Official THE Ohio State football thread

So Elliott isn't taking this loss well. It wouldn't shock me if he doesn't play next week after calling out the coaches like this.

He went off after the game. Cardell tweeted it was his last home game too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He went off after the game. Cardell tweeted it was his last home game too.

Lol gonna get that 7th round paycheck

Zeke wears his heart on his sleeve so a blowup was bound to happen...sadly his comments were spot on. Ray charles could have called a better game out there.
Wont miss jones but will miss zeke and more than likely bosa

Lol gonna get that 7th round paycheck

Zeke wears his heart on his sleeve so a blowup was bound to happen...sadly his comments were spot on. Ray charles could have called a better game out there.
Wont miss jones but will miss zeke and more than likely bosa
Sad to hear Zeke calling out the coaches and saying it was his last home game but it is probably the best move for him.

Also, if OSU plans to be the uptempo team with a bunch of fast skill position players next season, Curtis Samuel might be one of the fastest guys on the team

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I don't blame him. They did more QB rushes than giving him the ball. Absolutely terrible play calling.
That's the only damn play they've had in the play book the last 3 seasons. I think it's the only play Urban knows. Between coaching Tebow and coaching here.

Any chance OSU is looking for a new play caller after bowl season?

To be honest, I missed the whole second half. I was unimpressed with the first half. OSU should have cleaned up on the second and third string QB. Next week ought to be good, if OSU starts the way they have, UM is going to have a field day and we might be lucky to keep them under 40.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

That's the only damn play they've had in the play book the last 3 seasons. I think it's the only play Urban knows. Between coaching Tebow and coaching here.

To be honest, I missed the whole second half. I was unimpressed with the first half. OSU should have cleaned up on the second and third string QB. Next week ought to be good, if OSU starts the way they have, UM is going to have a field day and we might be lucky to keep them under 40.

To be fair, in the last couple of games last year, we torched teams with the big plays. Spencer graduating proved more penalizing than everyone thought.

Regarding the play caller, there's 3 things with that. 1) It ALL goes thru Urban's headset. He can veto any play. 2) Urban can also call his own plays at any time over the OC. 3) There's only so much you can do while only passing the ball 46 yards unless you run triple option.

Good teams with great coaches find a way to win. This anemic offense is all on the coach, kinda of wondering if meyer is as great as I once thought. How can one team fall to mediocrity so quickly? Next week he will be out coached, Michigan wins.

Good teams with great coaches find a way to win. This anemic offense is all on the coach, kinda of wondering if meyer is as great as I once thought. How can one team fall to mediocrity so quickly? Next week he will be out coached, Michigan wins.

Did you watch any of the Florida teams When Meyer "got sick"?

Great game by Sparty. I sort of expected this to happen next week at Michigan but MSU won with backup QB's and dominated the game.

I think Elliot and Jones showed why this "team" underachieved so badly this year. Bunch of prima donnas. I expected something like this from Cardale but not Zeke.

I knew we were missing Herman but never imagined it would be this bad. Dantonio has out coached Meyer in 2 of the last three games.

As an unbiased observer I wonder if osu would ran the ball as many times as sparty did does the game turnout different?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

As an unbiased observer I wonder if osu would ran the ball as many times as sparty did does the game turnout different?

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Perhaps but they were getting manhandled by michigan states d line.

They needed to throw the ball the first and third quarters. The OC had no backup plan when they got dominated on the line .

He's shown zero creativity all year long. Usually they just outwork people in the second half and blow them out but it didn't happen this game. In fact it was the exact opposite .

Definitely a terrible effort all around.

I heard uncle Urban's press conference and the reaction to Elliot's post game comments...

Inmates running the Asylum...

What I got was if it was early in the year, he probably wouldn't play, but this is a big week and we will need him...

Urban is such a Dbag! (Good coach, but...)

46 yards passing is almost high school ish

I think both JT and Zeke averaged less than 3 yards a carry. It wasnt even about that, even the runs drawn up were STUPID, the QB sneaks etc with guys waiting for him were destined for failure from the beginning.

The the miller reverse from inside their own 10 on 3rd and long still baffles me.

ALL kinds of speed at WR, and couldnt get a crossing pattern, or slant run all day (except the 1st TD drive).

SHould have known it was going to be a long game when the first 3 plays of the game were JT runs

we just talked about that at the office. unreal.

