keep your irons covered?

Nope.

BTW, depending upon your bag layout, you may only have to cover every other iron to keep them from clanging against each other. If you do this, a full set of iron covers might last twice as long.

Except for having numbers on the covers. I've mixed up my 6 and 9 now an than to begin with. Last thing I need is wrong numbers on covers lol

Won't ever cover. Hitting a small rock or root will do far more damage than a little bag chatter . They are tools that hit the ground at 80+ mph it is actually amazing that most irons don't have more damage (marks)

I agree its amazing they don't get killed for what they do.
But for your logic about it? I'll just say my logic is that you can only do something about the things you can control so why not do them. But too each his own.

Some irons I do but rarely haha . On that note I have found the 14 way dividers on the four5 have really reduced the chatter on my clubs
That is why I'm going for that one. I've wanted it for so long.

Only for travel.

Nope. Never have, never will. I like to see my irons in all their glory. My clubs live in the trunk of my car and I've never noticed any issues.

Every club in my bag is covered. From driver to putter. I've found the iron covers take all of 2 second to put on or take off. It takes longer to wipe a club on a towel than to cover them. I spend the money I do on the clubs I'm going to protect them and keep them looking pristine.

Last edited:
Never. When I travel, I put a towel and some socks on the clubs.

Ironically enough I always kept my irons covered until I just spent a fortune on new ones and haven't had a cover on one of them.

I'm stupid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking for iron covers when in transit. I tried to keep them on all the time and lost too many while playing.

I as well have been thinking about the covering. I know a lot of ppl have mixed views on this. Play with a guy that swears by it, just cant convince myself to get covers.

I have covers for all but my wedge and 9 iron (I lost that one) but only use my iron covers for travel. Found them to be a hassle during play so they stay home for any local play.

My irons are my workhorses, I don't mind a little chatter and wear. So nope, not for me.

But I see nothing wrong with those that do.

never in a million years. i like the bag chatter, and there's just something about iron covers that rubs me the wrong way. like seeing a ball retriever sticking up out your bag.

I agree, on both counts. Head covers on driver, woods/hybrids though, as well as the putter.

I usually have a couple tour towels on my bag that I just put threw and on the clubs. Keeps the chatter down well enough and doesn't get in the way when playing.

I agree, on both counts. Head covers on driver, woods/hybrids though, as well as the putter.

yep, headcovers on woods hybos and putter. custom headcovers, obviously!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife asked me a while ago if I wanted covers for my irons for brithday. I said no way, not worth the hassle. Although, I do have a cart bag with with full length dividers. Bag chatter is not really a problem. Driver and putter cover usually come off on the first tee and stay off until the end of the round.

When packing my clubs in my travel bag I just wrap extra towels around the iron heads.

head covers on everything except my three wedges.

I started using covers on my irons years ago when I carried my bag because I dislike the sound of the clubs clanking together. I use a set of magnetic covers that are super easy to remove/replace. As I walk to the ball I place the cover in my pocket, as I return to the cart I wipe the club and replace the cover so there's no delay.

Bonus: Now that I'm married all of my clubs always look the same......:angel:

I've had both forged and cast irons, and never used covers on them. I keep the woods covered during the round between shots, but take the putter cover off on the 1st hole and replace it after the 18th (don't know why since its probably the most expensive putter I've owned).

Never covered mine

I keep all mine covered except wedges. Just like to prevent any damage I can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Every club in my bag has a cover. I'll pull most of them off for a round if I'm in the cart, but they stay on if I'm walking. I *hate* listening to that clack-clack when I walk. I don't care about damage, they're lumps of metal designed to be bashed into the ground and a bunch of golf balls. I just don't want to hear them when I'm walking, it bugs me.

I also hate jangly pocket change, squeaky shoes, etc. I guess it annoys my inner ninja or something.

I didn't always.....

But the 545's deserved covers. So I gave in.

Yep a cover for each club in the bag. I don't like chatter dings in the irons/wedges.

I don't like the look of iron covers, so nope.

Back