That's a good looking wedge. Nice work!

Playdough...that is a stylish close combat weapon!

Very slick! Looks stealthy

I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread. I had been thinking about re-filling my clubs for a week or so now, but couldn't determine if it was a good idea or not.

I currently have a set of Rocketballz irons. 4-AW. I love the club. What I don't love, is the bright green trim, both on the grips, and on the clubheads. The grips, I can deal with, as they typically aren't seen as often. But having the bright green trim bouncing around in my bag (which is black) next to my Callaway driver head cover (which is orange trimmed), and my Yes! putter head cover (which is black and white) sitting on my push cart (which is black and a deep red) isn't ideal.

How difficult would it be to make that green into white or black or red or just something else? Would I need to somehow strip the green before painting over it? The whole insert in the back appears to be made of plastic, so I'd be worried about stripping the other colors from it as well.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

pSPCK1-16926038dt.jpg

I think I will be tackling this adventure this weekend--- going with purple of course

You all using Citristrip on your golf clubs? I remember people talking about a product, but forgot what it is.

You all using Citristrip on your golf clubs? I remember people talking about a product, but forgot what it is.
I had some googone in the garage from awhile back and it works well. Also has an orange scent haha. Think its probably close to the exact same ingredients as the Citristrip

I use just generic paint stripper from Home Depot. Works fine, but smells a bit strong. I use it in a ventilated area.

found any color of nail polish works great for numbers, letters and score lines although when my score lines dull I usually just sharpen the grooves and leave it raw. I have black Forgans with white score lines so I like to maintain the look as best as possible. The finish is amazing on this set....no chipping or scuffing soo far after a week of steady play

I'm so happy I stumbled upon this thread. I had been thinking about re-filling my clubs for a week or so now, but couldn't determine if it was a good idea or not. I currently have a set of Rocketballz irons. 4-AW. I love the club. What I don't love, is the bright green trim, both on the grips, and on the clubheads. The grips, I can deal with, as they typically aren't seen as often. But having the bright green trim bouncing around in my bag (which is black) next to my Callaway driver head cover (which is orange trimmed), and my Yes! putter head cover (which is black and white) sitting on my push cart (which is black and a deep red) isn't ideal. How difficult would it be to make that green into white or black or red or just something else? Would I need to somehow strip the green before painting over it? The whole insert in the back appears to be made of plastic, so I'd be worried about stripping the other colors from it as well. Thanks in advance for any advice!
pSPCK1-16926038dt.jpg

Remove the green paintfill with Acetone. Apply it with a Q-Tip and wipe it off. You may have to repeat that a few times. Then fill the groove that contained the green paint with whatever color you want. You can use model paint, nail polish, or translucent Tamiya paint like Scotty Cameron uses. Apply the paint with a toothpick or syringe so you don't leave brush marks and your new paintfill will look like it came from the factory.

Last edited:
What an awesome thread. Definitely looking into customizing the Vokeys. Thanks all for the detailed info!

I use paintfill bottles with a needle tip. They do a great job. A little tip someone gave me is to put a small drop of alcohol where you are filling...it spreads the paint evenly and then evaporates. Works great!

I use paintfill bottles with a needle tip. They do a great job. A little tip someone gave me is to put a small drop of alcohol where you are filling...it spreads the paint evenly and then evaporates. Works great!

going to try this as Im playing with filling old clubs to play with colors and blends

Went with a simple blacked out with red star paintfill on my VEGA VC-01 RAW irons. The Sharpie oil based paint pens really work great, and simple.
10565193_10153009649958448_7065139178690009097_n.jpg
10360451_10153009649893448_4203002114262067554_n.jpg

Also, recently built my wife her first set, she had to have ALL pink. Pink paintfill for her!
10547407_10153009658903448_8270126162248434358_n.jpg
10526022_10153009659063448_4268187121583571037_n.jpg
10500368_10153009658863448_65305290920982743_n.jpg
10559716_10153009659008448_229264300115323017_n.jpg
10347412_10153009658883448_4200001475863730209_n.jpg
Love it! Anything to keep her interested and enjoying the game even more! Well done

Love it! Anything to keep her interested and enjoying the game even more! Well done

She's been a "golf pro widow" for 7 years married to me. No interest in my golf game (played competitively) or playing herself, and I finally had her hit on the range this year and taught her some fundamentals, and boom, she is hooked. Even swinging with my D5 S+ wedge, she learned to hit some great shots! She calls it the "Perfect wedge" for P. Loves TopGolf (genius for golf), and now with proper fit "HOT ASS PINK" clubs from her hubs, she wants to hit balls at least a couple times a week now. Hope to get her a 9 holes round in before the year's out!

Before.

syny8ame.jpg

After. Pumped how they came out.

2enybume.jpg

yga5u5a2.jpg

Some pink love up in here!

Looking good fellas.

What do you use to scrape off the excess paint after it has dried or do you wipe off when its still wet?

Before.

syny8ame.jpg

After. Pumped how they came out.

2enybume.jpg

yga5u5a2.jpg
This brings back memories of sitting in villa 1-A listening to Dan roast your pink ferrels and grips! Looks great Jimmy.

Thinking about redoing the paint fill. Getting bored with the current colors.

I bought Testors and did the paintill in my Callaways. The numbers on the sole are wearing off after just one trip to the range. Is this normal?

I bought Testors and did the paintill in my Callaways. The numbers on the sole are wearing off after just one trip to the range. Is this normal?

I wonder if it is to do with the finish on them, like if it doesn't adhere properly.

Never had an issue with Testors wearing off honestly, but I haven't had custom finish on any of mine that I have done.

Back