Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

See... that's what's holding back your monster drives. It's the most important meal for growing boys. :wink:

Haha, that would be steroids in my case. On my way out to unleash that monster right now .... "Oh yeah...170 right down the middle" haha

217 I thought??? That might be with a tail wind I guess.

253 today, oh yeah! haha. I may be in traction tomorrow, but I hit a nice one on hole number 4 today. I'm ready for the Midwest, even though I'll be behind all you guys all day. Heck, thats the only way I recognize you anymore, haha

Nice drive, Duey!

Thanks hawk, no idea what happened. Might have hit a sprinkler head or two, haha

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

You and I are similar in swing speed and I've been able to get a couple out there like that. Those drives make my day.

Just catching up with this thread, as I haven't been on much lately. How many guys do you all have? I haven't swung a club since June, so it might not but pretty, so if you don't mind a true hacker, I might be able to make it out...9th and 10th right? I'll have to get to the range this weekend and see how it goes before making a decision :smile:

Just catching up with this thread, as I haven't been on much lately. How many guys do you all have? I haven't swung a club since June, so it might not but pretty, so if you don't mind a true hacker, I might be able to make it out...9th and 10th right? I'll have to get to the range this weekend and see how it goes before making a decision :smile:
YEP! 9th and 10th indeed, we'd love to have you cwill!

I'm going to start a running total of who we've got, help me out if my list is a little off.

Bulldog
cwill
Duey
Dirt_Guy
Dano
DakotaGolfer
Puttin4Bird

There is 7, we should be able to at least squeeze one more out right? I know Dano has some neighbor buddies who have been wanting him to play golf so I took the liberty of telling him to have them join us, still not sure if they are or not. We've got another buddy from Sioux Falls that may be interested, we could likely talk him into joining THP as well. So add to the list and let's start getting some control over this baby, we can get tee times this weekend and really start making stuff official.

Decision??? WTH man, this is Hackers Paradise. We have fun or we don't do it, and you came in with that last time, but played like a champ, haha. Can't wait to see you cwill, it's gonna be a blast.

Not sure it's a good idea to have all those SD people invade Nebraska. We need a big fence, haha. They may try to steal all our corn.

Quick update, it sounds like DakotaGolfer is listed as Doubtful at this point. He is working on it but I talked to his wife today and was too scared to even try to change her mind. I'm listing him as out but I know he's going to fight tooth and nail to make it.

Quick update, it sounds like DakotaGolfer is listed as Doubtful at this point. He is working on it but I talked to his wife today and was too scared to even try to change her mind. I'm listing him as out but I know he's going to fight tooth and nail to make it.

Wow, thats too bad. You two big guy's are both scared of her? hahahaha. Hope it works out for him, Dakotagolfer was a blast last time. Do we even have a course set up yet?

Do we have tee times yet? Nebraska doesn't have a game that weekend, so we don't have that to help limit the course action, but it usually quiets down this time of year anyways. I didn't get to the range this weekend, but figure if i'm shankin every shot it'll still be a good time with my fellow THP'ers.

We'll get that setup right away tomorrow, most places won't let you get tee times more than 7 days in advance so thats why I didn't think it was too big of a deal.

And yes Duey, I am scared of her, just like I'm scared of my wife especially when I told her I was going on another overnight golf trip. Luckily for me this time around I'm going to be bringing one of my daughters so that she can spend time with Dano's daughter while I'm there, that is my ONLY thing I've got going in my favor. She is going to be so happy when snow flies. I'll be bawling and my wife will be celebrating the fact that she has a husband again....or wait, will she be? Hmmmmm....

We'll get that setup right away tomorrow, most places won't let you get tee times more than 7 days in advance so thats why I didn't think it was too big of a deal.

And yes Duey, I am scared of her, just like I'm scared of my wife especially when I told her I was going on another overnight golf trip. Luckily for me this time around I'm going to be bringing one of my daughters so that she can spend time with Dano's daughter while I'm there, that is my ONLY thing I've got going in my favor. She is going to be so happy when snow flies. I'll be bawling and my wife will be celebrating the fact that she has a husband again....or wait, will she be? Hmmmmm....

Good stuff P4B. Sounds like you have a very understanding wife. That is why I haven't played golf at all since June and haven't been on THP recently - I didn't have an understanding wife, and I'm currently going through divorce. It's all good though, and I can't wait to get out with you guys next weekend. I'm looking forward to it, even if I'm hacking it like crazy.

Haha, Liz is a little too good about that stuff. If she would say no once in a while I might have a bank account left.

Good stuff P4B. Sounds like you have a very understanding wife. That is why I haven't played golf at all since June and haven't been on THP recently - I didn't have an understanding wife, and I'm currently going through divorce. It's all good though, and I can't wait to get out with you guys next weekend. I'm looking forward to it, even if I'm hacking it like crazy.
A couple of rounds of golf will do you some good it sounds like! I am glad you're on board buddy!

Updated list:
Bulldog
cwill
Duey
Dirt_Guy
Dano
DakotaGolfer
Puttin4Bird
6 right now, I'm not completely prepared to remove DakotaGolfer just yet but I'll just cross his name off for now. I'll likely hear something mid week on him. Anyone else to add to the list? I'll check with Dano on his neighbors and I'll check with our buddy from here to see if he's going to make the trek down with me. More updates to come!

Another update, more bad news. I'm 100% unable to make it for Saturday's round and I just spoke to Dano, he is also unable to make it on Saturday. We are both able to play Sunday for sure so I thought I'd come back here and post this info and leave it up to you guys whether or not you want to continue with the plan or if it would make more sense for you all to find another location to meet up that would be less travel for everyone.

If you stick with plans to go to Omaha we'll both join you for a round on Sunday (I'm not sure what this does to DakotaGolfer's chances but I'll check with him. I just can't slide out on Saturday at all, it would be really selfish of me and while my wife wouldn't divorce me she sure would have every right to be upset and I don't blame her.

Decide what you guys will do and let us know, if you need us make tee times for you or do anything to help out we're here to help.

Sorry guys, but I just have to make this decision with the best interest of my family in mind.

waitting on what Duey, Dirt & Cwill decide
. I could use money for either the TM R9460 or the 430 w/wieght ports instead of travel. tuff call

I hate to say it but I'm kinda pending right now. My truck is going to the body shop tomorrow morning (courtesy of a deer and part ordering complications) and they say I could have it back Friday afternoon at the earliest. I'd jump on the motorcycle for the trip but the clubs don't pack too well for a 9 hour ride.

Duey, you might want to look into someplace to stay just incase.

Wow, I hate it when a plan don't come together. I'm still up for it if you are CWill, lol. Just let me know if you are still in or not and we can make a t-time. Bulldog and Dirt, it's your call guy's, I promice not to post anymore bathtub pic's, haha.

I'm still open for either or both days in Omaha, however I completely understand for those who have to travel, that it might not make sense for a get together that is now down to a couple guys, especially with how money is tight for many folks - and some of you just had a nice FL trip.

And definitely no sweat P4B, family is definitely top priority.

Yeah it's sounding kinda tough on everyone, seems like there is a lot going on everywhere these days. Maybe it's a good idea to hold off on this in an effort to be sure to stay in good graces to be able to get the Midwest and THP outing in next summer. No point in overdoing it and upsetting the little lady.

Back