Bubba Watson Painting His General Lee

Um, ok?

Facts are facts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was schooled in the difference between the flags by a good friend of mine a few years ago. So I am aware. That has no bearing on the feelings a great many African Americans and PC people have toward the flag.

You know what I find funny is I lived most of my life up north NY and it was wayyyyyyyyyy more racist than it is down here in Florida.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know what's funny, I have lived all over the US and experienced racism in every place I lived. It is not held by borders or oceans either.
You know what I find funny is I lived most of my life up north NY and it was wayyyyyyyyyy more racist than it is down here in Florida.

My point is the people up north like to make it like the southern states are filled with nothing but racists and their just as bad if not worse.

I hear ya, but the true south is pretty bad. We live on the edge of a new country down here in FLA
My point is the people up north like to make it like the southern states are filled with nothing but racists and their just as bad if not worse.

I hear ya, but the true south is pretty bad. We live on the edge of a new country down here in FLA

We already ARE a new country. This is America in name only now. The Constitution and laws no longer matter. The politicians and judges are doing whatever they want regardless of how the people vote or what the law is. Most people don't pay attention to know what's going on.

I hate to write negative post because I'm a very positive person, but I would ask that on this 4th of July weekend to pray for America and our future.

Yeah, I was joking around. Not sure its that dramatic.
We already ARE a new country. This is America in name only now. The Constitution and laws no longer matter. The politicians and judges are doing whatever they want regardless of how the people vote or what the law is. Most people don't pay attention to know what's going on.

I hate to write negative post because I'm a very positive person, but I would ask that on this 4th of July weekend to pray for America and our future.

Bubba Watson Painting His General Lee

You know what's funny, I have lived all over the US and experienced racism in every place I lived. It is not held by borders or oceans either.

This is certainly true.

People have NO idea how racist people are in Europe .

Try playing football in Europe as a foreigner, especially as someone of African descent .

Ask a German how they feel about Turks.

A lot of people like to act like this problem only exists in America .

This is certainly true.

People have NO idea how racist people are in Europe .

Try playing football in Europe as a foreigner, especially as someone of African descent .

Ask a German how they feel about Turks.

A lot of people like to act like this problem only exists in America .

Nailed it. And if its not race, its something else. The fact of the matter is, people judge others. Right or wrong, thats human nature. I dont like condemning someone by their race. And just as many do so by religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic, etc. It gets less publicity currently, but judgement is part of life. It sucks, but its true.

It should not be confused with someone that prefers to be with similar to themselves, be it at church, country club, job, etc.

Bubba owns the car, so he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. It's just funny; the people who can't wait to scream "PC, PC" are usually not the people who have endured a form of racism or discrimination. So because they think it's BS, everyone should think it's BS.

I'm sure Bubba will lose a lot of sleep over all those people who are no longer fans of his; If you suddenly un-fan yourself because he does something somewhat political that doesn't suit your own political conviction, you weren't a fan in the first place!

You're first paragraph is so ironic it's almost funny. Especially the last statement. I'm not gonna get into the nonsense of how you assume everyone who says PC has never been discriminated against.

Like I said the best part is the last sentence . I remember when the majority ruled and it was the best part of this country. Now you offend one person and its intolerable.

Like I said, pretty ironic .

The car is a tv prop and a piece of history for a lot of people. If he didn't want the crap and felt so strongly about it he shouldn't have ever bought it. To paint over something on a $100,000+ vehicle is ridiculous to me, but it's his so do whatever you want bud

The car is a tv prop and a piece of history for a lot of people. If he didn't want the crap and felt so strongly about it he shouldn't have ever bought it. To paint over something on a $100,000+ vehicle is ridiculous to me, but it's his so do whatever you want bud

Exactly .

Pretty sure the flag was on five years? Ago when he bought it and paraded it around like it was the coolest thing ever .

I see this as an attention ploy by bubba. 95% of the world outside the golf world had any clue he owned a general lee

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I see this as an attention ploy by bubba. 95% of the world outside the golf world had any clue he owned a general lee

Is it A General Lee or the General Lee? I thought the car he bought was the exact car used in the show.

I agree it's an iconic movie car, why destroy it? Just sell the car. It's like buying a vehicle from ww2 and painting over the swastikas. If you're a collector dont ruin a piece like this, just sell it to someone else

It is call the general lee

I say a general lee because 100s were used to film the show. Bubba bought one of many that were used

Exactly .

Pretty sure the flag was on five years? Ago when he bought it and paraded it around like it was the coolest thing ever .

Or just sell the damn car. Why paint over it? Like what has been said the whole thread, he had no problem driving it or bragging about it on social media, now there is a perceived backlash in the media about the flag and he all of the sudden cares? I mean him in front of the general lee was his damn twitter avatar since he bought the car.
bubba-watson-general-lee.jpg

I mean look at how disgusted he is by the flag on the car..
4896.jpg

%7B4B3230DF-C9AD-4CE4-8ECC-C94B806DE8E2%7DNUP_148827_0258.jpg

PHP4F3EA9D8EC3F6.jpg

Exactly .

yup. And for whatever it's worth I don't think the fact that he owns that car means he is "in favor" of what it may stand for. Again, it meant the same thing 20 years ago as it does today, so you should know that going in

He looks distraught

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. He had no problem with it for most of his ownership. then a racist, who honors that flag as a symbol of hate, shot up a church and killed 9 people because of their skin color. bubba may have then decided he didn't want to see that symbol in his garage.

As a historian (my degree is in History so I consider myself one even though I don't do it for a living) I have mixed feelings about the flag. I had many forefathers fight for the south and I grew up with many people that do consider the battle flag to be a display of Heritage. However, over the past 15 years or so I've come to look at it as something that should be seen only in museums. Unfortunately a racist segment of our populace has usurped the battle flag and for the majority of Americans it has become a representation of hatred and racism. Time to put it behind us and put it only in museums where the story of Heritage can really be told to all.

The flag itself is not bad, but I agree with your point about the flag being usurped by racist elements of American society. I compare it to the Islam religion. There is nothing wrong with Islam or being a Muslim, but sadly a very small element have usurped it for their radical causes.

As a veteran I served so people can have to freedom to have choices. It's an American's choice to fly or wear something with the Confederate flag. It's also my choice to not associate with people or stores that do that. As a personal example, I was living in FL in the early 2000s. A friend of my step-son was visiting our house. I noticed that his front licence plate was the Confederate flag. I politely told him in front of my step-son that I didn't support the Confederate flag and to please not come back to my house with that license plate anymore. I have also quit going to some local stores that flew or displayed Confederate flags.

My thinking on Bubba is his agent, etc thought that some of his sponsors didn't want him associated with the Confederate flag.....so they did something before it might have became an issue.

I'm still giving him the benefit of the doubt. He had no problem with it for most of his ownership. then a racist, who honors that flag as a symbol of hate, shot up a church and killed 9 people because of their skin color. bubba may have then decided he didn't want to see that symbol in his garage.

As long as it can be announced though....

well nobody would get any social media brownie points if they did something without bragging. The humble brag is the worst, happens all the time

Twitter posts help extend one's arm, making it easier to pat one's self on the back.

Where is this "true south" that you speak of?

I've lived for a period of time in the following places:
Baton Rouge, LA
New Orleans, LA
Hattiesburg, MS
Jackson, MS
Atlanta, GA
Memphis, TN
Nashville, TN

Have I lived in the "true south" that you mentioned?

Dax

Back