Wilson Staff Ci11 Irons - PGA Show Video

I played 18 today. I have discovered that my miss with any of the Ci11s is a high fade that falls 10-15 yards shorter than it should. I can live with that. Ik pretty sure that may also be swing related.

One other takeaway from today, the Ci11 4-iron is longer than my Rescue 11 4-hybrid.

Impressive! How's the * difference?

Impressive! How's the * difference?

The Rescue 11 is 2* stronger. I am not pulling or hooking the ball as much with the Ci11. That is probably swing related, but I am hitting the 4-iron much better than I usually hit the hybrid.

The Rescue 11 is 2* stronger. I am not pulling or hooking the ball as much with the Ci11. That is probably swing related, but I am hitting the 4-iron much better than I usually hit the hybrid.

Nice that it's working so well for you anyway :)

I attended the local pro shop's "demo days" this weekend with all the big name brands in golf. Of all the irons that I tried, the Ci11s were easily the most forgiving. My swing is not in great shape right now because I haven't played all winter but I consistently hit these well. They are truly a great looking set. The sales rep took time to show me the set make-up and how the fybrid could be incorporated into the set as well in place of long irons. These will definitely stay on my wish list!

I attended the local pro shop's "demo days" this weekend with all the big name brands in golf. Of all the irons that I tried, the Ci11s were easily the most forgiving. My swing is not in great shape right now because I haven't played all winter but I consistently hit these well. They are truly a great looking set. The sales rep took time to show me the set make-up and how the fybrid could be incorporated into the set as well in place of long irons. These will definitely stay on my wish list!
Glad you got a chance to hit them, they are a good set, and I find them incredibly easy to hit. Which of the long irons did he say to replace with the fybrid? I have used the 4iron a bit from the tee, not yet off the fairway, so possibly there for me. But, I hit the 5iron quite well, and dont think I would want it out of the bag.

I actually hit the 4I just fine and the set makeup that you're gaming is what he recommended for me. He just mentioned the fybrids as an option for the 4 and 5 irons for those that prefer them. I compare the Ci11 to my old Cobra S9 2008 set when they were introduced- beautiful clubs with plenty of built in forgiveness. I just need to play more before I'm ready to switch from my current GI iron set.

Once a great bearded man who people called FLTC said WWTVD (What would Techno Viking do)? Today that question is answered.

Techno Viking is joining the black mamba club! Order for a 5-PW set with black/red ndmc grips have been placed and i'm psyched! What finally made me decide on these since i've been leaning towards the VR_S forged with c-tapers? First of all honestly it was the price. The amount of club you get with these is fantastic! I got to test the Ci11 outdoors for the first time today and really liked the ball flight of the True Temper TX Flighted shaft. I had a carry about 160-165yards with the 7iron and that is a big improvement for me compared to the Burners i now have placed in the garage. The VR_S with C-tapers went a bit too low in real life for my taste (even though i was killing it #'s on a trackman) and didnt like the standard Nippon shaft, felt to light for me even in stiff. But this also shows the importance of trying them outdoors so you can see the ball flight! I also pondered the i20:s but i honestly liked the feel of the Ci11's better and wasnt blown away by the i20:s as many others.

Once a great bearded man who people called FLTC said WWTVD (What would Techno Viking do)? Today that question is answered.

Techno Viking is joining the black mamba club! Order for a 5-PW set with black/red ndmc grips have been placed and i'm psyched! What finally made me decide on these since i've been leaning towards the VR_S forged with c-tapers? First of all honestly it was the price. The amount of club you get with these is fantastic! I got to test the Ci11 outdoors for the first time today and really liked the ball flight of the True Temper TX Flighted shaft. I had a carry about 160-165yards with the 7iron and that is a big improvement for me compared to the Burners i now have placed in the garage. The VR_S with C-tapers went a bit too low in real life for my taste (even though i was killing it #'s on a trackman) and didnt like the standard Nippon shaft, felt to light for me even in stiff. But this also shows the importance of trying them outdoors so you can see the ball flight! I also pondered the i20:s but i honestly liked the feel of the Ci11's better and wasnt blown away by the i20:s as many others.
Welcome to the Dark Side, flix! You're going to love them, solid set of irons, and these bad boys are looong.

Look at the OG of Vikings go!!! Congrats on your purchase flix. They really do shine outdoors don't they? And think of all that money you saved, you might as well buy yourself a Fybrid to keep the Black Mamba's comfortable. Looking forward to your pics and thoughts once you get them buddy!!

So tempted to join this club. Argh. I'm not going to go back and reread this thread because I know what that will do to me.

Welcome to the Dark Side, flix! You're going to love them, solid set of irons, and these bad boys are looong.

