The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wife was in a pretty serious car accident today, but she's OK, just a bit sore. I'm going to have to do some investigation because she t-boned someone and the airbags didn't deploy. She was able to slam on the brakes pretty hard before impact, but given the impact, I feel like they should have went off. The impact was hard enough to spin her around 180*. For the impact, her car doesn't look that bad though, although the insurance company told me that it came up with a total-loss possible alert when she put in the affected areas of the car. The car is only 3 years old and I find it hard to believe that there's that much damage from looking at it. I won't know anything until the adjuster looks at it, which they said will probably be on Wednesday.

Glad she is ok.

Glad your wife is ok Bullitt. Hope things turn out ok with the insurance company.

I don't deal well with people passing away suddenly and I was hit twice with it this week. I'm in a serious funk because of it too. I know that within 24 hours I'll be able to clear my mind with amazing THPers in Orlando, but for right now I'm pretty bummed about it.
Man this sucks man, that is rough
I really don't care about the car. She likes it and hopes it's not a total-loss but I could really care less, it's a car. The only thing that sucks is that I realized tonight that I don't have rental car on my insurance (we haven't had an accident in years), so I have a couple choices until we find out about what they're going to do with the car and none of them are really good. I can either let her drive my daily and I drive the Bullitt, which gets 4mpg and is impossible to get in and out of, pay for a rental car out of my pocket or go with just one car for at least a week. Like I said, no good options but I think I'm going to have to open the wallet and get a rental car for next week.
Sounds like driving the Bullitt will be fun. But the technology behind air bags deploying has come a long ways. They take readings from different areas to determine if it is necessary. It obviously wasn't since she is fine. Most likely she would have some additional injuries from the airbag.
Glad to hear your wife is OK.

It doesn't take a lot to total out a car these days.
I said the same thing, my mom had a 2 year old 50k car that was only a few thousand from being totaled from a fairly mild accident.

I don't deal well with people passing away suddenly and I was hit twice with it this week. I'm in a serious funk because of it too. I know that within 24 hours I'll be able to clear my mind with amazing THPers in Orlando, but for right now I'm pretty bummed about it.

Sorry to hear that. Sounds like a rough week, but the weekend looks promising.

Man this sucks man, that is rough

Sounds like driving the Bullitt will be fun. But the technology behind air bags deploying has come a long ways. They take readings from different areas to determine if it is necessary. It obviously wasn't since she is fine. Most likely she would have some additional injuries from the airbag.

I said the same thing, my mom had a 2 year old 50k car that was only a few thousand from being totaled from a fairly mild accident.

I'd have to tune it way down to run on 93 octane, and I'm not even sure how well it would actually run after that. I drive 26 miles each way to work, it has an aluminum racing seat with a thin pad on it and a roll cage that I typically have help to get out of.

No, I don't think it would be fun at all.....

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

You can rent a car for beans these days.

Glad your wife is ok .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can rent a car for beans these days.

Glad your wife is ok .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes you can. Next Saturday in Vegas is 18 bucks for me haha

Car rentals have gone down in recent years I guess, but I haven't rented a car in seven years. (Or those are for smaller cars)

As far as having not having rental car on the insurance, it is a bummer because it's like 20 bucks a year to reimburse you 35 bucks a day for up to 30 days.

The wife being OK is most important to be sure. But once that is known, it sucks when you gotta start shelling out money. And if it were her fault, probably at least a $500 deductible. If it wasn't her fault, then their insurance should cover the rental.

Have fun in Lost Wages, Taylor!

Car rentals have gone down in recent years I guess, but I haven't rented a car in seven years. (Or those are for smaller cars)

As far as having not having rental car on the insurance, it is a bummer because it's like 20 bucks a year to reimburse you 35 bucks a day for up to 30 days.

The wife being OK is most important to be sure. But once that is known, it sucks when you gotta start shelling out money. And if it were her fault, probably at least a $500 deductible. If it wasn't her fault, then their insurance should cover the rental.

Have fun in Lost Wages, Taylor!
I have two corp. Accounts and it's all.dependent on where you go. Houston was expensive, vegas not so much. San Diego and DC expensive.

I have two corp. Accounts and it's all.dependent on where you go. Houston was expensive, vegas not so much. San Diego and DC expensive.

Yeah. Last place I rented a car was in Oakland. ANywhere in California is expensive most likely.

Yeah. Last place I rented a car was in Oakland. ANywhere in California is expensive most likely.
The rental isn't the exoense, it's all the other fees. A $45 one day rental, in the end will cost close to $100

The rental isn't the exoense, it's all the other fees. A $45 one day rental, in the end will cost close to $100
Sounds like California to me.

