Thoughts on orange whip?

Wasn't it amazing?? Instant gratification with this thing!

Does this help with strengthening the core? I think someone in an earlier post mentioned it helped his back pain.

Does this help with strengthening the core? I think someone in an earlier post mentioned it helped his back pain.

I could definitely see it helping the core if you were incorporate this into a normal work out routine. I'm sure there's more than just swinging it as far as beneficial exercises with it go as well.

According to their website, it has a couple of nice benefits.

- Simulates Driver motion. Recommended Whip for Core Fitness and Flexibility.
• Ideal Whip for Balance and Tempo enhancement.

...honestly I'm intrigued. Can't wait to continue reading the reviews. I need to take a second look at my buddy Jake's thoughts.

I cannot wait for mine to arrive. I'm excited

...honestly I'm intrigued. Can't wait to continue reading the reviews. I need to take a second look at my buddy Jake's thoughts.

Tweeked the back this weekend. All this winter inactivity is making me brittle. Final kick in the pants I needed to get the OW or SKLZ.
Just want to make sure the two are on par. If the OW is that much better I will spend the extra for it.

Tweeked the back this weekend. All this winter inactivity is making me brittle. Final kick in the pants I needed to get the OW or SKLZ.
Just want to make sure the two are on par. If the OW is that much better I will spend the extra for it.

Sounds like the counter balance is a real difference maker. If it's more than just a training aid, and actually helps to build core stability, balance, flexibility, etc -- I am definitely interested!

Interesting training aide for sure. I like that you have to keep your wrist hinge in order to hear the swoosh sound after impact, that's a good thing. I saw their ball first training aid and that looks like a solid one too. My only (mild) concern with this training aid is that you start to ingrain a swing that start to stand up as you swing. Watching the video, the guy starts with a good setup and then when he swing down through impact he is going pretty vertical as to not hit the ground. His hands come way up from start position, and that's not something you want to get started doing.

It's a minor thing, I know, but overall I like this training aid for warming up and keeping your wrist hinge.

Swung this at Golfsmith during the lunch break--interested in the shorter version as it may be useable in the hotel rooms (travel for work)--could likely still bend it in to carry on size.

Heard great stuff about thus aid.would love to see some of u guys do,a video using it. I'm still on the shelf on this one...but very interested

Heard great stuff about thus aid.would love to see some of u guys do,a video using it. I'm still on the shelf on this one...but very interested

There are quite a few videos on their website showing drills and such

The Orange Whip had been on must try list for a while. Had the wife get me one for Christmas, but really have not had the chance to mess with it. Hoping the weather warms here soon, as I want to at least get out in the yard and start giving this a workout.

Dan I love this thing. The flexibility is already improving. I am swinging it both right handed and left handed and it is loosing me up. I also love the tempo you can get with it. I am using it daily. heck i brought it on the road with me.

Just got my orange whip and I am just started using it. Feel like I am not using it correctly because it' hard to keep consistently swinging it. I feel like I want to stop after my swing through and my setup isn't right when I take it back for another swing. Guess Ill try and figure it out through youtube.

The strange thing is I saw one today, ran home to search it on THP and it was a current thread :/ Awesome.....I might actually have to look further into the investment on a OW...Has anyone seen benefits on the course?

I have one that I haven't used in a while. I might mess with it some this weekend. The thing that I liked most about it, or the thing that I think benefited me the most, is that it's near impossible to "cast" from the top of your swing with it, and an early release is one of my more prominent swing faults.

It's the best training tool imo. The thing I noticed is if I take 5 good rips with it and immediately pick up my club I usually put a good swing on the ball and ball is struck pretty well...the next shot is usually hit or miss. What this proves is how inconsistent my personal swing is and that the ow does help. Now if I could just get a full round of swinging like the ow I would be pumped. ..lol

I'm having a hard time deciding between the regular orange whip trainer and the orange whip gold. Will I see improvements in both my driver swing and iron swing with the regular orange whip trainer or would I be better off going with the gold to help my iron swing and hopefully my driver swing as well. Thanks guys, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

I got the 44" and the 38". Great for timing and warm up. I like having both sizes as you can feel the adjustment of wedge style smooth swing. Sometimes its easy to think smooth swing on long woods, but I need it on wedge play too for better control.

I'm having a hard time deciding between the regular orange whip trainer and the orange whip gold. Will I see improvements in both my driver swing and iron swing with the regular orange whip trainer or would I be better off going with the gold to help my iron swing and hopefully my driver swing as well. Thanks guys, any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
Same question I have!!!

I have been using the regular OW for a year now. I personally am happy with the regular OW because I can take a normal grip to work on my driver swing or I can choke down to work on my iron swing. I definitely think it was worth the investment. My tempo dramatically improved throughout the year as well as my core strength. I also think it helps you make a more connected swing, you can really feel the difference between a connected swing with your body and swinging with your arms.

This is exactly what I have been wanting to know.

I am definitely going to purchase one, but I wanted to see the main difference between the 48" and the 40" besides one being similar to a driver and one to an iron.

I purchased the 44 inch version based on the recommendations from the thread. I had used a momentus in the past because I thought it helped me practice keeping my swing on plane. Having used the orange whip for a few days now, I think the OW is far superior. It really is a great product. I decided to go with the short version to more simulate my irons, which is where I wanted to focus. Highly recommended.

Back