Callaway MD3 Wedges Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll take a set in black, please. Very sharp looking wedge.

Oooh those i like. I have been looking at trying some new wedges but might have to wait. Do they come with the green paint fill, or is that just on here?

Do we kmow if these will come in the PM shaped wedge?

Left handed options? Carrying that look forward is interesting with a standard wedge. I thought the drilled reliefs on the back of the sole was to compensate for added weight in the PM wedge. Clearly I was mistaken.

• Admin
Left handed options? Carrying that look forward is interesting with a standard wedge. I thought the drilled reliefs on the back of the sole was to compensate for added weight in the PM wedge. Clearly I was mistaken.

In the article on the home page, they reference that exact thing (weight).

Looks great. Looks like I found my new 52* wedge.

In the article on the home page, they reference that exact thing (weight).
Yes, maybe it's the pictures, but these don't seem to have as high of a toe as the PM wedges? That added toe height is why I thought originally it was incorporated into the sole of the club. But like I said I may be just the pictures. I'll be giving them a look.

They look very nice.

The W-grind looks interesting. I'll miss the U-Grind, however.

Like the look of the black wedges. Some very interesting stuff with the different grooves. These will get a look for sure.

Given how much I despised the MD 2 wedges, it's gonna take alot to get me back go a Callaway wedge. These do look pretty awesome aesthetically.

Not surprised to see a similar backing to the way the PM grind wedge looks. Carrying over the high toe design helps explain why for weight reasons. I hope when they hit retail that Callaway puts some time in explaining the grind system, even if it’s just the graphic shown in the article sitting next to the wedges.

They're visually stunning if nothing else. Two months seems kind of a long time from preview to retail though.

Looks so good in black. Wow

Hello beautiful.
md3-s-grind-face-black-2015-002.jpg

These will be my wedges for 2016.

Not sold on the colors, that green and black is very reminiscent of some cheap Nickent wedges. The chrome isn't too bad though. As for different grooves for different lofts, that's old tech that Mizuno for one have been using for a long time.

Good looking wedges, I'd like to try out one in the C grind.

Not going to lie, those look great.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I'm not crazy about the looks. Then again, I wasn't so sure about the PM Grind either, and I now love that thing. I guess I'll wait to check it out in hand.

These sound pretty intriguing to say the least. That's a lot of different options to really help customize them to your game.

Any images of the face? Will the grove lines extend out similar to the PM grind?

I'm sure I'll be in the minority, but I'm not crazy about the looks. Then again, I wasn't so sure about the PM Grind either, and I now love that thing. I guess I'll wait to check it out in hand.

Same here, disappointed in the looks of them but looking forward to the feedback on the performance side.

Love black wedges but not crazy about the bright green. Will certainly check them out and if they will help, I'm sure I could learn to love the bright colors.

I think these are good looking wedges. I confess that no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get along with the MD2s. If these play half as nice as they look, they will be great.

Back