The Car Shopping Thread

I've been looking for pre-owned Buick Regal GS with a manual. They are so hard to find... Or they are far away, have a bunch of miles, in a color I don't want, Or they are listed wrong. Seems be a fair amount of people that think an automatic with a tap shift is a manual. Its not. A manual has three pedals....not two.

If you're going to buy a Jeep make sure it has the 4 litre straight 6. Terrible fuel mileage but they are bulletproof.

The new ones with the 3.8 are garbage.

If you're going to buy a Jeep make sure it has the 4 litre straight 6. Terrible fuel mileage but they are bulletproof.

The new ones with the 3.8 are garbage.

Thanks man, I'm likely looking at models from 1997-2002. Any specific thing to look out for?

We have a Wrangler Unlimited. Honestly, we liked the old Cherokee we had better as a daily driver (wish they still made that car), but this one is more fun. An absolute beast in the snow too.

Thanks man, I'm likely looking at models from 1997-2002. Any specific thing to look out for?

Nope nothing other than the obvious. I wouldn't get an auto but thats up to you.

We have a Wrangler Unlimited. Honestly, we liked the old Cherokee we had better as a daily driver (wish they still made that car), but this one is more fun. An absolute beast in the snow too.

They make them again but they are like a RAV 4. Small.

The Cherokee's from 1990-2001 were amazing. I would love to find a pristine one.

They make them again but they are like a RAV 4. Small.

The Cherokee's from 1990-2001 were amazing. I would love to find a pristine one.

Yeah, we had an 01. It was the perfect mix of comfortable and great on dirt and snow, with a surprising amount of space to put stuff with the seats down. Favorite all around car we've had.

A5/S5 are nice cars. The cabriolet might be the nicest of the convertibles.

Due for an update soon though. If you lease no big deal, but if your a buy and holder, maybe wait.
I was so smitten with the S5 when I was car shopping but it was just too much $$ for me at the time. Plus its just too nice of a car to be rolling into construction sites with.

I'm on my second Honda Pilot (this one is a 2015 EX-L 4wd) and although I would love something a bit more luxurious I really do LOVE this vehicle.

I had the electrician here yesterday to install the 100 amp charger in the garage so we are all set for my wife's Tesla arrival next Friday.

I had a bit of fun with one yesterday coming back from the outlets. Being an electric motor, it's obviously torquey as hell, but my god, the way this thing accelerated from about 50 up to around 85 was mind blowing!

I had a bit of fun with one yesterday coming back from the outlets. Being an electric motor, it's obviously torquey as hell, but my god, the way this thing accelerated from about 50 up to around 85 was mind blowing!

I can't wait to get it on Highway 50 for the 70 mile twisty ride up to Lake Tahoe. I only have driven one once but it was not on an open road so I really haven't experienced the fun yet.

Since I am an impatient person I have emailed every dealer up to St Cloud that has an R in their inventory. I also went through true car and that found two as well. Hopefully someone gets back to me. I originally wanted the limestone grey and while that is still my first choice, the Oryx white is growing on me and having seen the Lapis blue in person its also nice. Basically any of the five colors looks great except for red.

One dealer in St Cloud called, they have a white one coming in two weeks. I told them if it isn't spoken for I'll take it as long as it has DCC and NAV. She should be calling me back later today. Two other dealers have emailed me and should be calling me later today as well.

Edit: Another dealer called me, they have a limestone grey coming in in 10 days that wasn't spoken for and had no mark up. 90 Seconds into the phone call its mine. Guy said it was the easiest and quickest sale he's ever made. Thank god 4 of the days I'll be in Texas so the wait shouldn't be so bad.

Last edited:
Congrats Nighthawk. Very jealous, hope you enjoy the heck out of that thing.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm so happy and plan to drive the hell out of it. The dealer sent me the credit applications and what not and the car might be here this week. As I was typing this, another dealer called me that also had one in stock in the coming days so as always, once I find what I'm looking for they pop up everywhere.

Hoping to buy a new car this fall, so I'm starting to look around now. I'd like to get a smaller SUV like an Escape or CR-V, something that gives me room to move things and have two kids in the back seat (14 and 9) but won't kill me on gas mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Escape > CR-V

The wife is getting baby fever...we currently have 2 girls age 4 1/2 and 2. Guess it's time for me to look for a mini-van. Been looking at Honda Odysseys.

Escape > CR-V

That's my initial thought. Reviews seem to favor the CR-V on mileage and room, but experience and interior are all Escape.

In 2013 I chose a RAV4 over the Escape & CRV because it has more options. The blind spot monitor is awesome.

In 2013 I chose a RAV4 over the Escape & CRV because it has more options. The blind spot monitor is awesome.

My wife loves her Toyota so I'm sure we'll give that a look as well. She wants to look at Kias too, but I'm not so keen on them. I don't know if it's their past reputation, or the fact that her sister had one and it just seemed completely flimsy to me.

I think it's finally time to put my old Infiniti out to pasture. I'm sure the $2.75 trade-in value will be well worth it, though.

Right now, I'm leaning towards either buying a used (2014 or 2013) Hyundai Genesis or leasing a new one.

I've never leased a car before, and I'm a little leery of the mileage restrictions/penalties, but I don't put a lot of miles on a car, and I'm intrigued by the idea of being free from a car in three years.

Any thoughts?

I'll probably test drive an older 5-Series just because it's cliche to do, but I'll be pretty shocked if I pull the trigger on one.

I think it's finally time to put my old Infiniti out to pasture. I'm sure the $2.75 trade-in value will be well worth it, though.

Right now, I'm leaning towards either buying a used (2014 or 2013) Hyundai Genesis or leasing a new one.

I've never leased a car before, and I'm a little leery of the mileage restrictions/penalties, but I don't put a lot of miles on a car, and I'm intrigued by the idea of being free from a car in three years.

Any thoughts?

I'll probably test drive an older 5-Series just because it's cliche to do, but I'll be pretty shocked if I pull the trigger on one.

I liked the old Genesis, but with how good the new one looks I'd be really hard pressed to buy the old body style unless it was a REALLY good deal. Just remember you can negotiate a lease just like a purchase, people seem to forget that, and just pay what the dealership is asking for a lease.

My brother loves his Genesis although his air conditioning has been serviced a hundred times. I'm not sure if that's a common problem or if he is just tough on the equipment.

The price difference between old body style and new is startling.

I can find a 2014 Genesis (old body style) for around $25,000 with pretty low miles. New Genesis runs mid to high 40,000s.

If I really like the new version (should test drive it this week), I would wait a year and look for a 2015 while the 2016 is out. With that said, not sure my current car has another year left.

I hate dealing with deprecation of a new car, which is why I may go lease route if I really like the new version. They're running some lease specials this month.

40k for a Hyundai baffles me honestly. I know they have come a long way but the interior looks nice for 2 years then falls apart. My friends Sante Fe turbo he just traded in started having interior rattles, and all kinds of wear and its not even his only car. He has had his subaru forester for a lot longer and it just seems so much better built. He traded his Genesis 3.6 in after only a year he didn't like it. But with that warranty and how far they come they seem solid just not 40k solid.

Back