Bombtech Grenade 2 Driver - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
EDIT: THP Review just hit the home page today and you can read everything you want to know about the Grenade 2, right here.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/bombtech-grenade-2-driver-review/

It's time to pull the pin! In for review is the new Grenade 2 driver from Bombtech Golf. Below are some in hand photos as well as some information from Bombtech about this release.

From Bombtech Golf:
After 4 years of feedback from our original Grenade driver, it is finally time to release the BEAST. Grenade 2 is here and ready to give you more confidence off the tee. The original dual cavity design was engineered with the University of Vermont capstone project in 2012-2013. This aerodynamic design was created to break up the airflow and reduce drag. Could our new design be even more aerodynamic?

The University of Vermont engineering students found that Grenade 2 had a 50% increase in aerodynamics over the original version. In addition, the new cavity profile positions the CG slightly deeper and lower, this will give you more vertical hitting area for launching high and low spin drives.
Finally a new shaft that is more stable, lighter and lower torque. We made sure that our new shaft would truly be worthy of that premium title. I am confident that our new shaft set up will give you more confidence when you are swinging hard and on your mishits. No need to upgrade when your stock shaft already is!

Grenade Club Head Specs
Face Material: Ti-1188 hardened titanium
Hosel Depth: 38mm
Weight: 199 grams
Face Angle: 1* closed
Size: 450cc
Lie: 59*
Dexterity: Right Handed

Grenade Shaft Specs

Torque: 3.8
Launch: Mid-High
Kick: Mid
Weight: Senior 50 G, Regular 52 G, Stiff 54, Extra Stiff 56 G
Driver Length: 45.75 inches

Price tag for this driver is $297 and it comes with a 60-day money back guarantee.

In Hand Photos

i-pNDcgrv-XL.jpg

i-hCRjxgr-XL.jpg

i-5Z4b5Jw-XL.jpg

i-s7HPvFz-XL.jpg

i-4B2KFnd-XL.jpg

i-TpSfHQ4-XL.jpg

i-QnXz8vK-XL.jpg

i-tHbCZxC-XL.jpg

i-kDQNMrm-XL.jpg

i-fXgxkqZ-XL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking forward to your full review Dean. I am guessing this review and thread is going to be very popular in the coming weeks.

Looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

I actually like the look of that matte finish on the crown, though I'm less enthusiastic about the alignment aid. They really went all in on green.

Interesting. Looking forward to your feedback Dean.

• Staff
Looking forward to your thoughts on this one.

I actually like the look of that matte finish on the crown, though I'm less enthusiastic about the alignment aid. They really went all in on green.

yeah the matte crown isn't bad, and this is coming from someone who dislikes most matte finishes. I'm not a guy who also looks at clubs and thinks "man that's closed", but I setup with this one and was thinking "man that's closed!" Using Grenade 2 as the alignment aide is a bit much for my tastes, but it doesn't bother me.

yeah the matte crown isn't bad, and this is coming from someone who dislikes most matte finishes. I'm not a guy who also looks at clubs and thinks "man that's closed", but I setup with this one and was thinking "man that's closed!" Using Grenade 2 as the alignment aide is a bit much for my tastes, but it doesn't bother me.

More so than the XXIO? That was a driver that I looked down at and noticed it looked closed to me.

Its arrived! Looking forward to following along

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Staff
More so than the XXIO? That was a driver that I looked down at and noticed it looked closed to me.
Similar to me, and good call. The toe area on this is a bit more rounded off and looks softer to the eye. Makes me think that's a reason they did that because if it was squared off, it might look even more closed.

The rounded off toe makes it look like a higher quality club. I'm glad to see that they are still doing well and listening to their customers. Keep it up, Bombtech!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the funny moment of the day was when I got to the first tee, there were 2 rangers and a starter there. Instantly they said, whoa you have the new bombtech! Which is funny because it was next to a 917 and F7+.

the funny moment of the day was when I got to the first tee, there were 2 rangers and a starter there. Instantly they said, whoa you have the new bombtech! Which is funny because it was next to a 917 and F7+.

Ah, the "ddec driver bouquet" in the bag.

Shows that the FB/Google ad buys get people's attention, at least.

I'm interested to see how the new design works. In an ideal world you'd be able to compare to older model and competition now. I'm curious how they achieved the increase in aerodynamics and just how much distance would be gained over the original (because people are ALWAYS complaining about model to model upgrades). I'd hope that 4 years of feedback would lead to some staggering improvements.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Great review very interesting!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Interested to hear your thoughts!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Great review very interesting!!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
Review hasn't happened/been published yet, that was just the preview info from the company...

Initial thoughts Dean?

I've got some based on some course time today. When I get back to a computer I'll throw them in.

Looking forward to it!!

All the free k sigs in the world couldn't get me to game that driver. It just looks and probably is cheap.

I don't love the alignment aid, but other than that it's a solid looking driver at address.

I don't love the alignment aid, but other than that it's a solid looking driver at address.

At address in my opinion it actually looks pretty darn good. I agree with others though that the sole design looks unfinished and cheaper looking.

At address in my opinion it actually looks pretty darn good. I agree with others though that the sole design looks unfinished and cheaper looking.
Agree, the sole looks like circa 99 with some green thrown in. But the address is a bigger deal to me.

Yea, the sole looks ok at best. It's very clear what it is, so i get it from a marketing standpoint. I don't look at the sole when I'm swinging a club though. The top pics of the head don't look bad to me, I'd have to see it in person to know for sure one way or the other.

Are they going with these options only as it appears on their web site?
Shaft strengthens as the loft goes down? Makes sense I think. I'd hit that 9*
G2.jpg

I like the matte - but the sole is terrible. I think this will have to perform exceptionally at that price range. Some major OOMs offer great, not good, options just $50 north of the list price on the Grenade 2.

Back