Callaway Introduces 2012 Footwear

I wanted to post a little follow up on these shoes and a customer service story.

First off, I've reviewed something like 5 pairs of golf in the last year. The Del Mars were actually purchased, but I haven't worn another shoe when I could help it since I got them around Christmas. They are by far the most comfortable pair of golf shoes I've ever owned. I can't think of a single time that I've had foot fatigue issues while wearing them, which hasn't been the case for the last three pairs I've tried out in reviews. This includes days like the the outing where I was on my feet all day and the MC, where I was golfed for something like 12 hours one day. Hell, I wear them around the house when I'm outside I like them so much.

That said, they sprung a leak in some very wet conditions the other day, which was a bummer. I knew they had a waterproof warranty, so I called Callaway to discuss it. In just a few minutes they sent me a pre-paid label to return them and I have a brand new pair on the way. Add to that the fact that they were very fast and friendly about the whole thing and I'll say that I am very impressed. Customer service is a dying art, so nice to see it going strong at Callaway.

Just wanted to throw out my opinion on their xtreme shoes that we wore for the MC 2.0. These golf shoes are excellent. They felt great out of the box, fit true to size, and look awesome. I was really impressed as these were my first pair of Callaway shoes ever. I will absolutely be buying Callaway shoes again.

Same here, Tim. I never really thought about Cally shoes until the first MC. Finding out that I was stupid for that because they make a solid product.

Same here, Tim. I never really thought about Cally shoes until the first MC. Finding out that I was stupid for that because they make a solid product.

I agree dude. I was super impressed. Plus they look awesome. All of my buddies here say the same thing, "Callaway makes shoes?"

If you ever go spikeless, try the Del Mars dude.

If you ever go spikeless, try the Del Mars dude.

I would dude but I am afraid because I swing so hard they wouldn't give me enough traction.

hahaha. Yea, I don't have that problem. Ernie wears them, but barely looks like he's moving when he swings.

hahaha. Yea, I don't have that problem. Ernie wears them, but barely looks like he's moving when he swings.

hahahahaah. Good point though. If a tour player can use them, I probably shouldn't worry about that.

I slipped one time in a round during the MC, off the tee early Saturday morning. I honestly didn't care though just based off of the fact that my feet felt good the whole weekend.

Just wanted to throw out my opinion on their xtreme shoes that we wore for the MC 2.0. These golf shoes are excellent. They felt great out of the box, fit true to size, and look awesome. I was really impressed as these were my first pair of Callaway shoes ever. I will absolutely be buying Callaway shoes again.

They really are good shoes. I was worried about them since we didn't try them on until we got to Myrtle Beach. I wasn't sure what kind we were getting, and I did not try on a pair of these before hand. But all of them I tried needed the same size, so I wasn't worried about that. But I was about the comfort. But it was all unnecessary. These were perfect right out of the box, and we had to wear them for two rounds the second day we wore them.

They really are good shoes. I was worried about them since we didn't try them on until we got to Myrtle Beach. I wasn't sure what kind we were getting, and I did not try on a pair of these before hand. But all of them I tried needed the same size, so I wasn't worried about that. But I was about the comfort. But it was all unnecessary. These were perfect right out of the box, and we had to wear them for two rounds the second day we wore them.

I agree man. They are an astounding product.

A lot of guys were hoping we would get the Del Mar shoe, but I was honestly hoping we'd get a shoe with replaceable spikes. It's what I've always worn and I didn't want to change! I would have, and likely would have loved them. But I know how long spikes last me and my worry was that the spikes would wear down and then they would just be shoes. Others have said they have worn their spikeless shoes for two golf seasons, but this was my whole thinking of wanting a spiked shoe, not a spikeless.

A quick follow up on the return I did for the Del Mars.

I shipped the pre-paid box to Callaway last Friday. When talking with Customer Service they told me that they didn't have white in stock in my size at the moment, so I could either choose another color or they would locate a pair for me, but it might take a week or two. I figured I'd like to try the gray version for a change. Plus, I really wanted them back on my feet asap.

Got the new ones yesterday. So, five day turnaround, including the weekend. I am impressed.

Question for Callaway MC 2 staffers RE: shoes

Question for Callaway MC 2 staffers RE: shoes

I'm looking for some new golf shoes.

I understand you guys were given Callaway shoes, correct? Which ones did you wear and what did you think of them? Were they comfortable? Did they size out big or small? Any comments, both pros and cons would be appreciated.

Thanks

Merged with existing thread.

Hey man, so I was a Callaway staffer and I was given the Callaway Xtreme golf shoes and I have to say I'm very impressed. THey were comfortable right out of the box, and look great with almost everything because of the styling and the colours, with the mix of black and white. The traction on them is pretty great too, although I thought the stock spikes that came with them were pretty cheap and broke easily, that was fixed right away with a change of spikes.

These are the first Callaway shoes I've ever owned and I will definatly be looking at them in the future if/whne I need new golf shoes.

I agree with Breeze.....out of the box these were some of the most comfy shoes I've ever worn...never felt like there was any 'breaking in' to do with these at all.

Hey man, so I was a Callaway staffer and I was given the Callaway Xtreme golf shoes and I have to say I'm very impressed. THey were comfortable right out of the box, and look great with almost everything because of the styling and the colours, with the mix of black and white. The traction on them is pretty great too, although I thought the stock spikes that came with them were pretty cheap and broke easily, that was fixed right away with a change of spikes.

These are the first Callaway shoes I've ever owned and I will definatly be looking at them in the future if/whne I need new golf shoes.

What kinda spikes do they use? Fast twist or Q lock or something else?

I agree with Breeze.....out of the box these were some of the most comfy shoes I've ever worn...never felt like there was any 'breaking in' to do with these at all.

I vouch for that. I took my replacement pair out of the box on Saturday and straight to the course for 18 holes walking and they were still comfy.

I'm looking for some new golf shoes.

I understand you guys were given Callaway shoes, correct? Which ones did you wear and what did you think of them? Were they comfortable? Did they size out big or small? Any comments, both pros and cons would be appreciated.

Thanks
As breezy said we got the Callaway Xtreme shoes. I liked them a lot in Myrtle Beach, no break-in period and they were comfortable. I wore them yesterday for the first time since then, and was reminded of how nice these shoes are. They sized the same as my Adidas and Snake Eyes shoes do. Other than the comfort, the one thing I liked sounds kinda silly, but the laces they put in were just the right size that when you tied them, there wasn't any excess. Very few shoes pick the right length anymore, they are always way too long.

What kinda spikes do they use? Fast twist or Q lock or something else?
I never really know this about shoes until I need to replace the spikes! I guess I should find out!

Back