Cleveland Golf/Srixon Enters The Morgan Cup

Awesome SW, that's boxes of fun right there. Love the look of the material the hats made out of, looks like it would keep you dry for sure!

I wanted to add in names of the shirts and hat in case someone wants to look them up or purchase one for themselves. The hat is freaking legit, 100% polyester and redonkulously light.

The grey shirt is Boss, in cool grey.
The white is Clyde
The Blue is Foundation, color is Lapis.
Hat is the Tour Combo, white/black.

What are the materials of the shirts SW?

Great looking shirts SW. I wore my Cleveland Classics shirt from the original outing weekly until it couldn't get clean anymore.

What are the materials of the shirts SW?

All 100% polyester. The grey is by far the lightest, the blue and white are a little heavier weight.

--
Tapatalk2

Thanks for the pics Danny, everything looks really sharp man. I really like the adjustment piece on the back of the hat also.

Sweet looking stuff there SW. I love my Cleveland shirts.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Awesome stuff SW! You guys are all going to look GREAT!

some great stuff SW!
that hat does look super comfy. cant wait!

I'm pumped to get a few more CC shirts. Actually wearing one today and wore one when I played on Sunday. I've found that they hold up in the heat very well and are towards the top of the heap when it comes to durability.

I'm going to force myself not to use the hat right away even though I want to. I have a Srixon white hat that will take the brunt of my sweaty head leading up to the MC.

I'm pumped to get a few more CC shirts. Actually wearing one today and wore one when I played on Sunday. I've found that they hold up in the heat very well and are towards the top of the heap when it comes to durability.

I'm going to force myself not to use the hat right away even though I want to. I have a Srixon white hat that will take the brunt of my sweaty head leading up to the MC.

yeah keep the hat clean for MB

Nobody wants to see a yellowed up hat on video haha.

I'm going to have Erica hide the golf balls and gloves too.

You are very wise my friend. I think I will follow the same advice.

Sounds like a smart plan Hawk, just make sure she hides things better than my wife and daughter's hiding spots, it never takes me too long to find them!!!

I don't really think the zip groves do much but how do the 4-5-6 irons hold the green's in the 588's? do you get much roll out or is it hop and stop?

I don't really think the zip groves do much but how do the 4-5-6 irons hold the green's in the 588's? do you get much roll out or is it hop and stop?

I don't own the 4iron as I ordered my set 5-PW, but I have zero issues holding greens with the long irons. That being said, I do hit a higher ball than most people I've played with and have not much issue imparting a decent amount of spin on a golf ball. I'm not sure about the zip grooves and whether or not they help a lot but I have to imagine that they help some. It's a technology that Cleveland seems to embrace for a reason.

Oops...

*takes hat off*

lol. yes, keeping a white hat clean is no easy task.

like TC said, there's a lot that goes into that, so i'm not sure how much credit i can give the grooves, but i don't have issues holding greens with the 5 or 6 iron.
matter of fact, i hit a 6 iron into an elevated green yesterday and it came in hot, but held to 6 feet.
i will say this though...of all the people that have seen my Cleveland sticks, most all of them have commented on how deadly the grooves look...some even asking if they're legal. lol. yessir, tour conforming.
so idk if that answers your question Scrap Iron...but i guess i would most definitely recommend them

I'd agree that the grooves look wicked on the 588's. As for holding greens, I think's that's as much a matter of trajectory and technique as anything, but I've been seeing some pretty good results. I had a 7 iron pull back 6 inches with a hard cover surlyn ball today.

has it been announced what shoes you guys get? I asked Biggsy but never heard back...hehe
Wow, you really are a ... Well, you know and no he did not ask me.

I don't want to poo poo all over my sponsors thread, you obviously don't have a problem doing that. hehe :alien:

Last edited:
I think initially, out of the box, the zip grooves are very aggressive. Over time, the laser milling does wear and are not as effective, but it leaves some really good deeper grooves. I'd put Cleveland's grooves against any other brand out there and that's after some wear of regular play and the laser milling gone. Out of the plastic, no comparison. I wish they could find a way for them to last longer, but that technology just isn't here yet.

I play the 5 and 6 iron in my set and with the KBS Tour combo, I get the ball high and I use the less spinny Srixon XV and I have zero issues holding a green. I generally find the ball right around it's pitch mark or just below it.

Back