The 2015 Grandaddy - Chance Of A Lifetime

Grandaddians,
What is your one quirk on the course, that others might struggle with?

For me its that I play very fast. Too fast a lot of times and it can make partners come out of their routine.

Grandaddians,

For me its that I play very fast. Too fast a lot of times and it can make partners come out of their routine.

I think mine is that l can get down on myself sometimes. I try not to let it bother me, but I am super competitive and sometimes I cannot help but to get upset at myself. It doesn't last long, but it does happen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grandaddians,

Probably swearing at myself after bad shots. I try not to do it as much anymore. But I struggle with it and if someone doesn't feel comfortable hearing that they may not enjoy me at times

Love seeing this talk. James and I shared an awesome round and talked a bit about these. He isn't taking them lightly.

James is a good egg. I have had the privilege of playing many rounds and spending lots of time with him. He is one of the most genuine people I know, and I cannot wait to go compete for him

He is a great dude and one hell of a captain. You guys are lucky to have him as a leader. Just as he is lucky to have you guys behind him.

Grandaddians,

You've been playing at a good pace. Staying with the group and just being engaged in the moment. You'll be fine!

Grandaddians,

I'm quirky in general. I guess I like to talk about shots. Sometimes to myself. Get used to it.

I'm quirky in general. I guess I like to talk about shots. Sometimes to myself. Get used to it.
You spelled revolting wrong.

I don't remember anything quirky about you on the golf course…other than getting up and down from everywhere to win holes against me…which is also revolting.

Grandaddians,

Every once in a while I will get really focused on a shot and just get in my own zone. I'm not ignoring anyone and I'll be right back in the thick of it with everyone but at that moment I'm on a commercial break.

You spelled revolting wrong.

I don't remember anything quirky about you on the golf course…other than getting up and down from everywhere to win holes against me…which is also revolting.

Which reminds me. Might need some more practice this weekend.

Grandaddians,

In team events, it's probably asking for a second opinion reading greens. I struggle with this at times, and like to have confirmation, so I ask for help. Other than that, I try to be a helpful and courteous partner.

Grandaddians,

I think my biggest quirk is i'm deliberate with my pre shot routine. It's doesnt slow the group down, but I have a process in my head before each shot I take. A close second would be me talking to myself (good & bad) or my ball.

I have a question: who do you guys want to face on the Zoocrew? Out of the guys you know will be there, who do you want to mix it up against?

I have a question: who do you guys want to face on the Zoocrew? Out of the guys you know will be there, who do you want to mix it up against?

Scroll up a couple of pages buddy, that one was discussed. I think the consensus was anybody.
I would like to face a good mixture. I would love to play with Vellardo because its his first one and the dude is just so excited and happy.

Grandaddians,

It would probably be that I can tend to swear at myself after certain shots. It is only after shots that I know 95 percent of the time I can make but I will do it at times. I try to do it quietly as I don't want to bother my playing partners.

Grandaddians,
Recently I was asked to discuss something about playing in match play with a partner and the competitive/serious/fun dynamic. I believe that one can have all 3 going at the same time, but others struggle with keeping that same thing. If I had to rank the 3 it would go serious/fun/competitive. If I had to further rank the 3 it would be 40/35/25. Where do you stand with the ratio of those three things and please dont say 33.3 across the board. We know that everybody wants to have a good time and win, but every person is different.

Grandaddians,
Recently I was asked to discuss something about playing in match play with a partner and the competitive/serious/fun dynamic. I believe that one can have all 3 going at the same time, but others struggle with keeping that same thing. If I had to rank the 3 it would go serious/fun/competitive. If I had to further rank the 3 it would be 40/35/25. Where do you stand with the ratio of those three things and please dont say 33.3 across the board. We know that everybody wants to have a good time and win, but every person is different.

For me its Competitive/Fun/Serious and I would put that at 50/40/10. I believe strongly that you can be competitive and still have a boat load of fun doing it. THP events are like this. Everyone is competitive and yet it ends up being the funnest 18/36 holes of golf you've ever played.