Cheers! :)

Look at the OG of Vikings go!!! Congrats on your purchase flix. They really do shine outdoors don't they? And think of all that money you saved, you might as well buy yourself a Fybrid to keep the Black Mamba's comfortable. Looking forward to your pics and thoughts once you get them buddy!!

Yes they do and they feel soooo good with a good and proper swing! I actually ordered two Mashies. Have longed for them so long i couldn't take it anymore. A M+3 and M+4 :) And all this i got for the same amount of $$ i would have had to pay for the VR_S with C-tapers. I'm glad i waited!

I'm still tempted as well, but I keep telling myself not to buy without testing and fitting.

I'm still tempted as well, but I keep telling myself not to buy without testing and fitting.

Good thinking! I hope the issue with getting to try them will solve soon. I'm like Kmac, standard boy in lenght and lie so i just ordered after i hit them outdoors today

First off, it wasn't a little-ish guy named Paul was it?
We had a W/S demo here last night and although it started slow, the range filled up QUICK once people started hammering out shot after shot. I agree that the Ci11s are super easy to get going and watched more than half a dozen people very seriously ponder, if not buy, them right on the spot.

hey guys I had chance to swing these at my local Golf Town and boy was I impressed, if it wasn't for you guys I would have never even considered these. The question I have is how do these compare to the Burner 2.0's in terms of forgiveness?

I think that's the smart thing to do man.

hey guys I had chance to swing these at my local Golf Town and boy was I impressed, if it wasn't for you guys I would have never even considered these. The question I have is how do these compare to the Burner 2.0's in terms of forgiveness?

I think the Ci11's are more forgiving simply b/c they seem a little longer from heel to toe. Both really awesome irons but I think war.eagle would agree with me that the 11's are probably more forgiving.

I think the Ci11's are more forgiving simply b/c they seem a little longer from heel to toe. Both really awesome irons but I think war.eagle would agree with me that the 11's are probably more forgiving.[/QUOTE]

Thanks TC, I appreciate the quick response.

Any time man. I had the 2.0 for a while, they're awesome too, but the 11's are just a better all around iron for me. Sleeker, as long, more forgiving, and I think they look better.

I was choosing between the 2.0's and ci11's when I bought mine. I thought that if I really stepped on one, I could hit it further with the 2.0's, but on normal swings I didn't notice any distance differences between the 2 irons. Maybe this is due to the lighter stock shafts in the 2.0's? I agree with TC re the ci11's being more forgiving due to the long heel to toe measurement. At address tgey dont look large though, even in chrome (asian market gets the chrome ones). I think also they are very forgiving out of the toe, which is my miss when I get tired. I find that toe hits put me say on the front edge of the green rather than in the middle if that's where I was aiming.

I was taking a lesson yesterday with the Pro at my home course. He's a Turdleist staffer. He was amazed at the Ci11s. Both in look and performance. He really liked the sound at impact. He called it "buttery".

I was taking a lesson yesterday with the Pro at my home course. He's a Turdleist staffer. He was amazed at the Ci11s. Both in look and performance. He really liked the sound at impact. He called it "buttery".

Oh, there's that mythical word, LOL! But for a Turdleist staffer to call a W/S CAST iron "buttery" speaks volumes about these.

I think that's the smart thing to do man.

I think the Ci11's are more forgiving simply b/c they seem a little longer from heel to toe. Both really awesome irons but I think war.eagle would agree with me that the 11's are probably more forgiving.

I sold my 2.0s to get these. I really liked the 2.0s, but always had issues with then being erratic at times. I find the 11s to be much more consistent and accurate, especially with a slight miss. Plus, the 11s are every bit as long as the 2.0s for me.

Take what annoyed me of the 2.0s, improve that, and you will have the Ci11s.

Spent some serious time on the range today before my round at Grand Cypress, spent some time working on my swing and setup with the 7iron. Needless to say, my 7iron has lost a good bit of the black finish on the leading edge and bottom of the club. It's like that first scratch on a new car, you know its going to happen sooner or later, but just want it to stay perfect. Will snap a picture later.

Spent some serious time on the range today before my round at Grand Cypress, spent some time working on my swing and setup with the 7iron. Needless to say, my 7iron has lost a good bit of the black finish on the leading edge and bottom of the club. It's like that first scratch on a new car, you know its going to happen sooner or later, but just want it to stay perfect. Will snap a picture later.

Would love to see the wear on the 7i, especially after cleaning. I don't think it would matter to me ultimately, but I'd love to see what I will be potentially purchasing in the future.

Would love to see the wear on the 7i, especially after cleaning. I don't think it would matter to me ultimately, but I'd love to see what I will be potentially purchasing in the future.
Will go snap a picture for ya.

Back