The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

All I can do is grind it out, practice my tail off and challenge myself to make sure the game i have travels without excuses. If I'm lucky enough to enjoy this ride from the minute I step off the plane I'm not worrying about my game bc by that time it's too late. Do the prep work before hand so you can soak it up and enjoy the ride.

You can have fun and still have the killer instinct, it just means you better have put in the work beforehand.

Pretty sure Jman wearing that belt in his world history class after #TeamRedemption's victory could start quite the discussion about the fall of Empires or something along those lines..... Maybe it goes to all the team members for a week. Now that would be a reason to take a selfie! :bashful:

I had a range session this morning that reminded me a lot of our time at the ECPC. Overcast, crisp and beautiful. Then I gazed down at these beauties and memories of the Grandaddy came flooding back. All golf clubs have a story, these ones happen to have the greatest golf story I've ever told. Its about the people and the places, more than the equipment, but damn if the equipment doesn't bring a tear to the eye.

Jman & Neb, you have quite a story to prepare for. Enjoy the journey; the build up is intense, the moments are profound and the afterglow will stick with you forever.

I freaking love it Heez!

That's awesome man! There's excitement beaming from that picture :) That orange Hideaway cover is awesome!

I had a range session this morning that reminded me a lot of our time at the ECPC. Overcast, crisp and beautiful. Then I gazed down at these beauties and memories of the Grandaddy came flooding back. All golf clubs have a story, these ones happen to have the greatest golf story I've ever told. Its about the people and the places, more than the equipment, but damn if the equipment doesn't bring a tear to the eye.

Jman & Neb, you have quite a story to prepare for. Enjoy the journey; the build up is intense, the moments are profound and the afterglow will stick with you forever.

A first class experience certainly awaits some lucky THPers. Hopefully this is the year we put a stop to the Zoo Crew.

I know what the pressure of competition feels like, and I am working hard to be ready to bring the title back to THP!

I'm with ya Tim! That was such an awesome Morgan Cup and I learned SO much about myself and competition.

I'm a vastly better golfer than I was back then, so if I get the chance, I'm excited to see just how far I can take it.

How to Win?

Chapter 1 titled "Coat Tails"?

Seems appropriate Finley. You will see extreme when we redeem that belt!

All this talk of books you guys are reading. Here is how I am spending my time. http://www.carymullen.com/images/HowToWin_cover.jpg

I have a feeling you will reading this one soon!

eating-crow-loving-it-recipes-for-judgmentally-challenged-michael-mceachern-paperback-cover-art.jpg

Finley is incredibly strategic, knowing full well it's going to be that much difficult to find and quote all his trash talk from 7 months earlier when #redemption is achieved.

Let him read, we all know reading and doing are 2 different things

I read books in College about chemistry, and yet I'm not a chemist..

#GoodLuckFinley
#TeamRedemption

Canadan #BreakingBad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finley might be talking a good game, but he has to back that up when the belt is on the line

I don't mind taking him on if the need arises

The good news is that Finely is one guy. There are 9 others on ZOOCREW and 10 on #teamredemption has 10. It's going to take each member to win the Belt. This is the team and this is the year.

Finley should probably check in with Wardy on team chemistry. He did a pretty good job developing a championship team.

Sorry guys, didn't know having confidence in my game for having played quite well in two past events was frowned upon, but message received loud and clear.

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

Just play your game, Sir. The ZooCrew won't be able to keep up. If the rest of Team THP puts the same dedication into their game as you have, THP will win in a landslide.

The good news is that Finely is one guy. There are 9 others on ZOOCREW and 10 on #teamredemption has 10. It's going to take each member to win the Belt. This is the team and this is the year.

I heart Panda.

I'm in a van for 2 hours with Tyler, Jeremy, and CJ. Just soaking in the stories and photos. Best car ride ever.

Thought about this one a LOT today. Cannot wait to see who joins Neb and I on a badass journey!

There is a lot of build up for this event and it's still a little over 6 months away. With the Gauntlet looming and the remaining 8 'play-in' spots will keep the momentum going.

Keep it up Jman. Your weekly interjections provide inspiration to the THPers and stir up the ZooCrew enough to keep the competition friendly.

It's going to be a fun 6 months on the boards, let alone being selected to partake in the event.

This event has consumed my thoughts since the King ended. I've been trying to figure out exactly what it means to me, and what I'm most excited about.

Yeah, there's going to be some awesome gear that will be custom fit to me by some of the best in the business. I've only visited the Callaway site about 6,000 times in the past 2 weeks. I've thought of what my bag setup will be like, but ultimately I don't want to over think it because I'm going with whatever the fitter says without any second guessing.

There's going to be the Zoo crew. Having spent some time with them at The King, I'm dying for more time with some amazing people. Getting to talk with the ones I've met, and meeting new members will be a ton of fun. For those of you who haven't gotten to meet them yet, they truly live up to the hype. If you're on the fence about the gauntlet, I suggest you go for it even if for no other reason than you'll get to meet some of them.

There's an amazing golf course. It hasn't been announced where we will be playing yet, but for an event like this you know it's going to be amazing. If it's back at the Hideaway, I know from past events that I'm in for a treat, and if it's somewhere else, I know I'm in for a treat.

It's another reason to keep working on my game. I started working on my game when I was selected for the Morgan cup in December of 2013; I was a 17.3 handicap at the time. After the Morgan Cup, I had a bit of a hangover where I didn't want to play golf, but decided that I'd worked too hard to let it all go to waste, and started working again. I've continued working since then and am now down to a 12.9 handicap. The work is far from over, and a huge event like this takes the motivation to improve to a whole other level.

There will be 9 other THP members joining me in California. Team events like this have a way of forming incredible bonds, and I'm excited to see who gets to join James and me on team #Redemption. Regardless of who gets this once-in-a-lifetime chance, I look forward to meeting new THPers or strengthening the bond with THPers I may already know.

Looking at all of this, it all excites me, and also makes me realize how truly lucky I am to be in this event. This incredible privilege is not something I take lightly. James has talked about inclusion, and that is something that he and I agree on. Over the next several months, you're going to see the work I'm putting in, the on-course results, the gear I'm pondering, and the mental and physical preparation, because it's all going to be on the forums. There will be ups, there will be downs, but it will all be out there for you all to see. The support from this community for this event and for those of us who are lucky enough to participate in it is nothing short of incredible, and I know we will do everything we can to make this one hell of an event for all of us.

It's the effing Granddaddy of them all!

Back