Cobra Golf Long Tom Driver Preview

FIFY buddy.
How could I forget the F5? It's staring at me from your signature.

Speaking of the F5, I am pretty pumped about having a 5W back in the bag.

How could I forget the F5? It's staring at me from your signature.

Speaking of the F5, I am pretty pumped about having a 5W back in the bag.

It's by far my favorite Mashie dude. It's a hammer and it's reliable and I 100% trust it.

I want a limited edition raw 2w. That would be sick.

It's by far my favorite Mashie dude. It's a hammer and it's reliable and I 100% trust it.
I like hearing that. I hit it well on the range, found it slightly longer off the tee and easier to hit from the turf than the RBZ hybo.

Anyone hit the driver of the deck yet?

So now it goes back to my original question....interest is just because it's a 2w?

Not for me dude. The TEE isn't available in LH. In fact, most strong 3's and 4woods are not.

Long Tom 2W update. Yesterday was its maiden voyage of 9 holes, LOL and Long Tom was more then up to it. I hit the Long Tom on every hole that wasnt a par 3 except the really long par 5 and hit every fairway with it. Now they werent all great shots and 250 yards but a FIR is a FIR. Playing from the short grass is winning. Take holes #2, almost missed it but got it out on the toe but it only went like 170 haha. Since it was in the fairway I hit the Mashie F5 210 onto the green for a 2 putt par. As I get the swing better I cant wait to see what this thing can do. I went out by myself yesterday but by the end of the round it had turned into a foursome. On hole #9 one of the guys says "What is that?" And right after he says that the other two both chime in with something like "Yeah we were wondering what thing was too." So I say "Long Tom 2w b*tches!" They all looked confused and said "who what wood?" The one guy was like "A LONG TOM?" HAHA and then I told them it was made by Cobra which helped get over the Long Tom part. Well, the one guy is hitting a Titleist 910D2 and says he'd like to hit it sometime. So I say now or never because this is my last hole. Dude hits the LT to the exact same spot as his drive but closer to the FW by 10 yards. He's pondering one today.

Long Tom 2W update. Yesterday was its maiden voyage of 9 holes, LOL and Long Tom was more then up to it. I hit the Long Tom on every hole that wasnt a par 3 except the really long par 5 and hit every fairway with it. Now they werent all great shots and 250 yards but a FIR is a FIR. Playing from the short grass is winning. Take holes #2, almost missed it but got it out on the toe but it only went like 170 haha. Since it was in the fairway I hit the Mashie F5 210 onto the green for a 2 putt par. As I get the swing better I cant wait to see what this thing can do. I went out by myself yesterday but by the end of the round it had turned into a foursome. On hole #9 one of the guys says "What is that?" And right after he says that the other two both chime in with something like "Yeah we were wondering what thing was too." So I say "Long Tom 2w b*tches!" They all looked confused and said "who what wood?" The one guy was like "A LONG TOM?" HAHA and then I told them it was made by Cobra which helped get over the Long Tom part. Well, the one guy is hitting a Titleist 910D2 and says he'd like to hit it sometime. So I say now or never because this is my last hole. Dude hits the LT to the exact same spot as his drive but closer to the FW by 10 yards. He's pondering one today.

BOOM!!!! I love it KMAC!

BOOM!!!! I love it KMAC!

Its legit bro. Interesting enough it was a lot straighter then I thought it would be too. Just aimed a little to the left and it faded right into the middle.

Its legit bro. Interesting enough it was a lot straighter then I thought it would be too. Just aimed a little to the left and it faded right into the middle.

time to add the driver! hehe

time to add the driver! hehe

Now you've gone too far Dean. lol Plus it wont even fit in the back seat of my car and until I find a lava lake to drive it into Im stuck with it for a few years.

That scenario is the exact reason I want the LT2W.

Glad it was finding the fairways for ya, Kmac. It sure does look badass.

Being in the short grass is quite important to me, as it should be to the bulk of the golfing community. If this thing helps you achieve that, then that's fantastic. My LT2 ponder is strong, and I'm literally waiting on a few phone calls before taking care of business. I love the idea of having something to pull from the bag when the driver is acting up. And if we're all honest, we all have those days.

Being in the short grass is quite important to me, as it should be to the bulk of the golfing community. If this thing helps you achieve that, then that's fantastic. My LT2 ponder is strong, and I'm literally waiting on a few phone calls before taking care of business. I love the idea of having something to pull from the bag when the driver is acting up. And if we're all honest, we all have those days.

this is the internet dude. My driver never acts up.

I have them all the time. Kmac, what do you see in terms of difference in distance between the LT2W and the Mashie F3 off the tee?

this is the internet dude. My driver never acts up.

I know, right? And unlike the CMB fan boys, I'm actually going to pull the trigger. Imagine that.

I know, right? And unlike the CMB fan boys, I'm actually going to pull the trigger. Imagine that.
I know someone who is in the process of OEMing the CMBs.

I know someone who is in the process of OEMing the CMBs.

Really? That's fantastic. I thought for sure some would've been on order already.

If I could afford the CMB's straight up.. BOOM.

Dude, you all are making such a good point with being in the short grass. My set up now has allowed for that and its nothing short of awesome. Such a relief of stress not to worry and I reckon this 2w does the same like you guys have said.

TC, do not make me OEM CMB's just to spite you!!! This guy isn't the one to test. :alien:

So is the general consensus that the LTD sucks and the LT2W is a solid performer.

Tapping and crashing with the new updated/downgraded Tapatalk.

hahahaha, I'm just messing around. Colt, I have no idea if the 2wood is better or not, I've never hit either. I just don't see myself getting along with the driver, but who knows. I'll more than likely never try it. I just like the idea of the 2wood. It could suck for me for sure.

Nice thoughts Kmac. Do you think there is anything different between the LT2W and say an older driver that has a smaller head

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Back