US Team Selections - 2014 Ryder Cup

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the final 3 selected for the 2014 US Team Ryder Cup.

Keegan Bradley
Hunter Mahan
Webb Simpson

Not too surprised with any of these, but I would have maybe liked to see Chris Kirk on this list over Webb

Gonna get smoked.

Edit. I agree with th Chris Kirk should be on this team.

The Simpson pick is the one that I didn't see coming initially. I thought there were some other guys who have done more lately that would have been higher than him. However he has the last RC experience and there is a pairing that works well with him and Bubba.

earned, though i agree, i think i would have had Webb #4, and put Kirk infront of him.

Would have preferred Chris Kirk over Hunter Mahan.

Interesting with the Simpson pick.

Gonna get smoked.

Edit. I agree with th Chris Kirk should be on this team.

We get smoked, I'm going to have a deep dish pizza from Chi-town FedEx to you.

Friggin' Mahan.

In the words of our famous brother Glum, we're doomed!

Had a feeling that Webb was gonna make this team

Did Watson go for the bomb and gouge? Admittedly, I am not entirely familiar with Kirks distance and such, but I was shocked to not see him picked.

JM

I don't like the Simpson pick. The guy just doesn't seem to have the it factor you need in this type of event. He is a Jim Furyk meltdown away from being an also ran.

Over by the 6th match on Sunday...

Not much of a fan of hunter but I'm hoping we don't see 2010 hunter but I think we've got a shot

Not too surprised with any of these, but I would have maybe liked to see Chris Kirk on this list over Webb

Everyone who thinks Kirk should be on the team, although he has been playing well, do you think his comments about wanting to earn a spot not be given a spot had a large impact on that? I applaud him for wanting to earn his way on the team and not just get picked

Interesting picks for sure. I like Keegan but the other two are quite questionable. Couple of other guys playing much better and I would think could help USA much better.

Not surprised by Keegan but Mahan and Simpson....I was thinking more like Brendan Todd and Chris Kirk. Don't think it really matters, IMO U.S. is going to lose...unless you look at recent history where when Euro won The Open and PGA as well as Tiger not being on the team the U.S won....2008

Looks lopsided on paper, but that is why they play the matches. Will be interesting to see how he pairs guys up.

Here are the final 3 selected for the 2014 US Team Ryder Cup.

Keegan Bradley
Hunter Mahan
Webb Simpson
BOOOOORING!! Watson goes for "safe" picks and guys who are playing so-so. If Mahan hadn't won last week he'd be off the list for sure. The only thing Keegan can offer right now is some intensity, cause his game pretty much sucks. And finally Webb is boring AND mediocre these days.

Should've picked at least either Todd or Kirk to bring some life and recent good play into the team. If he hadn't flamed out on 18 yesterday, I'm thinking Horschel makes the team - that's the kind of fire and desire you want. So ... yeah U.S. will get destroyed

I like being right.

Also, I think there're some pretty good picks. Mahan's an intense guy, though he doesn't always show it. I think he'll make good on his shot at redemption.

Bradley is a good match play player who is an outstanding teammate for someone who doesn't bomb it so much off the tee. I can see him and Zach Johnson meshing together really well.

As for Webb Simpson...I think he's good chemistry player...a locker room guy, if you will. You can put him with someone who might get a bit too wrapped around the axle and help them bounce back. I can see Webb and Pat Reed making a good team, personality wise.

Kirk is saying the right things:

Back