2014 Ryder Cup Contest & Official Thread - Two Bushnell Tour V3 Rangefinders

Entered. Thanks THP!

Looking forward to seeing what other thper is winning this one with me.

See what I did there.

Huge shout out to THP and Bushnell for this awesome contest.

Does this Ryder Cup have less buzz than other years in the past or is it me?

Less from my point of view too. Maybe because many feel the Americans will get crushed?

Less from my point of view too. Maybe because many feel the Americans will get crushed?

I think that anytime there is a week off before the Ryder Cup, the buzz is diminished. It will ramp back up next week though. But on this side of the pond, T2GRN18 is right, the majority of people expect the US to get trounced so the excitement is diminished.

Is it that when looking at the US Team they don't seem to be the most exciting guys and a bit on the reserved side, minus Bubba?

I think part of it too is all the off field distractions from the NFL dominating the news cycle. Normal "non golf" outlets would at least mention it, but have focused on the NFL.

It's true for me. Firstly, because most of the action takes place through the night thanks to being on the west coast. Secondly, first one since I moved stateside. I'm gonna have to watch it from a US perspective which I'm not looking forward to.

My old v2 is wore out. I need to win this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did I miss this. All entered now, thanks THP and Bushnell.

So, I'm not really sure what to say about this. From Rickie Fowler's Twitter feed:

ByFzzk6CQAACo3_.jpg

Great prize. Thanks Bushnell and THP.

I'm sure this hyped in Europe but in the US they have fallen well short. I guess it's hard to back a loser.

I believe the US will but I'm drawing the short straw here

Coverage will certainly ramp up this week but less buzz this year for sure. Losing in such disastrous fashion last year was a gut punch to Team USA fans and most don't give the team much chance this year in face value.

10336681_10152227560761330_1586978753711719072_n.jpg

I'm sure this hyped in Europe but in the US they have fallen well short. I guess it's hard to back a loser.

I believe the US will but I'm drawing the short straw here

Surprised though, Americans usually like an underdog.

ByJGU0SIgAAKX6A.jpg

Have to say I like the looks of Team Europe's bag a tad better...
d4d5004607f647061167e02e7a6e5c20.jpg

Miracle at Medinah is just painful to watch. Although i hope someone tells Team USA about Poulters comments regarding giving a 4 footer in the Ryder Cup. "you don't give 4 footers, its the Ryder Cup, Ollie would have taken my head off"

Just spotted this on twitter from adidas Golf

Who is the old PGA codger that decided the theme for Team USA should be redemption? As soon as I heard the words leave Watson's mouth I thought...does not sound like something Tom would do. This sounds more like some old PGA codger that cannot forgive the 2012 team for losing.

Traditionally the US team is not as well suited to team play nor anything about the Ryder Cup format. US team members tend to try to take the team on their individual shoulders as they would if a Tour Event when they are playing for themselves. That is enough pressure thank you. Now you want the guys to redeem themselves for 2012! What about the few guys that were not on the 2012 team. What is their theme. "Gee we hope we don't let the rest of you guys down."

I would prefer that they buried Medina deep and just go out there and play as good as they can. However if anything play tough and play fearlessly.

Another problem we have generally is that why we scramble well, we don't scrap that well. Where is our Corey Paven when we need him. As a result when we have our foot on the European's necks we don't finish them off. If anything the Europeans tend to finish us off.

But my real point is that I would not have made this about redemption. I would not have touched that with a ten foot pole.

Watching live from the RC. I can't wait for this thing to start. Poulter is fun to watch in this thing. He is annoying good.

Watching live from the RC. I can't wait for this thing to start. Poulter is fun to watch in this thing. He is annoying good.

#FrostedTips

Back