So I looked at the plays that ended the 1st 4 drives in the 1Q, notice a theme

3rd and 6...JT run for 5 yards
3rd and 3...JT run for 2 yards
3rd and 17 (after a 8 yard sack) JT pass incomplete
3rd and 9...JT run for 4 yards

Great play calling

Genuine Question for the OSU fans.
if Elliot had a bad game and lets say he fumbled on a last drive that could have won the game. After the game Meyer is interviewed and blames the entire loss on him, says he wont play again in the uniform as he has disgraced it. Do you think fans would be okay with it? Or do you think they would want to burn him at the stake for taking it out on the player?

Official THE Ohio State football thread

I can't speak for everyone but that wouldn't be tolerated by me and i doubt it would ever happen.

Like Cris carter , and everyone under the sun has stated you handle these things in house not in front of the media , regardless if it's true or not .

Yeah, I think losses are ultimately the coaches responsibility. I don't think any coach who publicly blamed losses on their players would make it very long anywhere... Not that my approval means anything but I would definitely disapprove.

I can't speak for everyone but that wouldn't be tolerated by me and i doubt it would ever happen.

Like Cris carter , and everyone under the sun has stated you handle these things in house not in front of the media , regardless if it's true or not .

Yeah, I think losses are ultimately the coaches responsibility. I don't think any coach who publicly blamed losses on their players would make it very long anywhere... Not that my approval means anything but I would definitely disapprove.

I agree with both of these.
So why is it every time a player does it the other way, it has the apologetic tone from the fan base? And I am not singling out Elliot, who from what I understand is everything you would want in a student athlete. It happens all of the time in so many sports.

Good question.

I personally lost a lot of respect for the kid and honestly wish he wouldn't play against Michigan since he basically said he already quit.

Cardale doesn't surprise me.

I agree with both of these.
So why is it every time a player does it the other way, it has the apologetic tone from the fan base? And I am not singling out Elliot, who from what I understand is everything you would want in a student athlete. It happens all of the time in so many sports.

I'm certainly disappointed that he said what he did in that scenario, but at the end of the day he's a player, not a coach. He's a 20 year old kid that's still figuring out how to handle life, let alone situations where he's talking to a national audience through the media. Sure there's a hard line old-school part of me that wants them to sit him, but expecting someone his age to handle every turn in life perfectly isn't really 100% reasonable. God knows I had my share of eff ups while I was figuring things out. Well past the ripe old age of 20. :D

I'm certainly disappointed that he said what he did in that scenario, but at the end of the day he's a player, not a coach. He's a 20 year old kid that's still figuring out how to handle life, let alone situations where he's talking to a national audience through the media. Sure there's a hard line old-school part of me that wants them to sit him, but expecting someone his age to handle every turn in life perfectly isn't really 100% reasonable. God knows I had my share of eff ups while I was figuring things out. Well past the ripe old age of 20. :D

I agree with this but you could see while he was talking he was being very calculated. I think he wanted to say even worse things . That's the part that bothers me the most. He knew exactly what he was doing .

A shame we couldnt blame it on Luke Fickle, I miss those days

So age is the determining factor in whether or not its okay or not? I mean that sincerely. Because as you said if a coach said anything like it, they would be tarred and feathered. I dont think anyone should expect perfection out of any student athlete, and as mentioned, from what I have heard, this kid is a stand up young man or has been. His apology seemed heartfelt and its time to move on for obvious reasons. While he was speaking however, he was being very calculated in this words, which makes me think he knew exactly what he was doing and it was less heat of the moment than is being discussed.

I would love to see a program stand up and as a fan base say "screw you" and make the coach make the "right" decision. No idea if that ever happens or with what program.

Just seems as though its a unique thing in sports with what people tolerate. Im as guilty of it as anything else, heck I even wrote a few apologies from time to time for a certain someone. But I find it interesting that after the comments the immediate thought was "he is right", where as if the coach did it, he would have been canned in hours.

Im a big "team" guy. In life, in work and in sports and maybe I am just wired a bit differently.

Im with you guys. Elliott wouldnt dress against Michigan or in the bowl game. Its a privilege not a right and he just spit in the face of every one who is a part of that program. Win with class, lose with class. If this was a kid from an SEC team i know i would be all over him so i will have the same stance for a kid from OSU. You cant win em all. They just won 23 straight including a National Championship, grow up and take the loss like a champ. not a loud mouth who cant be trusted with the media, which im sure teams in the NFL will love.

JB i think your analogy of the fumble. No way Urban calls him out like that in that scenario

Back