Weekend of July 20-21

Smallville

#ICanHitADraw
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I used to start this thread weekly a few years ago but got out of the habit at some point. Time to bring it back now that I can contribute to it again!

My weekend is actually starting on Friday and I am playing at noon with my next door neighbor his son (who was one of my best friends growing up) and someone else he knows from his work. Then my normal 2:30 pm Sunday game to close out the weekend.

Will be watching the British Open when I get the chance.

What are your plans?

You make a new thread for every weekend?

After I get off work Friday, it's guys night which kicks off with a round of golf and dinner/bar. Saturday will be a house cleaning day, need to cut grass and what not. Sunday I'm teeing it up with THPers for 36 holes. Should be a great weekend.

Well at THIS point it looks like I will be working Saturday, (always have Sunday off) catching up on some stuff on the DVR, probably mow the yard and play with the kids. All of this between watching The Open Championship. I'd like to play at least 9 on maybe Sunday morning, but right now I don't see that happening.

Lets see, get off work Friday, go watch The Open (its on PVR) until late.

Saturday - Golf at Red Tail Landing, a special treat as it is an upscale course and costs about double my usual weekend round rate. After golf go home and prep for a BBQ on Sunday at my place. Its a bit of a pot luck so I am not doing it all, just the mains. Attempting chicken breast stuffed with artichoke, goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes. Make sure we have everything and prep work is done. Watch The Open.

Sunday - Watch the end of The Open. Have my annual BBQ for my family. Sit around stuffed full of food, cake, and ice cream.

Surgery early tomorrow morning. The wife has gloriously planned a myriad of events for the kids so hopefully they'll be gone I can watch The Open in peace and quiet. Thinking about trying to get some putting practice in at some point over the weekend and maybe walking The Children's Course with the kids Monday morning, if I'm able, just to get on my feet and move around.

Saturday will be yard work and going to the swim club with the family. Sunday will be brunch at the golf club with the fam, then have to head to MD for marathon deps starting early Monday a.m. I may try to get in a round as I'm heading down to the hotel on Sunday.

Saturday morning will be a mix of watching the kids, entertaining the kids, and watching golf while trying get chores done. When they are finally both asleep in the afternoon (please jeebus please) I will either try to go to the range or just sit on the couch in a sleep deprived trance. Then the boy and his mom are going to the pool, so I'll do a combination of entertaining the baby and myself. On Saturday I will try to get half-cocked on a mixture of Miller Lite and something that tastes good.

Sunday is golf in the early morning with jacob1 and Jrod. Hopefully some time to watch the Open after that. Then a bunch more chores until the final greuling stretch when I finally get the kids to sleep about 9pm. Then I will try to look at my internet phone without fall asleep, give up and hit the sack.

Well...

Friday night will be chores around the house.

Saturday will be doing some major organizing since...... Wait for it... Erin's mom will be moving in, temporarily.

Sunday I will be spending a good chunk working.

Basically I am excited for this weekend as you can tell

Saturday will be doing some major organizing since...... Wait for it... Erin's mom will be moving in, temporarily.

Oh my...

Morgan Cup prep.

This weekend could go one of 2 ways... If I get an acceptible offer from the new job: Friday night will be celebrating and watching our friend's cover band, Saturday will be 18 at my home course followed by more celebrating at a bar, and Sunday will be recovery/maybe golf catching up on The open DVR.

If I don't hear from the new company: Friday will be running around getting last minute things, saturday I'll be flying to Milwaukee for our annual meeting, Sat night is a river boat ride, Sunday morning is a 5 mile walk with my co-workers, and Sunday night is a "garden party" at the Milwaukee Zoo.... followed by 3 days of meetings and walking around Milwaukee in a suit in 90+ degree weather... Which one do you think I'm rooting for??

I'm already in holiday mode. I have a wedding to attend tomorrow for one of the girls at work. Gonna be messy drunk so definitely no THP or Facebook for me.

Saturday we travel to Ennis Regina's home place for her aunt's 50th birthday party. Another night of drinking :( not to many pints though so i may be seen around these parts.

Sunday get up early to drive out to Lahinch GC to pick up something for a friend. Then relax for the rest of the day.

Monday at noon we begin a long days travelling to be part of The Morgan Cup :banana:

Friday night is always pizza night, and sometimes renting a movie. After feeding the wee one at 5 am on Saturday, headed to the course for a quick 9, prolly tee off about 6. After golf it's LOTS of crap around the house to get done, then repeat LOTS of crap Sunday as well. LOTS of crap is usually the plan, but never pans out with two monsters running around (well one can't run yet). Unfortunately we don't have cable (only basic and Netflix and Hulu Plus), so there will be no Open watching :banghead:.

Here is the way I look at it. She will buy groceries, cook, and clean (like Erin is supposed to). That gives me more time to do my thing and a good role model for Erin to learn something useful from hopefully :D.

Going to watch the open as much as I can. I want to get a round in plus I have to clean my room and work on two assignments for school.

Work tomorrow morning, tomorrow night, Saturday morning, Saturday night, and Sunday night. Just like every weekend. I'll get to watch the Open on Sunday morning at least.

Clean the house, watch the Open, and "baby-proof" the house. My daughter and family will be visiting us from Detroit, showing up on Monday or Tuesday and staying for two weeks. We can't wait to see the grandkids - Thomas age 9, Tess age 3 1/2, and Matthew age 2. We'll need a vacation after they leave, but can't wait for everyone to get here safely. :banana:

Last edited:
I was gone last weekend, This weekend, I will be doing what ever the wife wants me to do. Gotta keep things in balance. If she pisses me off though, Ill be playing both Saturday and Sunday morning.

Tomorrow night I'll probably head down to the neighbor's house for some washer pitching after the little one goes to bed.
Saturday morning I should be able to get in a few holes of golf before having to come home and work on crap around the house.
Saturday night will be fun. My club is having a par 3 twilight tournament. 9 holes in the evening, then dinner and 9 holes in the dark. Should be a blast.
Sunday will be Church, lunch at my grandma's, crap around the house and if I'm lucky, golf or 4-wheeler riding.

Well...

Friday night will be chores around the house.

Sunday I will be spending a good chunk working.

Basically I am excited for this weekend as you can tell

Temporarily = indefinite :banghead: Unless of course she agrees with you on everything, then your better half will ensure that it's only for a short time. Either way, good luck.

Saturday we will be up around 6 A.M. to work in the garden (vegetables in case anyone was curious) then we are headed to the bay area for a small (only 30ish) family dinner. Sunday I will be playing 9 with my wife and then chores plus a bit of Open watching.

Fri night...range time with canadan
Saturday a round with golfinff and some range
Sunday
..not sure yet

My weekend starts Friday, and I'll be at Road America in Wisconsin all weekend!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Golf with hawk and Jrod.

Back