Odyssey Ai One Cruiser Putters

I’ve got $450 in gift cards burning a hole in my pocket and a cruiser is really tempting me

I’ve got $450 in gift cards burning a hole in my pocket and a cruiser is really tempting me
angry fox tv GIF by Lucifer

Should start seeing people with these in hand this week. I am looking forward to the feedback. Still hoping to get some time with the JB Cruiser.

Should start seeing people with these in hand this week. I am looking forward to the feedback. Still hoping to get some time with the JB Cruiser.

Hoping to get out on the course this weekend and try mine out!

35" Odyssey 2-Ball Ten Triple Track (Dang, that is a mouthful)

This guy:

View attachment 9247753
Ok, so a bigger shape won't be anything new to you, but the length will be. That's what I was looking for. I'm really curious if there's much of a learning curve.

Ok, so a bigger shape won't be anything new to you, but the length will be. That's what I was looking for. I'm really curious if there's much of a learning curve.

I have had mine in the house for a couple of weeks now, rolling it on the carpet. The length feels good when I grip down - and WAY back when I used the Tank Cruiser, so I think I will adjust, but I am not expecting it to happen in my first round

I have had mine in the house for a couple of weeks now, rolling it on the carpet. The length feels good when I grip down - and WAY back when I used the Tank Cruiser, so I think I will adjust, but I am not expecting it to happen in my first round
Cool. I wouldn't be surprised to see some good things out of the gate. New putters can be like that. We need some W Clark magic out of you.

Cool. I wouldn't be surprised to see some good things out of the gate. New putters can be like that. We need some W Clark magic out of you.

I would certainly take some Clark magic!

Putting was easily (per shot scope) the weakest part of my game last year, so if I can improve there, I should see the handicap drop

Where are you gripping it?

Where are you gripping it?

I have been messing around anywhere from like 3-4" down.

I have considered putting a little line or dot on the putter as a reminder and maybe experimenting in a couple of rounds with different positions to see what I ultimately like the best.

I have been messing around anywhere from like 3-4" down.

I have considered putting a little line or dot on the putter as a reminder and maybe experimenting in a couple of rounds with different positions to see what I ultimately like the best.
I grip them typically a little lower than expected for longer putts. Shorter putts, I tend to stand a bit more upright and grip it higher.

I grip them typically a little lower than expected for longer putts. Shorter putts, I tend to stand a bit more upright and grip it higher.

That is good information!

If you had to guess - how far down for each of the scenarios you outlined? I know we likely won't be apples to apples - but given your fondness for these types of putters, it might be a good starting point!

That is good information!

If you had to guess - how far down for each of the scenarios you outlined? I know we likely won't be apples to apples - but given your fondness for these types of putters, it might be a good starting point!
I can get some actual measurements when I get home this evening, however, on the longer putts, I would say there is a solid 4" of grip extending out the back of my hands, so holding it at the top of a 34" putter. On the shorter putts, only about 2" of grip extending out of my hands, holding right around the top of a 36" putter.

When I played shorter putters, 34"-35", I gripped all the way at the butt end. When moving to a longer putter, I kept my hands in the same position, and let the grip extend through to really exaggerate the counterbalanced pendulum effect.

I can get some actual measurements when I get home this evening, however, on the longer putts, I would say there is a solid 4" of grip extending out the back of my hands, so holding it at the top of a 34" putter. On the shorter putts, only about 2" of grip extending out of my hands, holding right around the top of a 36" putter.

When I played shorter putters, 34"-35", I gripped all the way at the butt end. When moving to a longer putter, I kept my hands in the same position, and let the grip extend through to really exaggerate the counterbalanced pendulum effect.

Ya that resonates with me in terms of the 'longer putts' - I hadn't given any thought to changing where I gripped it for shorter putts - If you had to explain it, why do you think you change hand placement on shorter putts? Feel like you don't necessarily 'need' the stability that comes with that more pronounced CB effect? Something else?

Ya that resonates with me in terms of the 'longer putts' - I hadn't given any thought to changing where I gripped it for shorter putts - If you had to explain it, why do you think you change hand placement on shorter putts? Feel like you don't necessarily 'need' the stability that comes with that more pronounced CB effect? Something else?
On my longer putts, I typically grip lower in an effort to control the face (prevent it from opening up) and focus on a solid follow through. On the shorter putts, I grip a touch higher and really just let the weight of the club and the weight of the backend do the work. Shorter putts, obviously arent as tricky as the longer ones, and I typically just rely on a smooth takeaway and follow through which allows the putter to do it's job. Essentially, I am just guiding the putter on shorter putts.

Does that make sense? That was really difficult to put in to words.

On my longer putts, I typically grip lower in an effort to control the face (prevent it from opening up) and focus on a solid follow through. On the shorter putts, I grip a touch higher and really just let the weight of the club and the weight of the backend do the work. Shorter putts, obviously arent as tricky as the longer ones, and I typically just rely on a smooth takeaway and follow through which allows the putter to do it's job. Essentially, I am just guiding the putter on shorter putts.

Does that make sense? That was really difficult to put in to words.

It makes total sense. Thank You

Odyssey/Toulon are putting out some great putters. I have an "O" Works Tank #7 counterbalanced putter, which I was fit for in Carlsbad back in 2016. Despite how great some of these new putters look, I don't see myself replacing my putter anytime soon.

Odyssey/Toulon are putting out some great putters. I have an "O" Works Tank #7 counterbalanced putter, which I was fit for in Carlsbad back in 2016. Despite how great some of these new putters look, I don't see myself replacing my putter anytime soon.
Still one of my go-to's. Love that putter.

Rolled the Ai One Jailbird today. Can't talk enough about much I like the insert on the Ai Ones--just superb feel and feedback. The putter felt too light for me and didn't get the consistency I was expecting out of it. The store happened to have a Versa Jailbird 380 and I much preferred the heavier of that. It was used so not sure if it was standard or not with the weight, but if I could combine the weight of the 380 with the Ai One insert, it would be ideal.

Jailbird Cruiser arrived today. 1st round tomorrow. Easy to line up in the house, we will see. Anyone know what the weights are in the bottom? 10 each?

Back