Recap Thread - 2013 Morgan Cup - The Ultimate Amateur Golf Event

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've spent a couple hours this evening going back through this and other 2013 Morgan Cup threads...thanks again to all the 2013 participants for doing such a fantastic job which lead to the journey that the 40 2014 participants now find themselves. We wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for you all.

I've spent a couple hours this evening going back through this and other 2013 Morgan Cup threads...thanks again to all the 2013 participants for doing such a fantastic job which lead to the journey that the 40 2014 participants now find themselves. We wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for you all.

Captain doing some homework. I like it! There is much to be seen and learned from the events of 2013. The keys to success can be found throughout these teams and players!

Just went through this thread. So much awesome info and recaps. Thanks for the bump!

Thanks Donne! I have periodically watched the recaps too over the last few months. Can't wait to do it again!

with the 2014 version upon us, it always brings back great memories from years' prior...
it stinks that i couldn't be there this year in some way or form, so i have to relive it thru the good times that happened while i was there.
some memorable highlights from 2013 include:

1. singles round w/ Big Time Nate. that was so fun. let's do it again sometime man. love you big guy.
2. Freddie's 2nd shot on TB #10 on Sunday. What. A. Shot. i don't want to "big fish" it, but i think it was like a 230yd 4wood to a foot for eagle.
3. Shandy
4. just finishing up in time to witness Canadan/WCBM vs. Buck/TBT going down to the wire at TB #18. TBT finds the green from a long ways away via a hybrid after a tough break off the tee. Dan seeks a tucked left pin but finds the drink, after which WCBM proceeds to stick it to around 10 or less and Dan sinks the birdie putt to seal the deal. all with the crowd watching off the balcony. awesome sauce.
5. the final holes and shots during the P4B/Ary vs. one-t/Chunky at Caledonia match. getting to witness that was amazing. Chunky matching Amol's tee shot on 17 and then both partners missing the birdie....all to be decided on the gruesome 18th. if the last few holes were that good, i can only imagine what the entire match was like.
6. an amazing ovation for ddec as he walked up the 18th. was like a Sunday evening PGA event. totally unscripted, totally deserved.
7. my good buddy dcbrad, winning the cup, and taking in the entire experience

Last edited:
Love the memories Tyno! I can't wait to see what this years version has in store for us.

with the 2014 version upon us, it always brings back great memories from years' prior...
it stinks that i couldn't be there this year in some way or form, so i have to relive it thru the good times that happened while i was there.

1. singles round w/ Big Time Nate. that was so fun. let's do it again sometime man. love you big guy.
2. Freddie's 2nd shot on TB #10 on Sunday. What. A. Shot. i don't want to "big fish" it, but i think it was like a 230yd 4wood to a foot for eagle.
3. Shandy
4. just finishing up in time to witness Canadan/WCBM vs. Buck/TBT going down to the wire at TB #18. TBT finds the green from a long ways away via a hybrid after a tough break off the tee. WCBM seeks a tucked left pin but finds the drink, after which Dan proceeds to stick it to around 10 or less and find the birdie putt to seal the deal. all with the crowd watching off the balcony. awesome sauce.
5. the final holes and shots during the P4B/Ary vs. one-t/Chunky at Caledonia match. getting to witness that was amazing. Chunky matching Amol's tee shot on 17 and then both partners missing the birdie....all to be decided on the gruesome 18th. if the last few holes were that good, i can only imagine what the entire match was like.
6. an amazing ovation for ddec as he walked up the 18th. was like a Sunday evening PGA event. totally unscripted, totally deserved.
7. my good buddy dcbrad, winning the cup, and taking in the entire experience

No drink for me boss haha

I still love reliving all the amazing memories from this journey, it now serves as my goal to get my game and swing back to it's form at this event, oh the memories!

You had my number that day. I still wake up in a cold sweat sometimes thinking of those up and downs you made on the back 9 that Sunday afternoon. Amazing would not be doing them justice. I was happy getting you to 18 after watching those things of beauty.

I still love reliving all the amazing memories from this journey, it now serves as my goal to get my game and swing back to it's form at this event, oh the memories!

Me too dude, I played the best golf of my life. My golfing frequency has been down since then but I'm hoping to kick it back in to gear soon.

I love the fact that this thread got revived today.

You had my number that day. I still wake up in a cold sweat sometimes thinking of those up and downs you made on the back 9 that Sunday afternoon. Amazing would not be doing them justice. I was happy getting you to 18 after watching those things of beauty.

what a guy!

win, lose, or draw...it seems we were both making sure that the match went to 18.

that place definitely brings out the best in peoples' games.

What an amazing week! Love the 16 month bump!

Tyno was on point that day but you battled back. I think a couple of legacies were forged that day.

Me too dude, I played the best golf of my life. My golfing frequency has been down since then but I'm hoping to kick it back in to gear soon.

Looking back on it, this is how I feel as well. The way I played on Sunday was the best I've ever played, I think I had only one really errant shot the entire day. I wish my game could get back to that level.

Looking back on it, this is how I feel as well. The way I played on Sunday was the best I've ever played, I think I had only one really errant shot the entire day. I wish my game could get back to that level.

dude, i've never even sniffed how well i played down there.
ok, maybe once...but i was drunk.

How about the fact that each time we play together this and the MC in general comes up as a talking point. I love that. I'm sure the same will continue for a long long time.

Staring at this beauty today got me thinking about the awesome journey! Thanks again Buck!!!

I know that I played the best golf of my life that week....I hit shots in the morning match with Buck, WCBM and Canadan that I had never hit before (Thanks to my very own Dr. Bob Rotella....Buck!) I had some errant shots in the afternoon match but still played well with Nate and I battling back on Freddie and JT and then on Sunday I played out of my mind giving Thainer a run for his money and taking it all the way to 17. I can only hope to get my game back to where it resembles where I was at that time.

Staring at this beauty today got me thinking about the awesome journey! Thanks again Buck!!!

I carry mine and use it every round and it always makes me smile.

I know that I played the best golf of my life that week....I hit shots in the morning match with Buck, WCBM and Canadan that I had never hit before (Thanks to my very own Dr. Bob Rotella....Buck!) I had some errant shots in the afternoon match but still played well with Nate and I battling back on Freddie and JT and then on Sunday I played out of my mind giving Thainer a run for his money and taking it all the way to 17. I can only hope to get my game back to where it resembles where I was at that time.

I carry mine and use it every round and it always makes me smile.

was a great week and journey with that team.

I have watched the Morgan cup many times on Youtube, seems like one heck of a time. Great course to play, wonderful weather and new friendships to last a lifetime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back