* that I haven't even tried the 56* for anything but full shots. Yesterday I was messing around on a short par 3 to test my wedge distances. I went to the ladies tee box hit 5 balls from 75yds with 64*, easy swings all within 12ft. Then took 60* and hit 5 balls from 88yds again all great shots. both those wedges are just money from around green to full shots. Then I took the 56* to 105 yds for 5 balls and didn't hit one flush with all going around 90yds. Same thing happened when I tested the 3 wedges at the range. What gives? Now this is a small sample as Ive only hit about 10 balls with the 56*, but not 1 has felt good where pretty much every full shot with the 60* and 64* feels perfect. Is anybody else experiencing this? Im not going to give up on it yet but may have to put my MD2 54* back in the bag if that 56* doesn't want to cooperate.

Ive had limited testing but so far the only club i don't feel very comfortable with is the 56*, in particular on full shots from the fairway. Ive done 1 range session and played 2 rounds and also carry the 60* & 64*. I am so in love with the 60* & 64* that I haven't even tried the 56* for anything but full shots. Yesterday I was messing around on a short par 3 to test my wedge distances. I went to the ladies tee box hit 5 balls from 75yds with 64*, easy swings all within 12ft. Then took 60* and hit 5 balls from 88yds again all great shots. both those wedges are just money from around green to full shots. Then I took the 56* to 105 yds for 5 balls and didn't hit one flush with all going around 90yds. Same thing happened when I tested the 3 wedges at the range. What gives? Now this is a small sample as Ive only hit about 10 balls with the 56*, but not 1 has felt good where pretty much every full shot with the 60* and 64* feels perfect. Is anybody else experiencing this? Im not going to give up on it yet but may have to put my MD2 54* back in the bag if that 56* doesn't want to cooperate.
It took me 3 or 4 range sessions and a couple rounds to really dial it in on full swings, ball position was a big struggle for me with the 56 for a bit there. But, now, it's second nature.

that's good to hear. what did you do different in your setup? I'm sure if I focus on it on the range I'll get it dialed in, those other 2 clubs are just so easy so Im hoping the 56* will have the same feel once I figure it out.

Love my 58* pm, even on full shots. 2 times last night I was in the 60 to 70 range which is a full swing for me. Both times I was inside 10 feet. That used to be a dead zone for me, but now it's money.

that's good to hear. what did you do different in your setup? I'm sure if I focus on it on the range I'll get it dialed in, those other 2 clubs are just so easy so Im hoping the 56* will have the same feel once I figure it out.

I was playing the ball back too far initially like I always have my wedges, more to the middle and focusing on just not decel-ing, its been awesome.

I was required to hit this twice on Friday. First time was from 40 yards or so and due to a bunker not allowing a bump and run I had to go over a tree around 40 feet tall if I had to guess. Not a shot that I want to try often but pulled it off well and left the ball on the fringe short of the flag where I then drained a 15 footer for par.

Again on the 15th hole I had to hit it. Was almost pin high but 55 yards short right and had an elevated green. Had a tree which felt like dead in front of me and only play was going up and over. Opened stance and took a full swing, absolute perfection. Ball landed on green around 12-14 feet from hole and I just missed the par save there.

Impressed how easy it is to pick this clean and throw up the hero shot when needed. I don't use it unless I have to but the results are phenomenal and I can honestly say I couldn't pull it off this consistently with another wedge.

After hitting some incredible shots with the PM grind I realized that it was perfect for incredible shots but not all shots I play around the greens. This weekend I put my MD2 58 Tour back in the bag and I had much greater success and versatility around the greens. As much as I love pulling off the wow shots with the PM grind, the MD2 Tour just gives me a wider net to cast from and the results are there to back it up.

After hitting some incredible shots with the PM grind I realized that it was perfect for incredible shots but not all shots I play around the greens. This weekend I put my MD2 58 Tour back in the bag and I had much greater success and versatility around the greens. As much as I love pulling off the wow shots with the PM grind, the MD2 Tour just gives me a wider net to cast from and the results are there to back it up.

Funny you say this. I ordered a 58* PM Grind a couple of weeks ago to try out and possibly replace my 58* MD2 TG. I never played a round with the PM grind, but I liked my TG grind much better while spending a little over an hour at the practice short game area. The PM grind was much more forgiving out of bunkers due to the U-grind, but I felt much better with the TG out of most of the other lies I worked on (fairway, fringe, green-side rough). The PM grind will most likely find the BST.

For those seeing success with this from the bunker, are you playing it any different than your old wedge? I've gone from having great confidence in my sand game to wanting to pick it up and throw it on the green by hand and taking a triple bogey. I've flied more greens out of the bunker recently with this than I care to admit.

For those seeing success with this from the bunker, are you playing it any different than your old wedge? I've gone from having great confidence in my sand game to wanting to pick it up and throw it on the green by hand and taking a triple bogey. I've flied more greens out of the bunker recently with this than I care to admit.
I play it square mostly, no real need for me to open it up. Besides that, standard bunker swing and it's effing redonkulously awesome.

I play it square mostly, no real need for me to open it up. Besides that, standard bunker swing and it's effing redonkulously awesome.

I'll have to play around with that, I'm so used to opening it up all the time I've bladed 95% of the bunker shots I've had with this 58*

I've had the opposite effect. The one thing I've noticed about this club is how easy it is to get underneath the ball from almost everywhere. In the bunker I usually leave it too short now. I have to extend my swing to get it closer to the pin.

Back