The best shot of the round

The best shot of the round

95 yards to the green for my third onto a Par 5. Sitting under a tree left of the fairway.) Second shot obviously wasn't good...)

Sitting on hard pan/packed mud, tree branches above so I had to play a knock down. I punched an 8i that hit the front of the green and released to the pin in the back. Ball came to rest 18" from the cup.

Easy game.

95 yards to the green for my third onto a Par 5. (Second shot obviously wasn't good...)

Sitting on hard pan/packed mud, tree branches above so I had to play a knock down. I punched an 8i that hit the front of the green and released to the pin in the back. Ball came to rest 18" from the cup.

Easy game.

Heh. I'm just glad when I'm still not 130+ out.

Heh. I'm just glad when I'm still not 130+ out.

Made the edit before your post. Forgot to mention the tree I was sitting under in the OP.

Had 250 downhill. Went for it in two, ended up left and 95 yards away. Definitely not the shot of the round.

Par 3 playing about 165... have to carry the water.

Hit a beautiful 7 iron and hit it to about 7 feet. Made the putt for a birdie!

For me yesterday, there were several shots that I would say were "shots of the round" since they were all the same. The greens were aerated and coated with wet sand which meant the ball would collect a belt of sand when rolling. After a three-putt on #2, I decided to just hammer every putt and not give it a chance to wobble or fall off the belt of sand. So my best shots yesterday were five putts in the 4-8 foot range that hit the back of the cup while traveling about mach 1 and fell in the hole. One or two others lipped out but the 4 foot come-backs went in. This was a big change for me since I'm usually a die it at the hole putter.

Par 3, 164 yards on Saturday. Hit a 7i to about 10'. Missed the birdie, but tap in pars don't suck.

How is this for a "shot" of the round? Imbedded ball in a bunker lip. The ball did not move until the third attempt, then only into the sand divot about 4 inches down.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1427229959.852724.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had a Wardy in the trap, right up on the lip, trap is 3 feet off the front of the green, pin was at 13 feet. Closed the face, closed my eyes, swing full. Ball to 3 feet.

Finally hit a decent shot, been a while. 167 par 3, six iron three feet left of the pin, birdie, even on a sandy punched green.

On the par 5 #1 I was 84 yards from the flag for my third shot. Hit a somewhat knocked down 54° and it looked pretty good from the fairway. Got up to it and was about 18" from the cup. Tap in bird to start the round.

I hit some very nice drives today. Averaged about 255metres off the tee.

All these as second shots on the 9th hole of my course. 210, 155, and 150 yards. Made every single one of them for eagle. Blamo!

91e195308a0946f4379a723e71e38188.jpg

Had a practice round today, lots of bogeys lol. (Wasnt aggressive enough from 130 and in) This was my best hole of the round though, par 5 for par.

I should have scored a birdie on this one but the dreaded two and three putt were following me around the course today

385e37aedeb60698fd0b42fe80562420.jpg

235 yd 3 hybrid, downwind, to 20 ft. Putting for eagle.
Walk away with par. :banghead:

Didn't score particularly well today, but it was a good ball-striking round. I made par on my nemesis hole, the No. 1 handicap par 5 with driver + 4 wood + 4 wood to 10 feet and two putts for par. That's a good score for me on that hole....

178 yard par 3. Hit a XR Pro 7-iron to 12". Tappy tap in fo the birdie.

178 yard par 3. Hit a XR Pro 7-iron to 12". Tappy tap in fo the birdie.
If I could hit a 7 iron 180 yards I might be able to break par too... Nice shot!

Two shots stand out.
3h 225 yds, uphill, to about 25 ft. Two putt.
A 42 ft double breaker putt, goes in for my only birdie of the round.

5i from 185 to about 10"

Had 102 left to a pin sitting on the back tier of a postage stamp sized green. Into a stiff wind.

Stuffed a 54* to three feet and made the birdie.

First par 3 today at Cowboys put a 56 to about 4 feet. Don't ask about the putt

Back