2015 Farmers Insurance Open Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
Just a reminder that this tournament uses 2 courses for the first 2 days, Torrey Pines North and Torrey Pines South, before going entirely to the South course for the weekend. The North course is significantly easier than the South course.

Tee times are released, here are some of the marquee groups for the first 2 rounds:
Justin Rose/Jason Day/Dustin Johnson
Bill Haas/Jimmy Walker/Phil Mickelson
Billy Horschel/Rickie Fowler/Tiger Woods
Brooks Koepka/Hideki Matsuyama/Jordan Spieth

What are you most interested in for this tournament? DJ's return to the game? Tiger with more horrible short game shots? Getting jealous of people that live in San Diego this time of year? I'm going to vote for all of the above.

Curious to see how DJ does and if Koepka stays hot after his 1st win.

This is one of my favorites. The backdrops on these holes close to the coast are amazing.

The players i'm interested in/watching are DJ, Spieth, Fowler and Tiger.

I'll be there Sunday. Hope to see DJ finish in the top 5.

One of my favorite tournaments. I'll be watching Phil, DJ and of course TW. Really pulling for Phil this week

I hope DJ just annihilates the field.

DJ playing Aeroburner.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Really Hoping DJ does well. He's been practically living at Sherwood CC in my hometown and I hear has been doing really well as both golfer, but more importantly, as a human being.

Brooks Koepka/Hideki Matsuyama/Jordan Spieth now these three sure have my attention in this event. It could be a very good combination for some fantastic golf.

Brooks Koepka/Hideki Matsuyama/Jordan Spieth now these three sure have my attention in this event. It could be a very good combination for some fantastic golf.

I'm a big Tiger fan, but that group is the group teeing off right behind Tiger's group. I'd skip Tiger's group and watch these 3 young guns all day long.

I'm hoping Tiger, Rickie and Billy play well together, that's a good pairing. I love this tournament.

Gonna go out on a limb and say DJ is in the hunt when Sunday rolls around.

Also predicting Tiger misses the cut. I'm shocked I'm even writing this, but I just have a feeling...

I love watching golf on this course, such an amazing venue!

Delaet withdraws cause of the flu. After a slow start he had been playing well of late and has played well in this tournament before.

Delaet withdraws cause of the flu. After a slow start he had been playing well of late and has played well in this tournament before.

Really disappointed to hear this. Like you mentioned, he's been trending in the right direction. Hopefully he hops back into it over the next couple of weeks.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I got my money on Spieth taking this one. Looking forward to Tiger's shankapotomus but deep down inside I really want to see him tear it up.

This is a favorite of mine. Brings back memories of having played here a few years ago.

Really jealous right now. I have a friend who is on travel in the La Jolla area right now. I would love to be there to watch this tourney. I want to see Fowler get another win.....

Love this event. I'm looking for Watney or de Jonge to raise the trophy on Sunday. Whoever it is, the tourney almost always is a great watch on the w/e.

BroadcasterCoverageAirtimes
LIVE@
Featured Holes
Watch exclusive live streaming coverage from No. 13 and No. 16 during all four rounds!
Launch video player
• Thu: 12:30-7 p.m. ET
• Fri: 12:30-7 p.m. ET
• Sat: 11 a.m.-6 p.m. ET
• Sun: 12-6:30 p.m. ET
CBS Sports
Simulcast
Watch CBS Sports coverage online
Launch video player
• Sat: 3-6 p.m. ET
• Sun: 3-6:30 p.m. ET
GOLF Channel
Simulcast
Watch GOLF Channel coverage online
(*) You will be asked to login to your cable provider.
Launch video player
• Thu: 3-7 p.m. ET
• Fri: 3-7 p.m. ET
• Sat: 1-2:30 p.m. ET
• Sun: 1-2:30 p.m. ET

I'll be there Sunday. Hope to see DJ finish in the top 5.

That is very cool Chuck, enjoy. Wear something that we can spot on TV.

Looking forward to following this event. Lots of big names in the field and lots of storylines. I'd like to see Rickie make a real charge to add a little (actual) fuel to the Rickie/Rory rivalry. Feels pretty one sided right now...

As far as El Tigre is concerned, I just hope he doesnt embarrass himself or hurt anyone in the gallery.

Anxious to see how DJ does in his return. A lot of good pairings in there.

I hope TW chips in 8 times and wins the tourney by 15.

Back