Srixon Z 745 Irons Preview

Any updates??? MBBG, how is that U45? I have the 745's and am just smoking my 4 iron. These are very easy to hit. It is funny reading through this thread how you see people glowing about the 745's and now they play the 545's.

The 4 iron was my favorite club, they are nice clubs.

Any updates??? MBBG, how is that U45? I have the 745's and am just smoking my 4 iron. These are very easy to hit. It is funny reading through this thread how you see people glowing about the 745's and now they play the 545's.
I am guilty of this. I love Nates 745s and there are days I still ponder a combo set at least, but I didnt feel I was giving anything up going with the 545s. My golf time may go down a touch when my first kid shows up so I figured I would take the forgiveness.

The thing is the turf interaction is so good on the whole line. It could also be for a number of different reasons. I have the 545's but am in the process of getting the 945's. Blade look same turf interaction. For me it was a gaping issue and loft issue that sent me away from the 545's. Plus I love blades haha. I'm sure everyone has their own reason for leaving the 745's or coming to them. I tried to get a combo set 745-945 but couldn't get it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

745's to 545's to 945's. If you really stop to think about this, it really is a testament on just how good the Srixons are. If Srixon made these interchangeable, a 3,4,5 (545) - 6,7,(745) - 8,9,pw (945) would be the ultimate set. Or any combination of this. Plus, don't forget about the AW and SW.

I mean interchangeable without having to bend to correctly get the spacing

745's to 545's to 945's. If you really stop to think about this, it really is a testament on just how good the Srixons are. If Srixon made these interchangeable, a 3,4,5 (545) - 6,7,(745) - 8,9,pw (945) would be the ultimate set. Or any combination of this. Plus, don't forget about the AW and SW.

I mean interchangeable without having to bend to correctly get the spacing
I agree wholeheartedly. That was the only thing I missed from last years clevelands. All the lofts were the same across the board making combo sets simple.

I agree wholeheartedly. That was the only thing I missed from last years clevelands. All the lofts were the same across the board making combo sets simple.

I soooo wish they went this route again

The thing is the turf interaction is so good on the whole line. It could also be for a number of different reasons. I have the 545's but am in the process of getting the 945's. Blade look same turf interaction. For me it was a gaping issue and loft issue that sent me away from the 545's. Plus I love blades haha. I'm sure everyone has their own reason for leaving the 745's or coming to them. I tried to get a combo set 745-945 but couldn't get it done.

What about the 545's were causing your gapping issue?

What about the 545's were causing your gapping issue?

Too strong. About 3 degrees on the PW end. Didn't like the lofts.

Too strong. About 3 degrees on the PW end. Didn't like the lofts.

Haha. 1. Order a single pw. Order it 4 degrees weak, .25 inch short. Paint fill it different color. 2. Order aw from Rakuten. 3. Just be awesome with z945s with telephone poles in them :)

Haha. 1. Order a single pw. Order it 4 degrees weak, .25 inch short. Paint fill it different color. 2. Order aw from Rakuten. 3. Just be awesome with z945s with telephone poles in them :)

Haha will do. Still loving the 745's?

Just got an email from Fairway Jockey saying my new 745 irons with custom shafts would be in today to be checked and gripped. I almost puked.

I am in the Dominican Republic with bad phone service. So I could not call him, turns out he confused me with another Customer.

My 545's will be in to him on Monday maybe, then out to me Monday afternoon or Tuesday. Not that I would hate having another set of 745's with the Aerotech shafts...but not what I had planned. I would rather go the way of WCBM and have a set of the sweet and sexy 945's to fight with than the 745 again.

Just got an email from Fairway Jockey saying my new 745 irons with custom shafts would be in today to be checked and gripped. I almost puked.

I am in the Dominican Republic with bad phone service. So I could not call him, turns out he confused me with another Customer.

My 545's will be in to him on Monday maybe, then out to me Monday afternoon or Tuesday. Not that I would hate having another set of 745's with the Aerotech shafts...but not what I had planned. I would rather go the way of WCBM and have a set of the sweet and sexy 945's to fight with than the 745 again.

Glad it got worked out man. Scary moment haha

Since they're hard to come by, if anyone needs a 745 gap wedge I've got one I ordered from Japan that I'm letting go. It's got an S200 DG in it. Shoot me a PM if interested.

What's the loft on it again?

Lets keep sales to the appropriate place please. Thank you.

Since they're hard to come by, if anyone needs a 745 gap wedge I've got one I ordered from Japan that I'm letting go. It's got an S200 DG in it. Shoot me a PM if interested.

MBBG,

What didnt't you like about the 745 gap wedge? I saw in another post that you like to have the PW and GW match your set and I feel the same way, and since I am about to buy a set of Z545s including the PW and GW, I am curious.

Last edited:
That is pretty cool but I'm happy with my complete set of 745's!

I am still wrapping my head around if I want the 745 or 545's , leaning more on the 745's. Eyeing the bay quite frequently to scout out my deals.

I am still wrapping my head around if I want the 745 or 545's , leaning more on the 745's. Eyeing the bay quite frequently to scout out my deals.

Probably depends on what irons you will be coming off of? If you've playing a GI iron then the 745's might seem a little slim or small to you. If you are playing something with a small to medium cavity then then you will probably feel fine. Have you hit them yet anywhere?

Probably depends on what irons you will be coming off of? If you've playing a GI iron then the 745's might seem a little slim or small to you. If you are playing something with a small to medium cavity then then you will probably feel fine. Have you hit them yet anywhere?
Coming from the Apex pro's, I hit the 745's in the store well, heading out to hit the 545's now. I think I am leaning towards the 745's but not quite game set match yet.

Coming from the Apex pro's, I hit the 745's in the store well, heading out to hit the 545's now. I think I am leaning towards the 745's but not quite game set match yet.

How is it going for you?

I'm also pondering these two and leaning towards the 745, but thinking that the 545 would be the wiser choice.

Just picked up a set of 745's yeah buddy!

How is it going for you?

I'm also pondering these two and leaning towards the 745, but thinking that the 545 would be the wiser choice.

I hit them both , better results with the 745's distance and direction wise. Both are very solid, the 745 is a bit more forgiving but very similar for my swing and game. I will post more comments next week after the maiden voyage

Nice pickup...enjoy those beauties

Back