Clinton and Rubio

Man do I disagree with this in a HUGE way, but its for another thread and I wont go there in this one.
As is your right. I believe that causing harm to another is very wrong, and as such, feel that its our responsibility to take the lead and work for real peace, not the kind at the end of a rifle.

I'm thinking that we'd almost be better off with a parliamentary government where the majority party retains control so at least something is done and we can say -- we don't like what they are doing and dump them, or we like them and will keep them.

Yeah, how did that work out for Egypt? The ballots were barely in before the Muslim Brotherhood drafted what was essentially sharia law into their brand new constitution.

That's what pure democracy does, it ensures tyranny by majority. That's what makes the filibuster so important. Our constitutional representative republic depends on those checks and balances from sprialing into an uncontrollable, oppressive machine. The corporations would be even more in control that they are now.

As is your right. I believe that causing harm to another is very wrong, and as such, feel that its our responsibility to take the lead and work for real peace, not the kind at the end of a rifle.

Yeah, how did that work out for Egypt? The ballots were barely in before the Muslim Brotherhood drafted what was essentially sharia law into their brand new constitution.

That's what pure democracy does, it ensures tyranny by majority. That's what makes the filibuster so important. Our constitutional representative republic depends on those checks and balances from sprialing into an uncontrollable, oppressive machine. The corporations would be even more in control that they are now.

Your point is well made. In a pure democracy, two wolves and a sheep can vote on what's for dinner.

Additionally, politics like most words can be defined by separating its terms. In this instance: poli or poly--several, more than a few sometimes many; tics--little blood sucking animals.

Oh jeez. On that note, I am going to remove myself from this thread. Politics have a unique way of spin by people that makes golf equipment spin look fun.

Spin, the truth, facts?

Depends on your point of view and whether one watches too much Fox or MSNBC.

I avoid televised media. As an attorney with a business and negotiation background, I like to stick to facts and look at the big picture. You don't have to agree, but I do try to look at everything in a factual manner within the context of circumstances.

These threads never end well, but as long as members do not take any of this personally, it can work. I remember in every poll I see that 33% disagree with the current regime on everything, the remaining 67% are not sure or agree, and no one likes Congress.

Heckuva system but it works when everyone buys in -- and right now, we have people excluding each other from everything -- that includes the WH and Congress. Negotiation and compromise only work when you include so everyone is at risk for success and failure.

Personally, I think it's too early to talk about 2016.

Last edited:
I started reading up on George Pataki and I'm getting a vibe his platform aligns with my interests.

Spin, the truth, facts?

Depends on your point of view and whether one watches too much Fox or MSNBC.

I avoid televised media. As an attorney with a business and negotiation background, I like to stick to facts and look at the big picture. You don't have to agree, but I do try to look at everything in a factual manner within the context of circumstances.

One fact that you may want to do more research on is austerity in Europe. Europe's austerity is a myth.

iDwzQf8rHO9s.jpg

One fact that you may want to do more research on is austerity in Europe. Europe's austerity is a myth.

iDwzQf8rHO9s.jpg

Great point -- but I would ask is austerity only defined as less spending than the previous year? Or less percentage increases in spending? Because W Europe has a rep as more of a welfare state in terms of pensions, etc., it seems that spending would increase but in smaller percentages. OTOH, our government spent like heck when business stopped spending in 2009 to float the economy when parts of Europe were rioting...

Looks like Huckabee is getting ready to throw his hat into the ring. For me, his social stances just won't work for this country, and he has stated in the past that he wants to increase military spending by at least 50%, which isn't realistic either. He claims he will fight for the working class, and supposedly is environmentally friendly ... but I haven't seen any concrete ideas from him on these fronts. Overall, another tepid Republican candidate IMO.

Looks like Huckabee is getting ready to throw his hat into the ring. For me, his social stances just won't work for this country, and he has stated in the past that he wants to increase military spending by at least 50%, which isn't realistic either. He claims he will fight for the working class, and supposedly is environmentally friendly ... but I haven't seen any concrete ideas from him on these fronts. Overall, another tepid Republican candidate IMO.

I agree, I like Huckabee on many of his ideas but I thin k he's too soft to get anything done, even though our military needs more money 50% is too much too soon and even though I like a lot of and respect his religious views there's no room for them in what needs to be done in the middle east and Russia. We need a no nonsense leader that's not afraid of making unpopular decisions, not decisions for the future vote.

I am hopping that The Donald gets the Win seeing that hair during press confrences would be a crack up

Increase military spending by 50%?! JEEBUS. Where is that money going to come from. And does he know the President doesn't make the budget?

Increase military spending by 50%?! JEEBUS. Where is that money going to come from. And does he know the President doesn't make the budget?

