Music before a round

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
Do you guys like to listen to a specific type of music or a specific song before a round of golf? I usually find myself listening to hardcore/metalcore/southern metalcore. This music gets me pumped but still has a calming effect on me.

I go for the the Hootie and the blowfish/taylor swift/eminem/BoB/'mr. jones and me' playlist. Has treated me quite well so far.

I have a playlist on my ipod called "golf music" that I listen to: includes everything from Tool to Republica to DMB to Jimmy Hendrix.

anything but country music will work fine for me

I have a playlist on my ipod called "golf music" that I listen to: includes everything from Tool to Republica to DMB to Jimmy Hendrix.

Same here, with quite a wide variety of music. I also have a small carrying case that has speakers in it and I might clip it on my bag from time to time.

Social Distortion, Johnny Cash, Ryan Adams or Ben Harper is what I like before a round.

i always listen to vampire weekend before my rounds here lately. it's good/fun/relaxing/puts me in a good mood. i don't listen to tunes whilst warming up, i like to hear my surroundings, soak it all in, but i love it on the way to the course.

I don't listen to music before a round or going to the range any more.
When I did in the past, I would find that a certain song or lyric would get stuck in my head.
Then instead of concentrating on the shot, the damn song was going thru my head and I was just hitting at the ball.

I don't listen to music before a round or going to the range any more.
When I did in the past, I would find that a certain song or lyric would get stuck in my head.
Then instead of concentrating on the shot, the damn song was going thru my head and I was just hitting at the ball.

If that ever happens, just start doing math in your head and it will make the song go away. Some research said that they use the same part of the brain or something.

Music is none of my business.

Kevin

If that ever happens, just start doing math in your head and it will make the song go away. Some research said that they use the same part of the brain or something.

I will try that Seth....thanks !

SethO, I'm with you.
Nothing like some rad shreds to get me pumped up to go out there and tear up the course!
Try some August Burns Red, Every Time I Die, A Wilhelm Scream, or even some Tool.

I like old school rap. I find the lyrics amusing and it always puts me in a good mood. Nothing like hearing "I like big butts and I cannot lie" before a round.

SethO, I'm with you.
Nothing like some rad shreds to get me pumped up to go out there and tear up the course!
Try some August Burns Red, Every Time I Die, A Wilhelm Scream, or even some Tool.

Also try some Once Nothing, Becoming the Archetype, Norma Jean and The Chariot.

I like old school rap. I find the lyrics amusing and it always puts me in a good mood. Nothing like hearing "I like big butts and I cannot lie" before a round.

Old rap is awesome!

Man, I forgot to mention Alicia Keys lol. She has such an awesome voice. There I admitted it.

i only listen to "don't tread on me" by metallica before i tee off though.....lol

That is a bad @ss song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i only listen to "don't tread on me" by metallica before i tee off though.....lol

Van Halen, Aerosmith, Chris Cornell, The Offspring works just fine lol

Just play it LOUD!

Chris Cornell is bad@ss too. Man this thread has been jacking my attention from work haha.

I played with father time the other day, he's pretty good by the way, and I was struggling. I usually listen to rock before the round but I didn't wanna hear anymore comments about keeping my head down or getting to my left side so popped in the mp3 and cranked up the hank jr/five finger death punch playlist. I think it pissed him off, mission accomplished

Back