The Cleveland Indians have changed their name…

I'm ok with it. Not really a fan, but not a hater either.

and also the highest STD rate in the country

correlation .. causation? WHO KNOWS!?
I’m pretty sure St. Louis city has the highest STD rates in the country. A little credit please 😀

as a Clevelander……and someone who believes it should have been changed. I think it looks far too similar to Indians. The name is blah. But the colors, script, everything is basically the same. If you’re going to cave and change it…….CHANGE IT
My brother, nephews, and I were talking about this today and all felt they should have went with all new colors. As you said if going to make a change then make a change.

The people have spoken.

mm_meh.jpg

BKRoll.JPG

Last edited:
Nope. And more Nope. The only name that was any good was the Spiders.

My brother, nephews, and I were talking about this today and all felt they should have went with all new colors. As you said if going to make a change then make a change.
I have it on pretty good info that they "missed the deadline" to change colors. Maybe it will happen later. who knows.

I dont hate it i suppose. I think i hate that it wasnt a full rebrand. If you're changing it for the reasons you claim to be changing it, then it needs to be a clear rebrand. Its not.

Nope. And more Nope. The only name that was any good was the Spiders.

The Spiders at least had a historical connection as it was the name of the Cleveland Baseball team from 1889- 1899. Plus, think of the possibilities for a logo.

Last edited:
Not a fan of the new name, or really any of the choices. If I had to pick from those, would have probably voted Spiders with Municipals the next choice. Guardians would have been above Buzzards or Naps for me though.

The new name is about as relevant as the old. My family grew up in Cleveland. I never saw an American Indian in Cleveland. If they were going to make a change and wanted something relevant they should have become the Cleveland Lakers.

Wanna have a logo that people will somewhat understand the meaning of and relate to..? Here it is, (local tshirt company)

Guardians
Thoughts?

other options included:
Spiders
Buzzards
Municipals
Naps
Baseball Team

all of them have significant historical meaning minus the last one lol

I’m sorry, did they say Cleveland is a city on the rise? Now that’s funny!!!

good move to stay out of the discussion for the wrong reasons. And it will sell new merch, so win win. The name will grow on people; they always do.

good move to stay out of the discussion for the wrong reasons. And it will sell new merch, so win win. The name will grow on people; they always do.
Kinda how I feel. Just wish they changed the colors etc

Have you’ve been here lately….??🙄🙄
Not in the top 100 of my list so no. Your roll eyes are funny. Does anyone really wanna go to Cleveland? Serious question? Seeking honest answer.

Not in the top 100 of my list so no. Your roll eyes are funny. Does anyone really wanna go to Cleveland? Serious question? Seeking honest answer.

Im not going to argue about it which is what you want obviously. Yes, there are a tonnnnn of tourist attractions in around and near the city. Stick to your top 100. You’re better off and we are too.😉 I didn’t realize the thread was called “do you want to visit ….?”

Not a fan…

Im not going to argue about it which is what you want obviously. Yes, there are a tonnnnn of tourist attractions in around and near the city. Stick to your top 100. You’re better off and we are too.😉
Not wanting to argue at all. Sorry you are offended. But seriously Ohio is not anywhere near the , well top 500 of most peoples list. I’m not a fan of changing names for the record but it doesn’t change the fact that Cleveland is not a top tourist attraction.

Not wanting to argue at all. Sorry you are offended. But seriously Ohio is not anywhere near the , well top 500 of most peoples list. I’m not a fan of changing names for the record but it doesn’t change the fact that Cleveland is not a top tourist attraction.

glad you are sticking to the thread topic lol. 🤣🤣 feel free to start a thread about the top tourist destinations though👍

Back