Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind Wedges Preview

I was in a local chain golf store and was checking out the 60* wedge yesterday. The shape of the head remains me of an old budget wedge I had in my bag when I started playing some years ago. Pondering bagging this wedge….very soon.

Black versions would cost me.

Dammit.

Ordered a 58* for 15% off retail. Now just trying to be patient due to backorders!

I sold my 58 to a THPer and went 60, mostly on a whim. My goodness Molly am I glad I made that move.

It's even more perfect for what I want to use it for and I had it dialed in before my first round with it last night. 85y full swing and 65y full swing if I choke down to the end of the grip. Oh, and a mile high.
I had three sand shots with it and they all came out so easy, and high, that I was almost woefully short of the pin. I'll have to swing a bit harder to compensate for the "up" because it just lands so soft and doesn't move.

I was also testing out a hinge-and-hold type punch shot that was going about 50 yards and skipping to a stop after another 5-10 yards. Gotta have options.
How'd you get the discount?
Ordered a 58* for 15% off retail. Now just trying to be patient due to backorders!

I'm just waiting for the new ones to come out so I can scoop up a 64.

I've been a Vokey guy since the beginning and have no reason to change, but dammit if I don't want the 64 to play around with, especially with all the bunkers around here.

the last couple rounds I have hit some flop shots out of the rough and it has really let me see where I hit the ball. the good ones have been high and on the toe, where I currently have no grooves...

Really thinking about getting one of these wedges now!

The concept makes perfect sense, but man.... it looks like a foreman grill when you lay it behind a ball hahaha
But so so so so so so fun.

I'm going to guess once you've gotten used to the look, that it's brilliant, but man it is hard to get over the looks at first. First couple swings felt like I was swinging a spatula.

I'm going to guess once you've gotten used to the look, that it's brilliant, but man it is hard to get over the looks at first. First couple swings felt like I was swinging a spatula.
I'll never get over the look, it is a spatula, the guys in kc heard my opinion on that time and again.

But they work, and insanely well.

I'll never get over the look, it is a spatula, the guys in kc heard my opinion on that time and again.

But they work, and insanely well.

I get to find out Saturday how much I may or may not like this club

The concept makes perfect sense, but man.... it looks like a foreman grill when you lay it behind a ball hahaha
It's an acquired taste for sure. But the results make it look beautiful

Anyone going to the Michigan outing in August that has a 56 degree that I can try out? I want to see what I can get from full swings with that.

I have gotten used to the look. So much so that my 50 and 54 wedges look weird to me now.

The only good shots I hit with this club are out of the sand. It's just money in bunkers. I miss my RTX CB for everything else.

well it was this thread that convinced me to buy these wedges and i thank you all! I can't see these coming out of the bag for a very long time. That 60* is just ridiculously perfect. It hits every shot you can imagine and with such ease. In my 1st round out, I hit a perfect bunket shot from 20yds out, went up and down all 4 times i chipped with them...all beautiful shots, and stuck every 50-100yd shot(about 5 of them) within 5-15ft. Im not that great of a golfer but have a pretty good short game and these really give lots of confidence. So stoked!

well it was this thread that convinced me to buy these wedges and i thank you all! I can't see these coming out of the bag for a very long time. That 60* is just ridiculously perfect. It hits every shot you can imagine and with such ease. In my 1st round out, I hit a perfect bunket shot from 20yds out, went up and down all 4 times i chipped with them...all beautiful shots, and stuck every 50-100yd shot(about 5 of them) within 5-15ft. Im not that great of a golfer but have a pretty good short game and these really give lots of confidence. So stoked!

If you're getting your PM grind 60* to go close to 100 yards, please give me a lesson because I can't get my 58* farther than 50* yds. It makes having it in the bag a difficult choice just due to bigger yardage gaps than I'm used to. It's great greenside but from 40-70 yds, ain't happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're getting your PM grind 60* to go close to 100 yards, please give me a lesson because I can't get my 58* farther than 50* yds. It makes having it in the bag a difficult choice just due to bigger yardage gaps than I'm used to. It's great greenside but from 40-70 yds, ain't happening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I hit my 60 about 110 here in denver. Just hit it like any other iron. At first I was coming up a club short but I noticed I was striking out on the toe. Get some face tape and see where you're striking. Hit down like any other iron :)

i have the 56* also, but my 60* does go 90yds on full swing. Ive read a couple others comment on them being tough on full shots but I find them incredibly easy on full shots and around the green. Ive only done 1 session at range but went through a large bucket with just my wedges and found them consistent and forgiving on full shots, although I tend to hit 3/4 shots with my wedges.

I shot a 92 today. I went 0/18 GIR today. That's not a typo. The PM Grind 60° was flat out a life saver today. Love this club.

Shot 51 / 40 yesterday and this club just flat out saved me on more than one occasion - I am confident at 50-60 yards now - I simply choke down on the Lob and depending on the distance either do a 3/4 or 1/2 swing and it flies up nicely and stops. Love this wedge!

Back