Golf shoes have evolved over time, and consumers appear to have shifted their attention from a classic saddle shoe to a more casual ‘street’ design. adidas Golf just introduced a brand new, revolutionary style for ladies that makes the casual shoe look old-school. The adidas Ultra-Light ClimaCool ballerina shoe is changing the way we look at golf footwear yet again.
From the company:
- ultra-light shoe designed for on-the-go golfers who seek playing performance with wear-anywhere styling and versatility.
- Stylish ballerina-inspired ClimaCool mesh upper construction with reinforcement zones for lightweight stability through the swing.
- On/Off course fashion appeal.
- Puremotion outsole features deeper and wider grooves for enhanced flexibility and comfort.
- FitFoam SlowRecovery PU sockliner is engineered to conform to the exact contours of the foot for a customized fit and feel.
The adidas Ultra-Light ClimaCool Ballerina shoes are everything the company claims. They are extremely lightweight and comfortable. They offer the feel of a slipper in the form of a golf shoe. Don’t expect a ton of support in a shoe of this style, but do expect to have little-to-no foot fatigue. The spikeless bottom offers great traction, with little to no fear of slipping or shifting during a swing.
Their mesh design offers a cooling element that allows a breeze to pass through the shoe for a nice cooldown on a warm day. Do not, however, expect to stay dry in the rain. Light dew on the grass won’t cause any moisture to get inside the shoe, but a steady rain will definitely bring about a soggy sock.
The pliability and flexibility of these shoes are what truly make them unique. They are the quintessential travel footwear. They fold up to nothing and will easily fit in any bag. Twisting, turning, bending and rolling will not alter their shape. They will instantly pop back into form and onto your foot.
The adidas Ultra-Light ClimaCool Ballerina shoes will not be for everyone, especially those who prefer a classic style. However, for the on-the-go traveler, recreational golfer, or someone who likes a more laid back style, these might be the perfect fit. These shoes can be found in stores and online now. They are available in three colorways: clear grey / white / bahia mint, mid grey / running white / tribe purple and solar blue / running white / metallic silver. Retail price is $100 USD. For more information please visit the adidas Golf website here.