Flash Q&A III. Who's up in this here?

Asking for two predictions
1. Zoo Crew vs Redemption overall?
2. Which captain wins the Gauntlet? DNevs, Rhi, Ethan, Scotty G, AJ or JRod?

ZooCrew beats Team Redemption, though I think it will be closer than the last 2 years.
DNevs wins the Gauntlet. He's been training for months.

Harry,

Two questions. 1. How has the Bertha Mini done since it launched? Has the response and sales met your expectations? 2. How awesome is my XR Pro 5-Iron? I mean seriously.

Having played Chambers Bay do you think the winning score this week be under or over par?

How often does Scotty G break into spontaneous Rap? Did the video capture something very rare, or something so common that you all wear ear plugs around the office?

I can almost guarantee you'll see it again in a new, even cooler form in the relatively near future.

Pretty awesome, thanks! Sounds like Hock and co. are working their magic!

Have you played Chambers Bay? How'd you shoot? What hole are you looking forward to watching the most this week?

I played it in the beginning of May. It was firm, but not fast. I would be very surprised to hear if any of the players have positive things to say about it, though the property is stunning aesthetically. I think hole 9 is really cool. Two very different tee boxes on a really hard par 3.

We played it at about 6800 yards, so no where near where they'd play it. I think I shot a 83 or so. And I fell into the bunker on #15, my first hole of the day.

Harry,

Two questions. 1. How has the Bertha Mini done since it launched? Has the response and sales met your expectations? 2. How awesome is my XR Pro 5-Iron? I mean seriously.
And on that note. I will be playing my X2Hot 4W until I can no longer stand. I have plans to acquire backups on CPO in case something ever happens to mine. Greatest FW I've ever hit.

Thanks for the first response. Will Callaway ever bring to market non conforming clubs for amateur golfers use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No plans to do that. We think there is still a ton of performance left legally.

Question via social media

Hybrid vs Fairway wood and why?

Do you worry that other companies will be like the St. Louis Cardinals and hack your network to steal your designs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! I hope the Cardinals don't. If you see them launch a really cool driver or a set of irons, you'll know there's something fishy going on!

Harry,

You're 5 iron is nuclear.
Mini has done exactly what we thought. Very niche product but people who have it swear by it.

How often does Scotty G break into spontaneous Rap? Did the video capture something very rare, or something so common that you all wear ear plugs around the office?
Worst video of all time. Bar none.

Having played Chambers Bay do you think the winning score this week be under or over par?

I played it about 6 months ago. I can't honestly see anybody going low there. But that's up to the USGA because they could make the winning score 20 over if they really wanted to. They usually like only a couple under, so I'd say that's going to be the winning score.

Callaway continues to push the envelope where club design/innovation is concerned.

Given current tolerances, how much more can you guys deliver that will still differentiate from the great designs you've recently rolled out?

Another question via social

Odyssey has made a name for itself with a white face and it is so noticeable on TV. Do you fear that going more silver will take away from that?

Question via social media

Hybrid vs Fairway wood and why?

For what purpose? I rarely hit FW woods off the deck anymore because hybrids are so good now. But I don't really like hitting hybrids off the tee.

Would you have other company representatives/leaders on Callaway Live to discuss the industry? Someone like a Wally Uihlein or whoever is in charge of TaylorMade this week?

Callaway continues to push the envelope where club design/innovation is concerned.

Given current tolerances, how much more can you guys deliver that will still differentiate from the great designs you've recently rolled out?

And that's a great question. We will answer that in next few months with something I think will be very eye opening.

(the answer, by the way, is 20+ yards with drivers)

Hey Harry, what is the coolest thing you have done so far this year?

Another question via social

Odyssey has made a name for itself with a white face and it is so noticeable on TV. Do you fear that going more silver will take away from that?

Good question. We don't, but do y'all?

Would you have other company representatives/leaders on Callaway Live to discuss the industry? Someone like a Wally Uihlein or whoever is in charge of TaylorMade this week?

I would love to do that. I doubt they'd want to, but that would be awesome.

Not quite what you were talking about, but John O'Donnell from Johnnie-O brand is on next week. They are a cool golf brand and we will be talking about the industry.

For someone looking for a deep-faced driver: XR Pro or DBD and why?

Back