He knows that, but the people who would actually listen to anything he says probably wouldn't and would believe him. There's no way any reasonable human being would consider him a viable candidate for President of the United States. He's been a political opinion show host for years, so I guess people who would take his opinions as fact would probably buy it, but other than those people........ He doesn't have a chance.

He knows that, but the people who would actually listen to anything he says probably wouldn't and would believe him. There's no way any reasonable human being would consider him a viable candidate for President of the United States. He's been a political opinion show host for years, so I guess people who would take his opinions as fact would probably buy it, but other than those people........ He doesn't have a chance.
I like you.

Sometimes Huckabee says things and I'm like yeah right on then he just goes off the deep end and I'm like your done go back to TV hosting.

I like you.

Thank You.......

I have a serious disdain for politicians who use overblown rhetoric that seeks to use misinformation to act upon people's emotions over using rational thought. Politically uneducated Conservatives love the military and will support anyone who says they want to spend more on the military, just like uneducated liberals will support anyone who says they want to spend more on social programs. They don't care about the logistics or the facts. Look at Paul Ryan. He talked about reforming social security and medicare for people under 50 years old and all of a sudden there were political ads that showed him throwing grandma off a cliff. There was nothing truthful about anything in that ad, but people don't care, they bought into the TV commercial without even reading the proposal and seeing that it wouldn't affect anyone over 50 at all.

Not that I'm a Paul Ryan fan by any means, but the amount of "throw grandma off the cliff" rhetoric that I heard from people who had never read his proposal and only believed what a TV ad told them was disturbing. It's like all the people who get their news solely from Facebook. They're pretty much idiots as well.

Sometimes Huckabee says things and I'm like yeah right on then he just goes off the deep end and I'm like your done go back to TV hosting.

As a Libertarian, I'm the same way with Mike Church and Glenn Beck. Sometimes they say things that really get me thinking and they make a lot of sense and then in the next sentence sound like complete raving lunatics.

Thank You.......

I have a serious disdain for politicians who use overblown rhetoric that seeks to use misinformation to act upon people's emotions over using rational thought. Politically uneducated Conservatives love the military and will support anyone who says they want to spend more on the military, just like uneducated liberals will support anyone who says they want to spend more on social programs. They don't care about the logistics or the facts. Look at Paul Ryan. He talked about reforming social security and medicare for people under 50 years old and all of a sudden there were political ads that showed him throwing grandma off a cliff. There was nothing truthful about anything in that ad, but people don't care, they bought into the TV commercial without even reading the proposal and seeing that it wouldn't affect anyone over 50 at all.

Not that I'm a Paul Ryan fan by any means, but the amount of "throw grandma off the cliff" rhetoric that I heard from people who had never read his proposal and only believed what a TV ad told them was disturbing. It's like all the people who get their news solely from Facebook. They're pretty much idiots as well.

we would get along great...can i be your friend :D

the problem is a majority of the current voting public don't do any research and rely on these types of ads and rhetoric, emotional string tugging when they go to vote. an uneducated public is the governments best friend and the peoples worst enemy

The political class on both sides understands this and uses it to their advantage

Quote of the day:
"My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in Which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants Of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have Overlooked the bigger picture and we didn't do that and I'm proud of that. Very proud. I would say that's A major accomplishment."
- Hillary Clinton 11 March 2014
Could someone please tell me what the hell she just said?
And she is running for President?

That's the long answer for "nothing"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha that was beautiful!

She is amazing...

She should pick Sharpton as her vice president

Quote of the day:
"My accomplishments as Secretary of State? Well, I'm glad you asked! My proudest accomplishment in Which I take the most pride, mostly because of the opposition it faced early on, you know… the remnants Of prior situations and mindsets that were too narrowly focused in a manner whereby they may have Overlooked the bigger picture and we didn't do that and I'm proud of that. Very proud. I would say that's A major accomplishment."

my 3 year old niece makes more sense. Funny thing is people actually buy into what she says but when asked what her accomplishments are have similar reactions.

Quote of the day:

That's how politicians answer things. You just tuning in? We expect more transparency and results from football coaches than politicians, in this country. As long as they tell us what we want to hear, based on out personal opinions (usually formed from idiots on TV and radio) we like them.

rant over

Hiliary as leader of the free world, how can she be trusted to know what ISIS is up to when she can't keep track of her own husband. The woman is a disgrace but the stupidity that reigns supreme in this once great land will find her in the Oral Office.

Last edited:
Mark Cuban on Donald Trump: " I don't care what his actual positions are. I don't care if he says the wrong thing. He says what's on his mind. He gives honest answers rather than prepared answers. This is more important than anything any candidate has done in years.".

Back