PING Golf Bag Forum Testing Thread

Already done, lol. I love the way the top handles the clubs. No snagging at all on insertion and extraction. Very roomy. I have one divider for just my putter, which is nice.
Glad to see the bags are making their way to their new homes, guys! JR - no questions yet, but you know I will after you get going a little bit. Load that sucker up!

anxious to see your pictures tomorrow JR, good report
Have a good round, bring all the stories and tell us about that bag !

Hope you can get someone shooting video of you carrying tomorrow !

Just got home a little while ago and the Ping Latitude bag was sitting on the porch. The tape on the box was ripped but thankfully all was okay. I wasn't able to mess around with the bag tonight but was able to take some pics. Will be playing around with the bag tomorrow and will have more pictures. Let me know if there is any requests for pictures from any part of the bag.

94473467.jpg
70333333.jpg

48325778.jpg
18076457.jpg

65639655.jpg
39863069.jpg

36006593.jpg
60364963.jpg

29131551.jpg
96373196.jpg

Looking great Butters! I like the one section in that bag that stands out. Is that for your putter or just whatever you want?

It's labeled as a putter well.

Thanks. I really like the look of that part in particular.

Playing around with the Hoofer, and this thing has a surprising amount of room. Scorecard pockets, plenty of room for balls, tees, valuables, and a couple of water bottles (or beer bottles, if that is your thing). Got the straps dialed in, and they really are quite comfy.

Nice pics Butters!! I like to see a stand bag with the integrated putter well. One of the biggest pains for carriers of the bag is addressed right there.

Nice pics Butters. I like how they did the putter well on your bag.

good pictures butters !!

that bag looks like it's LOADED with features!

is that the largest of the 3 carry bags ?

sorry, did you already say how much the bag weighs ?

as I was looking at the pictures I couldn't help but notice all the pockets ! Which is great no doubt, and thought, there's so much room, a person using this bag will need some extra energy to carry it.

With all those pockets it seems like it might be easy to 'over pack' it .... you'll have to let us know through your testing

Great stuff Dd, JR and butters. Looking forward to following this review and being a Dawg fan it is great to see those red & black bags you 2 are rocking, but I bet the crimson and white looks good too, get those pics up JR so we can compare. Hang in there omikey, yours will be there soon buddy.

Here are the features directly from Pings site:
[h=3]Features[/h]
  • Six-way top reinforced to prevent flexing
  • 10 conveniently located pockets
  • Water-resistant, velour-lined valuables pocket
  • Range-finder pocket
  • Approximately 5.5 lbs.
  • Reinforced bracket with leg stop
  • Molded putter well
  • Dual sliding shoulder pads with adjustable straps
  • Designed for optimal balance
  • Leg retention strap
  • Strap slider for a backpack-style fit
  • Umbrella holder, towel loop, rain hood
  • Premium YKK zippers
In my short time with the bag last night, I have found one possible flaw with the putter well. My putter is only 33" and doesn't reach the bottom of the bag. So you might not want to leave the putter cover on since it may pop off. I will get my tape measure tonight and see how deep the hole is.

The Black and Red was not my first choice. I wanted the Blue and White but was afraid my wife might hurt me since they are Duke colors.... lol

Nice looking bags!

I'm also glad to hear that the new strap system seems to work.
To only problem with the straps of the 2011 ping 4 under bag was how it could be difficult to grab hold of them when putting the bag on with your back facing the bag.

The padding on the straps of the 2011 were comfy and light weight.
How does the 2012 straps compare?

To only problem with the straps of the 2011 ping 4 under bag was how it could be difficult to grab hold of them when putting the bag on with your back facing the bag.

The padding on the straps of the 2011 were comfy and light weight.
How does the 2012 straps compare?

The 4 Series straps are light and comfy so far, but most bags' straps are light and comfy right out of the box. They also don't seem to be tough to put on with your bag behind you. The strap slider may be the helping factor in this case.

I will be able to give a better idea of real life testing after I walk some holes tomorrow and saturday.

In my short time with the bag last night, I have found one possible flaw with the putter well. My putter is only 33" and doesn't reach the bottom of the bag. So you might not want to leave the putter cover on since it may pop off. I will get my tape measure tonight and see how deep the hole is.

The Black and Red was not my first choice. I wanted the Blue and White but was afraid my wife might hurt me since they are Duke colors.... lol

not that one should have to do this with a new bag, but of course a design can't fit all the various length putters out there either. But what about cutting something, like from Styrofoam or like material. That would fit into the putter well. Measure the length from the tip of the grip to where on the shaft you want it to hit the top of the bag. Then measure the depth of the bag, make a plug to insert into the putter well. BINGO, good to go :)

nice pictures Butters. The top design of that bag is pretty unique for a carry bag. Really like the putter well. It looks like a pretty good size, I wonder if you can fit both driver and putter in there comfortably.

Just got home a little while ago and the Ping Latitude bag was sitting on the porch. The tape on the box was ripped but thankfully all was okay. I wasn't able to mess around with the bag tonight but was able to take some pics. Will be playing around with the bag tomorrow and will have more pictures. Let me know if there is any requests for pictures from any part of the bag.
29131551.jpg

That is the goofiest looking thing I have ever seen on a golf bag since Al Crevik played Bushwood. It looks like something that an astronaut would use to empty his bladder. They should've at leat made it black or red to complement the bags color combination.

That is the goofiest looking thing I have ever seen on a golf bag since Al Crevik played Bushwood. It looks like something that an astronaut would use to empty his bladder. They should've at leat made it black or red to complement the bags color combination.

+1 very odd looking

I wonder why its so BIGNORMOUS

It does look out of place being so big. So big, it looks like only 1 club will fit in each slot on either side of it. If they needed it to be so big, I wonder why it wasnt positioned on one side and a bigger divider on the other side of it where you could potentially fit 3 clubs.

Video is uploading now. It will take a little while though.

Here is the video I shot today. Please forgive my horrendous southern drawl, I have been trying to curb it and I am fighting a losing battle.

Went out to the course and walked a quick 9. I joined up with someone, and the first word out of his mouth were "Thats a cool bag, man!"

The straps continue to be a great feature, they gave me no problems throughout the entire round. I didn't really have a load-out today, as it was just a spur of the moment thing, so no comments on storage today. Sunday I will carry my normal load, and we will see how it copes then.

I do actually with the straps were a bit wider, but I have very broad shoulders, so it may just be me. The bag proved to be very, very light, and I had noticeably less fatigue than I have been having. I attribute this to the bag's excellent balance as well.

Very nice job on that video, JR. Great summary of all the features of the 2012 Hoofer. I'm liking this thread so far!

Great video JR! Very informative and complete. I really like the pen/pencil holders. I feel like that is a really underrated feature. I'm glad you pointed that out as I always feel like I'm searching for a pencil or pen.

Back