BBQ and Outdoor Cooking Thread

Love it dude. Next time, quick tip. Cut the wings off the drums and remove the wing tip. Then put rub on and let go for an hour low and slow (about 275). Take off reseason and then back on for another 30 minutes. Take off, sauce and then back on for 10 minutes to crisp.

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

BBQ & Smoking Food Thread

Didn't even think of doing that. Well poop, guess I'll just have to make these again for dinner one night

Looks good wardy, post up the end result!

3eef8aee8486a8744082b7162790ceb1.jpg

Hello friends
Those look good. I did not know you had a kimodo

Looks good wardy, post up the end result!

I can't, they didn't make it to the end photos. Closed off air and put sauce on them the last 10min. Freakin good and crispy skin, which means they're perfect

Those look good. I did not know you had a kimodo

Akorn, but does the same and does it well

Did some drummies and flats on short notice....

20150509_181129_zpsabdtw1hq.jpg

JM

Did some drummies and flats on short notice....

20150509_181129_zpsabdtw1hq.jpg

JM

Those look good. The constant threat of rain from this tropical storm has kept me from firing up the smoker this weekend.

TBD looking good.

Looking good.

28afa99ed399c3292e60473c3392d0f2.jpg

Decisions to be made. Not sure about pricing but this is a sweet set up.

That is similar to the setup of my Kamado Joe. Good looking grill.

Wings fresh off the Kamado

efeb5d4115c8c50f6d0d132b9c3583c7.jpg

Walked into Bj's the other day and they had the Vision Kamado for $599 right as I walked in. Still on the fence of whether or not to get it.

Kev, you can't go wrong with #BGE I have had mine since 2006 and it's still as good today as it was when it was new.
I think #BGE is what Callaway is to golf

Walked into Bj's the other day and they had the Vision Kamado for $599 right as I walked in. Still on the fence of whether or not to get it.

That price is solid. Its the basic setup, but comes with what you need and unlike a few other brands, you do not need to immediately spend more money on other items. For $599 you get the same interior as every other brand out there and for the most part the same grill.

that's exactly what I have. I absolutely love it. flavor is unreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moving back down to Florida cost me my grill and smoker. God I can't wait to get out of my apt and into a place where I can have something like this again. In do time I suppose.

Moving back down to Florida cost me my grill and smoker. God I can't wait to get out of my apt and into a place where I can have something like this again. In do time I suppose.

Can you set up shop in your parking lot or in a common area? You could go with the small Weber SM or something like the cheapo Master Forge at Lowe's.

Or, how about an electric? Technically that isn't an open flame so you might be able to get away with it if you have a balcony.

Can you set up shop in your parking lot or in a common area? You could go with the small Weber SM or something like the cheapo Master Forge at Lowe's.

Or, how about an electric? Technically that isn't an open flame so you might be able to get away with it if you have a balcony.

Sadley no. My apt is second floor that does not have a balcony so electric is out of the question. The only way I could have a grill or smoker here is if I had a first floor apt. Problem is then I don't have a washer or dryer and my wife said that was not happening. I have to wait till Febuary when our lease is up here, sell my house in CT and buy a place in Tampa.

I'm new on here and I will have to take some time to read through this thread. I have a Weber SM 22.5 and have been smoking for about 3 years now. I keep that grill at my gf's house and have a small Traegar pellet grill at me and my son's house. Have smoked ribs, chicken, turkey, prime rib, double smoked spiral ham, tri-tip among other things. If you want a lot of friends, buy a smoker.

Have a 8 lb Pork butt in the Egg for pulled pork tomorrow for the family , been going for 8 hrs so far. Maybe 4 more hours and it should be perfect. Love the egg, put it in and do the yard work, make a club (and drink beer)

Best you can buy.

Yep. Have one for my house, one for my girlfriend's house, and bought my mom one. Not cheap, but a high quality product that gives you the temperature fast.

Have a 8 lb Pork butt in the Egg for pulled pork tomorrow for the family , been going for 8 hrs so far. Maybe 4 more hours and it should be perfect. Love the egg, put it in and do the yard work, make a club (and drink beer)

I'm going easy this weekend. Probably just do some tri-tips.

Back