If You Could Create A Shaft

It'd have to be the one a fitter told me worked best.

And then I'd have them make it in orange.

Mid bend point and 60-65g seems to work well for me.

I would love a lighter weight shaft with a low torque number. Lower spin while maintaining decently high launch. Simple graphics so I dont have to worry about them if I want to adjust the club head. The Speeder 661x comes close with a 3.0 torque, but I've learned that I prefer something sub 3.0 in my driver (which is why I love the 757x).

I would love a shaft with the old MFS Matrix feel, but in 80-85 gram weight. I have an HT and MT version and absolutely love both of them. Just wish they were heavier.

I would probably want something around 70/75 grams, mid/mid low launch, red white and blue color scheme

I would love a lighter weight shaft with a low torque number. Lower spin while maintaining decently high launch. Simple graphics so I dont have to worry about them if I want to adjust the club head. The Speeder 661x comes close with a 3.0 torque, but I've learned that I prefer something sub 3.0 in my driver (which is why I love the 757x).

May take a look at the ProLaunch Blue 65. It is 64g, high launch, 2.8 torque. I want to say it is a high launch version of the original blue.

approx. 60 grams
Mid Launch
Low torque 4.0 degrees or less
Awesome graphics
Available in many tweener flexes not just Reg, Stiff, X-Stiff - Settings between the flexes like Reg, Firm, Stiff, X-Stiff, Rebar!!!

I have no idea, would need to see what is recommended for me then go from there.

Apparently the Tour AD BB at least in the Callaway Alpha 815 head. Amazing what getting fit by one of the best in the business can do.

High launch, mid spin, 50g.

One that would maximize the limited amount of talent I have in generating additional club head speed.

Seriously though? Shafts have always been a mystery to me. Its almost like electricity. I know it makes the lights come on, but beyond that I start to get a little fuzzy.

JM

I would love to know the answer and find out what the perfect shaft for my swing is, but I really don't have any idea.

I really like the Black Tie shaft that I have in my 815 so I guess the shaft I make would be like that. It would however be all black with purple, orange, and neon green skulls and flames as the graphic. The shaft would have Lynchburg down the center and also would have the words "Swing it like you mean it" on it.

1. High grade carbon (full length): 70t - 90t but sub 60 g
2. Counterbalanced
3. Tip/Mid ratio: 0.44-0.48 and Mid/Butt ratio: 0.68-0.74

Great thread.

- Mid 60 gram weight
- Mid-Low Spin
- Black or Matte black colored shaft with red, white and blue fonts and graphics

No idea. Ideally it would be based on how well I can hit it and tailor it to maximize distance. As starters, medium launch low spin.

Sub 70 grams for a driver. Very limited spin production with something in the realm of a mid launch characteristic, all without compromising the feeling of shaft 'load' (so not feeling ultra boardy, essentially).

Similar in design, I'd like a sub 80 gram wood shaft, sub 90 gram hybrid shaft, and iron shafts that are in the realm of 110-115 grams.

I pretty much 2nd this. Low spin 65ish gram, mid+ launch and move up the chain from there.

Pink and sprinkled with Bubba's tears.

I have no idea where to start, I generally hit a few different ones and decide between feel and results. Some of the answers are interesting.

On paper the B.Asha 5X is exactly what I would design including the graphics I would love to pick one up sometime to see if it translates to real world results.

Its pretty cool that some THPers are going to get to do this very thing soon.

I created a sword shaped shaft years ago that would be super aerodynamic and boost swing speed by 35MPH... just when I was ready to apply for a patent I saw the Hammer X infomercial and realized Hamm had beat me to it....BOOOOOOM!!!! BAAAAHHH!!!!!!! POWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!! Damn that guy

55gram shaft
very low spin
low to mid launch
low torque.
Stiff tip
Semi-Firm Butt (but not Boardy)
Something you can really get after it with but still loads well.
Dark Matte Gray with some sort of blue graphics.

Oh, and Winn Dri-Tac grip!

Back