Cleveland Black Driver Review

How is the sound? The OG Black driver was very loud IMO.

I never thought the Black was loud, but the newer one has a slightly more of a solid "thwack" sound.

I'm taking this one out today with the XR for grins and a little change of pace action. Its shafted with a White Tie and its the 9* head. I've only hit it about 5 times since putting it together, its a fun head, time for a little more fun.

God I love tinkering.

That actually sounds like a really nice combo.

That actually sounds like a really nice combo.

Solid feel when I hit it on the range after building it, I'm eager to really hit it on the course some more today though.

I left the lead tape. :alien:

LOL was that after I started rounding off my edges?

Saw lots of different swings and swing speeds hit this driver well. Very impressive driver and is a sleeper IMO that will unfortunately get overlooked.

Played 18 in my mens league this last Saturday with the black and I really enjoyed how easy this driver is to swing. I felt like I was swinging about 85% all day and was just piping some good drives. I love the weighting of this driver. For some reason I feel like I can just relax, put an easy swing on the ball, and get plenty of distance. It is a very forgiving driver as well, hit a couple of toe shots that found their way hooking back into the fairway. I am playing the 10.5 in reg. flex and find it is perfect for my 88-90 mph swing. I usually play 11-13 degree lofted drivers and find this plays very similiar with a high launch. With this driver and my new Black irons as well, I was able to shoot my lowest round of the year, best part was after 18, I felt I could go out and play another 18. This driver and the irons just simply allow me to swing easier and get great results.

Saw lots of different swings and swing speeds hit this driver well. Very impressive driver and is a sleeper IMO that will unfortunately get overlooked.

I'd be happy to try one of these if I could find one. Hard to find any Cleveland gear in these parts.

I'd be happy to try one of these if I could find one. Hard to find any Cleveland gear in these parts.

I hear ya. We just finally got some demos here in SA at Golfsmith. After about 2 swings in the simulator, I just knew this driver was perfect for me. Same with the black 7 iron demo. Don't know if I have felt more comfortable with a driver and irons in my hand as I am with these. That goes for the wedges as well.

Back