The Official 2015 MLB Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get the Braves play in all of this unless it sheds money for next year? I honestly haven't paid attention and just did a quick skim here

Edit: so the Braves tied up $29M next year on these two guys? Didn't the Bourne experiment already fail in the ATL?

and this Chris Johnson guy is officially the highest paid Indian next year lol

I don't get the Braves play in all of this unless it sheds money for next year? I honestly haven't paid attention and just did a quick skim here

Edit: so the Braves tied up $29M next year on these two guys? Didn't the Bourne experiment already fail in the ATL?

They were paying Johnston to not play.

Bourn and Swisher will probably play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They got $10M to even out the deal and Johnson was making a boatload to sit on the bench.... Frees up money for 2017 which ultimately their goal

Thinking out loud, but if there is 1/3 of the season left this year that means ATL will be on the hook for 1/3 of their combined salaries for this year (about $10M)

So if thats true it goes back to being $11.5M favorable to CLE

i think that depends on what was negotiated in the trade and who is paying salary. Cleveland may be on the hook for the salary this year to make the deal work or something along those lines.

Napoli going back to Texas
Good.. his batting average has hovered the Mendoza line since the end of the 2013 season.

Edit: grateful for what he did to help the Sox win the World Series in 2013. Sox need to continue the overhaul at this pont and he deserves to go to a playoff contender at this point.

Never knew who Ben Zobrist was before a couple weeks ago. Glad the Royals picked him up.

The only thing worse than watching Trumbo repeatedly butcher balls in the OF is sitting through a very prolonged review that ends up being a non reviewable play.

We won one of the raffle prizes at the tournament we had on Friday. Four tickets to the Diamond Club at Kauffman Stadium! They are on Wednesday against Detroit. I will be missing league night, as will my partner and both guys we use as subs, as they will be going too!

I wanted Jacqui to go, but she can't miss Wednesdays and they won't let us exchange them for another game.

Never knew who Ben Zobrist was before a couple weeks ago. Glad the Royals picked him up.
Been a very good player for a long time. Played in all star games and world series.

Got to see a really good friend tonight at the K. Tyler Collins. We played a lot of baseball together growing up
edbfd5f017a9d2b3f4a73293e80034ca.jpg

Got to see a really good friend tonight at the K. Tyler Collins. We played a lot of baseball together growing up

Was he the one in your group who always talked about playing in the bigs?

A couple of my friends knew David Cone growing up, and HE was the only one in the group who always talked about playing in the majors (and truly believed he would get there).

Was he the one in your group who always talked about playing in the bigs?

A couple of my friends knew David Cone growing up, and HE was the only one in the group who always talked about playing in the majors (and truly believed he would get there).

Nope super humble kid couldn't have happened to a nicer kid

Cash has less faith in his starters than anybody I've ever seen.

Ramirez just got yanked in the 8th after only 70 pitches with no runs after giving up his first hit in 5 innings.

Cash has less faith in his starters than anybody I've ever seen.

Ramirez just got yanked in the 8th after only 70 pitches with no runs after giving up his first hit in 5 innings.
Curious decision. I was at the game. Just over 2 hours. I can get behind that!

Looking forward to attending my first Royals game in a long time tomorrow night. Missing league to do it, but the seats are too good to pass up.

Curious decision. I was at the game. Just over 2 hours. I can get behind that!
Became even more curious when he didn't use his top bullpen guys. You know a great way to rest your bullpen? Let your starter finish the game.

Just heard on MLB radio that every home team won yesterday for the first time in MLB history.

Just heard on MLB radio that every home team won yesterday for the first time in MLB history.

Wow, thats an awesome stat.

It's the first time all 15 MLB teams won, but obviously that wasn't possible prior to 1998. All 12 teams did win in 1914. Still pretty crazy

It's the first time all 15 MLB teams won, but obviously that wasn't possible prior to 1998. All 12 teams did win in 1914. Still pretty crazy
Yeah, I believe they were talking "modern era".

Saw the Cubs play on Saturday. Team looked good. Hell of a season they are putting down so far. They've got a young team and I think if they can grab that wild card spot they will be trouble for a lot of teams in the playoffs. They can score some runs.

Wrigley is still a nightmare with the construction, but looked better than I remembered it. They have almost the entire Clark side blocked off. Should be pretty nice next year though.

Saw the Cubs play on Saturday. Team looked good. Hell of a season they are putting down so far. They've got a young team and I think if they can grab that wild card spot they will be trouble for a lot of teams in the playoffs. They can score some runs.

Wrigley is still a nightmare with the construction, but looked better than I remembered it. They have almost the entire Clark side blocked off. Should be pretty nice next year though.

how'd the boy like the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back