It depends on what time of week to, a weekend rental in a business local will be pretty cheap.

Car rental for my upcoming Cali trip. 3 days is close to 500 for economy. Costco savings van get us down to 380.

Car rental for my upcoming Cali trip. 3 days is close to 500 for economy. Costco savings van get us down to 380.
Just go to uhaul and rent a truck for 30 dollars a day!

A lot of cities build stadiums, etc. with rental car taxes. Sometimes those are lower at non-airport facilities.

I have found California to be expensive in general, along with Denver and sometimes Orlando.

That is a unique, but terrible idea. :D

Maybe you can even get a discount from fupresti.

I've had a lot of success paying a lot less for a rental car on Priceline's name your price thing. But, for a business trip I'd probably want to actually be able to pick the car.

I really don't care about the car. She likes it and hopes it's not a total-loss but I could really care less, it's a car. The only thing that sucks is that I realized tonight that I don't have rental car on my insurance (we haven't had an accident in years), so I have a couple choices until we find out about what they're going to do with the car and none of them are really good. I can either let her drive my daily and I drive the Bullitt, which gets 4mpg and is impossible to get in and out of, pay for a rental car out of my pocket or go with just one car for at least a week. Like I said, no good options but I think I'm going to have to open the wallet and get a rental car for next week.

Hope everything works out. Just drive the Mustang though, and let her drive the Forte because well the Mustang is probably really fun!

So they sent the replacement hard drive and having built countless computers and being comfortable the tech support rep told me it is considered a user replacable drive and should have no issues with replacing it. My manager just lost his mind and told me to wait on our inhouse IT help. She is out today, and she isnt even IT she is an admin assitant that calls the help desk everytime we have an issue. :banghead:

PhillyV, my condolences to you and the family and friends of those who you've lost.

Bullitt, glad to hear the wife is ok, but do keep an eye out for any lingering effects.

My wife went to her car to go to work this morning, which we leave parked out on the street at night, and found that it was broken into last night. The car wasn't stolen and nothing inside either, but the one of the small panel windows in the rear was broken and all the stuff that was in the car was rummaged through. Now my wife is feeling uneasy that our house could get broken into.

Why do people (other than THP'ers) have to suck so much?

So my hip is repaired and on the mend. It exposed a really bad right knee. I mean I have to have an mri and maybe scope bad. I guess I was favoring left leg so long and know that I'm using right leg it has shown itself. Ugh....no more surgery please. I need a break! This is my physical rant. Everything else with Panda is effn stellar.

So my hip is repaired and on the mend. It exposed a really bad right knee. I mean I have to have an mri and maybe scope bad. I guess I was favoring left leg so long and know that I'm using right leg it has shown itself. Ugh....no more surgery please. I need a break! This is my physical rant. Everything else with Panda is effn stellar.

Bionic Panda is going to be a force of nature on the golf course after recovery.

But seriously man, I hope they don't have to do surgery.

PhillyV, my condolences to you and the family and friends of those who you've lost.

Bullitt, glad to hear the wife is ok, but do keep an eye out for any lingering effects.

My wife went to her car to go to work this morning, which we leave parked out on the street at night, and found that it was broken into last night. The car wasn't stolen and nothing inside either, but the one of the small panel windows in the rear was broken and all the stuff that was in the car was rummaged through. Now my wife is feeling uneasy that our house could get broken into.

Why do people (other than THP'ers) have to suck so much?

My wife and I have had both our house and car broken into, and both times nothing was taken. Not sure why you'd break-in somewhere and not take anything. The feeling after the house was broke into was worse than the car, although the car cost us more than the house did to have fixed. Who would have thought a little quarter panel piece of glass would be $250. :angry:

I agree, people that do that suck.

My wife and I have had both our house and car broken into, and both times nothing was taken. Not sure why you'd break-in somewhere and not take anything. The feeling after the house was broke into was worse than the car, although the car cost us more than the house did to have fixed. Who would have thought a little quarter panel piece of glass would be $250.

I agree, people that do that suck.

So odd someone breaks in and steals nothing. I hate thieves though, they make me angry.

The company we merged with has summer hours... but my manager doesn't allow it for us.... Yet we have to go by their benefits which means I lost a week of paid vacation this year....yet not their hours. But what does she care when she's gone by noon every Friday....if she even comes in at all. Can't wait to put in my resignation at the end of the year.... *End of rant*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back