roberts9

Reaction score
Handicap
I was wondering how many Military people we have on THP. Active, retired, reserves, guard. We all do the same thing. I'll start out

USAF, Malmstrom AFB, MT, 741 MSFS

i was in the army straight out of highschool. in my 7th week of basic i dislocated my right knee cap on a night march. i went through rehab and was then told, "son, you can either take a medical discharge or you can start basic all over again". that was the extent of my military career. i actually really enjoyed it, but hated basic. i was surrounded by idiots, and i didn't enjoy being punished b/c of someone else's inabilities.

i signed up to be a mortician, haha. when i was in the recruitment process i had a fair few jobs to choose, i asked where i'd be stationed for each one, and if i would sign up to be a mortician, they'd station me in hawaii, seemed like a swell idea at the time. 3 of my good highschool buddies were also in there with me. two of them are still active and the other one put in his 3 years and got out.

I would like to personally thank all those who have served in our Military and have given up their time to serve our great nation. I salute all of you.

USAF 98-07. Electronic Warfare @ DMAFB, and ATC @ McGuire AFB.

Seconded
I would like to personally thank all those who have served in our Military and have given up their time to serve our great nation. I salute all of you.

USAF, Edwards AFB, Flight Test Engineer, 1LT

US Army 2001-2006 Wheeler Army Airfield Hawaii for the whole time after basic and AIT. I was a 15B Aircraft Engine Repairer.

US Army Field Artillery 85 thru 95 Capt.

USMC from July 1976 through September 1981. Semper Fi.

Nice Sacul, Im so close to getting my degree I can taste it..Thinking of commisioning but not sure yet. <salute>

Also, good to see we have officers and enlisted side.

ARMY, 82nd airborne, 19D, Discharged

Army -- Drafted in 1970 and served a year in Vietnam with 22nd replacement battalion. Trying to talk my son into signing up with the Air Force after graduating high school. Great career training and good benefits to boot.

USAF, DMAFB, Fire Fighter/Medic, Vet

USAF, 1965-68, elint. Hope everyone has a great fourth.

Military Members

I am not sure if there is a thread like this already but I thought I'd start one.

This is for anyone who is serving or has served in the armed forces!

Please list branch and time served.

I would like to be the first to say Thank You for Your service and dedication!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I'm not one but I just want to say to all soldiers out there, THANK YOU!
Thank you for your dedication and protecting our freedom. Freedom isn't free and you guys are much appreciated for all the hard/good work.
Want to give a shout out to my best friend, Cpt. Mike Dobel. He's a Blackhawk pilot serving in Afghanistan right now and he's there for 8 more months. Mikey, be safe. I know you miss beer but as soon as you get back, there are plenty to pints to go around! Miss ya kid!

U.S. Navy, LT type, still serving and it has been my honor.

US Air Force 2001-2005. 2nd week out of bootcamp, 9/11 happened.

Air Force. 5/1988 - 11/2009. MSgt.

Texas, Germany, Arizona, Texas, S. Korea, Texas, Italy, Georgia

Last edited:
US Navy 1982 - 2005

U.S. Navy - 1988 - 1994 USS Mississippi CGN-40 Nuke Machinist Mate.

USMC 1993-1999, Sergeant (Parris Island, Defense Language Institute, Camp Lejeune, NC and Guantanamo Bay, Cuba). Also squeezed in about 18 months of sea time going all over the world, but mostly the bad parts.

Want to say a HUGE Thank You to all of my fellow THP'ers who have or currently serve in the military! I have had a lot of friends who have or currently serve in different branches and I admire anyone who has or does serve. That's a sacrifice that I was not able to make due to health growing up, but I a TON of respect for those that could.
I lost one of my best friends from High School in Afghanistan on August 16th, 2006 to and IED his name was Army Cpl. Jeremiah S. Cole he went by Scott. He was 26 and left behind a wife and newborn son that was only a few months old at the time when he deployed. Miss ya brother! :drinks:

"Each of these heroes stands in the unbroken line of patriots who have dared to die that freedom might live and grow and increase in its blessings."
-- Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Back