Today, Cleveland Golf is announcing the two newest additions to its 588 line of irons. This set is called 588 TT and it’s designed to fit seamlessly into a mixed set with either the 588 Altitude or MT irons. Golfers will now have the option to build a set of irons with continuity in loft and lie that fits their needs in both looks and performance from the top to the bottom of the bag. These three lines will be complimented by the performance driven 588 Forged CB and MB irons.
TT stands for Tour Trajectory and Cleveland is categorizing this set as geared between experienced players and those wanting game improvement irons.
- All irons available in RH and LH
- Available stock with Traction 85 steel shaft or ActionLite 55 graphite.
- 588 Lamkin Grip
- Irons and lofts:
- 3 iron – 19°
- 4 iron – 21°
- 5 iron – 24°
- 6 iron – 27°
- 7 iron – 31°
- 8 iron – 35°
- 9 iron – 39°
- PW – 44°
- DW – 49°
- SW – 54°
Cleveland is categorizing the various performance qualities of the 588 TT irons under three headings – Flight, Forgiveness, and Feel.
- Engineered for Tour Trajectory – Constant blade height with progressive blade length promotes more forgiveness in long irons and controlled, penetrating trajectory in short irons.
- Engineered Undercut – Modest cavity back with engineered undercut improves ball speed and accuracy on off-center hits.
- Face Forged Technology – Every iron has a forged club face to enhance ball speed and feel.
- Vibration Dampening – Multi-material insert of polymer and aluminum in iron plaque dampens vibration at impact for more consistent feel.
- Fully Customizable – Part of the 588 Irons Family, Tour Trajectory Irons can be easily interchanged with 588 Mid Trajectory and Altitude Irons to customize a set with the perfect combination of ball flight, feel, and forgiveness.