Bridgestone J40 Driver Review Thread

I really think thats going to be a good shaft for you WR.

I hope it will be my friend, I am still a little clueless in terms of matching shafts and club heads but I gave it a shot, spoke with BFit and with good people like yourself and then rolled the dice. Time will tell.

I hope it will be my friend, I am still a little clueless in terms of matching shafts and club heads but I gave it a shot, spoke with BFit and with good people like yourself and then rolled the dice. Time will tell.

3 types of heads
Low spin (1)
Med spin (2)
High spin (3)

3 types of shafts
Low spin (1)
Med spin (2)
High spin (3)

So depending on your needs, you can decide on a driver for you based in numbers. If you're a really low spin player, you should get a 6 point driver. But if you're a really high spin player, you should play a 2 point driver.

Any combinations in between as well. Golf balls effect this scale too.

Oh and by the way, Bridgestone Golf rules!

Thanks for that Thain but I was trying to compare combos that worked for me before and then with the J40 it was a low spin head and I was not sure the difference in performance there. I tried to engage the forum in discussion but was told I was asking too many questions and I should just relax. So I relaxed, rolled some dice and come July we will see if I guessed right or I crap out (a little Vegas reference there too..lol ) Either way I am excited to get the club ordering process started and cant wait to get my beautiful staff bag full of wonderful clubs.

Thanks for that Thain but I was trying to compare combos that worked for me before and then with the J40 it was a low spin head and I was not sure the difference in performance there. I tried to engage the forum in discussion but was told I was asking too many questions and I should just relax. So I relaxed, rolled some dice and come July we will see if I guessed right or I crap out (a little Vegas reference there too..lol ) Either way I am excited to get the club ordering process started and cant wait to get my beautiful staff bag full of wonderful clubs.

Boo to this. Thats exactly why the fourm is here and shame on who ever said this.. There are several people here, myself included, who are more than happy and willing to answer any questions that anyone has. And if I don't know the answer I will say that and then will read around and see if I can find an answer and help out any way I can.

Late start to my day, but my order is in:

Club head - J40 445, 10.5 degree loft
Shaft - Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6
Flex - Stiff
Grip - Lamkin REL 3Gen White, Standard size, +2 additional wraps, logo down
Length - 44.5 inches
Swingweight - D2 (standard)

Excellent shaft choice!

So our order was placed for our drivers today and Bridgestone already came back with some feedback to us. ( Awesome customer service right there)

I had done the Lamkin grip optimizer on their website to make sure I was going with the right grip. It told me a mid size grip would be best for my hand measurements.

Turns out, Bridgestone doesn't offer the 3GEN in mid size, so they offered to build a standard size grip up with tape to make it mid size. They could have easily just said, "Sorry, we can only do standard."

Once again, Bridgestone going above and beyond! So I emailed Josh back saying that was perfectly fine.

That's great customer service right there

So our order was placed for our drivers today and Bridgestone already came back with some feedback to us. ( Awesome customer service right there)

I had done the Lamkin grip optimizer on their website to make sure I was going with the right grip. It told me a mid size grip would be best for my hand measurements.

Turns out, Bridgestone doesn't offer the 3GEN in mid size, so they offered to build a standard size grip up with tape to make it mid size. They could have easily just said, "Sorry, we can only do standard."

Once again, Bridgestone going above and beyond! So I emailed Josh back saying that was perfectly fine.

How many wraps are they going to do to build it up to midsize? I've sometimes seen 3 wraps listed, other times I've seen 4.

How many wraps are they going to do to build it up to midsize? I've sometimes seen 3 wraps listed, other times I've seen 4.

They didn't say Ary. So I guess once I get it, I'm going to have to go on feel. If for some reason I don't like it, I can pull the grip and add/subtract wraps.

I've got a line on a CHEAP J40 445 10.5°, if I can win this ebay auction for the Di-6X I'm combo'ing them up!

Agreed, that is great customer service! They were very quick to respond to our orders.

I also had to change my grip, mainly for just not paying enough attention in the grip selection. I saw NDMC grips were available and asked for the white/green whiteouts. Unfortunately they weren't available so my J40 will now have the black/black NDMC! I love the black/black though I think that grip will look sharp on every club through the bag!

Yep, I am the only rebel that went with the 430 head
Club head - J40 430, 9.5 degree loft
Shaft - Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6
Flex - Stiff
Grip - Lamkin REL 3Gen Gray, Standard size
Length - 44.5 inches
Swingweight - D2 (standard) I went with the 430 head since I hit the ball so high, BFIT recommended it to lower my launch

Thats like a dream setup that I would love to hit but too nervous to try! lol, please oh please oh PLEASE let me hit that baby in MB!

That's amazing customer service. Kudos to them big time!

Siri speaks for me!

Thats like a dream setup that I would love to hit but too nervous to try! lol, please oh please oh PLEASE let me hit that baby in MB!

You are more than welcome to hit it Bradd....although it will probably suck watching you hit it so much better than me....hehehe

Always fun to get a Monday morning Tour Rep PM! Driver orders have all been submitted to Bridgestone, now the builds start!

So the J40 430 9.5* PX 6.0 I snagged on ebay for a steal showed up on Saturday. Took it out yesterday and was pretty imressed. When I could put a swing on it, it went long and straight. Didn't do any comaprisons on the course, but from where I was standing there didn't seem to be much discernable distance between the J40 and my X-Hot/B. Asha. Looking forward to more work with it.

You are more than welcome to hit it Bradd....although it will probably suck watching you hit it so much better than me....hehehe

I will hit it after Bradd so you can feel better hitting after me. :D

Always fun to get a Monday morning Tour Rep PM! Driver orders have all been submitted to Bridgestone, now the builds start!

Yes indeed!! We should all have them in about 2-3 weeks.

I will hit it after Bradd so you can feel better hitting after me. :D

Yes indeed!! We should all have them in about 2-3 weeks.

Nice way to start off the week, could have it in time for the Ohio Invitational which pleases me

Nice way to start off the week, could have it in time for the Ohio Invitational which pleases me

I am hoping that we will. The timeline hopefully will work out!

These drivers are soo cheap. Just got a J40 445 10.5° with a 5.5 ProX for $45. Now if I could only win this Graphite Design DI-6X I'm bidding on....

Found answer !

These drivers are soo cheap. Just got a J40 445 10.5° with a 5.5 ProX for $45. Now if I could only win this Graphite Design DI-6X I'm bidding on....

Found answer !

Wow that is a killer deal.

Had a dream last night that my J40 driver came, woke up before I got to hit it, dang it! Man I can't wait to try the J40 and Diamana Kai'li combo!

I'm excited for the J40 and Attas T2 combo. Was a little nervous about the choice at first but I think its going to be a great combo.

Back