I'm not discounting the serious part, but I look at it like i'm not a tour pro to be that serious where its all consuming and just takes the competitive/fun nature out of the event. I've been around guys who are too serious and for me it just dragged me down. I will be serious at times, but it doesn't come close for me. I want to be competitive and have fun.

Grandaddians,

Yea I don't want to steal Mikes answer but I have to go a similar direction. I think having a strong bond as teammates, complimenting each other, bouncing shot ideas off each other, maintaining focus with each other that is all apart of the competitive sector and fun sector in my eyes so I'll go 40/40/20 (competitive/fun/serious)

Grandaddians,
I think im struggling to figure out my own definition or serious and competitive. Im very competitive in everything i do, but im not out for blood. Maybe its the lack of competetive/team golf in my life, but i wont sacrifice a good time for the sake of being able to walk away saying i won. In the end its a game, and a game i play because i enjoy playing it. Not because i want to beat someone. Serious? I take everything i do seriously so yes i would say i take competitive golf serious, but again its not something that would stop me from having a good time. Fun? I would think thats up to the person. to some, fun may be winning, fun may just be being a part of the competition. To me its about being able to put all of lifes BS aside and really enjoy the company of the group and just smile at what exactly is happening.

So, i would have to say Serious/Fun/Competetive 35/35/30

Grandaddians,

I do not stand over the ball much at all which means a really quick pace of play from me. Also, I talk to my golf ball a lot and will use my First-Name Middle-Name on myself after poor shots.

Grandaddians,

Fun (40) - Serious (30) - Competitive (30) for me.

I got into golf as an escape from a career in which I had to be in an insanely serious and competitive mode 24/7 (literally 45/45/5 if ranking on the question competitive/serious/fun), golf isn't that for me. It got close to becoming that in the MC and it almost ruined the game for me. Its why I alway said when/if I got the chance to captain something the blend would be the key and reminding people as we have talked about in here form day one, yes, its absolutely a competition, but this is also much much much more than that.

I think im struggling to figure out my own definition or serious and competitive. Im very competitive in everything i do, but im not out for blood. Maybe its the lack of competetive/team golf in my life, but i wont sacrifice a good time for the sake of being able to walk away saying i won. In the end its a game, and a game i play because i enjoy playing it. Not because i want to beat someone. Serious? I take everything i do seriously so yes i would say i take competitive golf serious, but again its not something that would stop me from having a good time. Fun? I would think thats up to the person. to some, fun may be winning, fun may just be being a part of the competition. To me its about being able to put all of lifes BS aside and really enjoy the company of the group and just smile at what exactly is happening.

So, i would have to say Serious/Fun/Competetive 35/35/30

I love this bolded part.

This thread is rock'n the last few days! Lot's can be accomplished still in a few weeks with the golf game so don't put the cruise control on just quite yet! Which brings me to my question to the participants:

If golf was like a relay race, being that one person would hit the tee shot in the 1st leg, another would hit the approach shots into greens and the last would work all the chipping and putting to the hole, which leg would you want to be in as of today. Is it because it's your strength of your game or because of something else?

This thread is rock'n the last few days! Lot's can be accomplished still in a few weeks with the golf game so don't put the cruise control on just quite yet! Which brings me to my question to the participants:

If golf was like a relay race, being that one person would hit the tee shot in the 1st leg, another would hit the approach shots into greens and the last would work all the chipping and putting to the hole, which leg would you want to be in as of today. Is it because it's your strength of your game or because of something else?

Good question.

For me it's either the Driver or chipping/putting. I've worked hard to get those two parts ready to go and I feel very confident with both areas.

I agree on plenty of time. I think people usually put it in cruise control too early for events like this when they are struggling. I also think as players do this, the common thing that comes up is "working on the mental game"...Just something I differ on I guess.

To answer your question, right now it would be the tee shot, because I am hitting the GBB so freaking well. What had always been chipping, has really taken a back seat to off the tee.

Second leg for me. I have spent s ton of time with the irons and find I am doing a pretty good job of hitting GIRs this year

Back