UnOfficial Nor Cal/So Cal Get-Together Thread

I think upthread you had said you were in, so thanks for confirming... we have 12 people! If there are more lurking and you want to commit, post it here.

Heez, if you need me to help with anything. Going to look at hotels when I have a chance.

I think I've got the courses covered. If you could research the hotels and give some options I think everyone would appreciate that.

This is going to be a ton of fun!

If it's ok with you guys I'll make the executive decision to go with the THP hats! What better way to rep and support this great website! JB is willing to make sure they are available. I'm willing to make sure we all have them and have the invoice for 12 sent to me. We can work the details out later. I'll order 6 of each color. You guys figure out which team is wearing what. An idea is that we could let JB's random generator pick who wears what if no one wants to be the bad guy.

The Papa,
Good call on the hats.

The Heez,
Thanks for setting up the tee times.

mancest,
Looking forward to the lodging options.

Thanks Papa. White isn't my preference, but I don't have a problem buying and wearing it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks Papa. White isn't my preference, but I don't have a problem buying and wearing it.

LOL... I'm not the one who is saying which team wears what colors. I don't wanna be the bad guy here hahahaha! Maybe we should leave it random draw? I just thought that based on Wontons first post with the color scheme being Dodgers/Giants that blue and grey vs. orange and white went with it. I honestly don't care what color each team wears or what color I wear...

LOL... I'm not the one who is saying which team wears what colors. I don't wanna be the bad guy here hahahaha! Maybe we should leave it random draw? I just thought that based on Wontons first post with the color scheme being Dodgers/Giants that blue and grey vs. orange and white went with it. I honestly don't care what color each team wears or what color I wear...

Those logos can be changed. Nothing is official here so we can do whatever we'd like. Heck, I'll even wear Neon green if that's what everyone wants.

I can't stand the Giants or the Dodgers so I am out of that argument. Thank you for helping get this going. I will wear whatever. I wasn't trying to cause any problems.

No problems at all. Nothing's set in stone other than location and dates.

No problems at all. Nothing's set in stone other than location and dates.
Cool, so we can go with Sharks instead of Giants? J/K

I've never played either of these courses but they look like they will be a blast to play. Installed the Hunter Ranch app on my phone already. Nope, not excited at all.

Driver gets left in the bag on quite a few holes on that course. They force you to play shorter clubs with a lot of dog legs and lay up points.

Hotels:

I posted some reviews of Paso Robles hotels from Tripadvisor a couple days ago in this thread. Because we're playing in Nipomo on Sunday, I thought it would be useful to post about lodging in the "Five Cities" area of the Central Coast. Keep in mind that this is a touristy area by the beach, so you all should secure your hotel reservations well in advance. Some hotels might require 2 nights stay, but some might not.

Nice places and a little on the less expensive side appear below: The Hampton Inn is newly built in the last couple years, and we've had family stay at the other two with no problems or issues.

Holiday Inn Express, Grover Beach
Oxford Suites, Pismo Beach
Hampton Inn, Arroyo Grande

You can also just pull up a Google Map and type in Pismo Beach area hotels or Arroyo Grande area hotels and then do your own research. Also, a very nice touristy area is Avila Beach that is 30-ish minutes drive to Monarch Dunes Golf Course.

You can also check out vrbo.com for Nipomo, CA and see what's available near Sunday's course. That might be a group option some might consider. The weather in this area in October is normally quite awesome -- Either Paso Robles or closer to the coast.

I just booked at the Hampton (Hilton honors gets me everytime). Rate was $199 before tax, but they have 2 queen beds for 209 before tax if anyone is planning to double up.

I'd tentatively like to toss my name into the ring to play for the north. I still need to make sure everything fits into my work schedule as I'd prolly make it a few more days. My company has an office in SLO, so maybe it will become a "business trip."

For hotel, I'd plan on staying somewhere in SLO. It makes the drive a little longer to both courses, but I'd like to spend some time in the town as well for old times sake.

I'd tentatively like to toss my name into the ring to play for the north. I still need to make sure everything fits into my work schedule as I'd prolly make it a few more days. My company has an office in SLO, so maybe it will become a "business trip."

For hotel, I'd plan on staying somewhere in SLO. It makes the drive a little longer to both courses, but I'd like to spend some time in the town as well for old times sake.

Hope you can make it!

Hope you can make it!

I think it's going to work out nicely for me to make it.

I started looking for hotels in SLO and they seem more expensive than normal that weekend. I could usually find decent rooms in the $70 - 100 range. I may need to go back to the drawing board to find something reasonable. I've got a bunch of Marriott points i've been sitting on, but the redemption value there is terrible compared to other places I go.

All that aside, I am pretty excited for this get together.

I think it's going to work out nicely for me to make it.

I started looking for hotels in SLO and they seem more expensive than normal that weekend. I could usually find decent rooms in the $70 - 100 range. I may need to go back to the drawing board to find something reasonable. I've got a bunch of Marriott points i've been sitting on, but the redemption value there is terrible compared to other places I go.

All that aside, I am pretty excited for this get together.

October is wedding season in SLO. Then you add Cal Poly parents who have been away from their little freshmen angels for a month and are having launching issues. October can be a busy time in this area.

Should have final updates regarding the courses later this week. Stay tuned and good luck to everyone that entered the Cleveland Golf event. My wife is going to be pissed if I do both, but it's better to ask forgiveness than permission...

Ain't that the truth. I am also hoping to make both.

Amazingly there are still 3 more THP events in SoCal this year and 2 of which have not even had sign ups yet.
Only wish I had the time to attend them all

Keep up the great work on THP. JB. THUMBS UP.

So for the folks that are traveling from afar, would you prefer to tee off on Saturday at Hunter Ranch at 10a or 11:50a? Sunset is not until 6:26p so we will not have any issues finishing with either. There is a group a little larger than ours in between, do we want to follow them or lead them?

Good things are at hand gents!

1150am. Johan

If I had to guess we may play a tad slow due to playing some team style golf. However if we have a large group behind us, we may not get pushed too heavily. I kind of like the 10am.

So for the folks that are traveling from afar, would you prefer to tee off on Saturday at Hunter Ranch at 10a or 11:50a? Sunset is not until 6:26p so we will not have any issues finishing with either. There is a group a little larger than ours in between, do we want to follow them or lead them?

Good things are at hand gents!

I'm not picky at all. I'll be ready to go by 8am.

Back