CONTEST Live Update Thread: The Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Wednesday evening we kick off the Victory Cup with Mizuno Golf where two teams battle it out at the home of the Players Championship, TPC Sawgrass. Playing alongside Chris Voshall and Walker Slaton from Mizuno, participants each will be receiving a brand new set of irons along with new wedges to put into play. The winning team will also be taking home a brand new Mizuno putter of their choosing.

Untitled-21-1024x692-2.jpeg

The PrizeJust because you are not with us at TPC Sawgrass does not mean you can’t win. The lucky prediction winner will receive a THP Mystery Box of Awesome. You never know what will be inside, but you can guarantee it will be filled with amazing goodies.

The ContestPick which team you think will win and...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
All in with Team Vosh and @Deebo76 ! Have a blast fellas.

Now this is what I call waking up on a Monday morning. Man on paper Team Slaton looks stacked. However the pops will be devilish to fight through.

Team Vosh in a hard fought close battle!

Just to get the juices flowing...

If we, Team Vosh, win. I will get a Victory Cup or a combo Mizuno/THP tattoo.

Going with Team Vosh due to the Ohio connections of @That post and @AuzzieMatt !! Those 2 plus @Deebo76 and Vosh het the win!

Beat of luck to both teams, and I hope everyone has a blast!!

Awesome!!! Have fun guys!!!!!

Guessing team Vosh will win the cup.

This will be another great follow. Enjoy it fellas!! Can't wait to hear about the 923 lineup.

Team Slaton brings home the Cup.

Last edited:
Now this is what I call waking up on a Monday morning. Man on paper Team Slaton looks stacked. However the pops will be devilish to fight through.

Team Vosh in a hard fought close battle!

Quoting for truth, this was exactly what I was thinking.

I am going with Team Vosh!

(And, I hope everyone has a good time 🔥)

Great to see a new Experience! Seems like just a few seconds since the last one! I enjoy following @That post on his live threads so I will be following Team Vosh for the Mizuno Cup!

Gotta go with my dude @Deebo76 ! Team Vosh will take the W!

Team Slaton for the win!

It’s here!! It’s finally here.

The Victory Cup is going to be amazing and a thread you won’t want to miss. ‘Watch’ this thread, bookmark it, do whatever you have to do to not miss it.
Let’s go!!

I’m going to go with Team Slaton FTW, can’t wait to follow along with this one!

I let the kid pick and he went team Slaton.

Last edited:
Ought to go with the low handicaps on this one. But, my sentimental pick is Team Vosh for the win.

My rationale is influenced by the following:

It has rained a ton this summer in Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, 9 inches in the last few days, and more rain is forecast for the end of the week. Despite very sandy soil in the area and generally good drainage that will allow things to dry out a bit before the event I don’t expect that anyone is going to get much roll on the fairways so it is going to play long.

Mowing is a little behind schedule due to all the rain so the Bermuda rough is very thick and sticky right now. The wet lies will require more consistent ball striking. Easy to hit things fat from the fairway at the moment. The wet sandy soil kind of crumbles and there is very little bounce off the turf compared to when it is drier and firmer.

The greens ought to be more receptive than usual and will reward good shots. The soft conditions should cause approach shots to bite and spin well. Those players that have a good understanding of their carry yardages will have an advantage.

Green speeds are a little slower than normal for this time of year so putts might not break quite as much as you think. The greens are rolling really pure right now.

Playing at sea level in warm humid conditions will also be a factor for some. If the wind kicks up as forecasted it could make things interesting.

Best wishes to all of the participants.

Last edited:
Alright. Here we go. Can't wait for this one to get going.

This is going to be a fantastic follow. Hoping for some amazing views from the course.

I’ll go with Team Slaton in a nail biter!

It’s just about here!!!

My goodness singles to start on the Stadium Course

Quoting for truth, this was exactly what I was thinking.

I am going with Team Vosh!

(And, I hope everyone has a good time 🔥)
I mean then again I don’t think I’ve ever picked correctly so I could be a curse.

Just to get the juices flowing...

If we, Team Vosh, win. I will get a Victory Cup or a combo Mizuno/THP tattoo.
Off the fence early...Team Vosh🌋

Ought to go with the low handicaps on this one. But, my sentimental pick is Team Vosh for the win.

My rationale is influenced by the following:

It has rained a ton this summer in Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia, 9 inches in the last few days, and more rain is forecast for the end of the week. Despite very sandy soil in the area and generally good drainage that will allow things to dry out a bit before the event I don’t expect that anyone is going to get much roll on the fairways so it is going to play long.

Mowing is a little behind schedule due to all the rain so the Bermuda rough is very thick and sticky right now. The wet lies will require more consistent ball striking. Easy to hit things fat from the fairway at the moment. The wet sandy soil kind of crumbles and there is very little bounce off the turf compared to when it is drier and firmer.

The greens ought to be more receptive than usual and will reward good shots. The soft conditions should cause approach shots to bite and spin well. Those players that have a good understanding of their carry yardages will have an advantage.

Green speeds are a little slower than normal for this time of year so putts might not break quite as much as you think. The greens are rolling really pure right now.

Playing at sea level in warm humid conditions will also be a factor for some. If the wind kicks up as forecasted it could make things interesting.

Best wishes to all of the participants.
This local knowledge is GOLD!!! I can’t wait to get a little more when we link up on my way down!!

Team Slaton for the win in the Victory Cup.

Back