Nickent Relaunched

Without Hoefy it is just not the same.

I gotta agree, I used to play the 3DX RC irons, I still have the hybrids. The 4DX was a nice addition. I'm really anxious to see what this line brings. Please THP, give us a review when you can.

I never played the older Nickent stuff before, but I have noticed alot of passion for them on here. Were they really that well designed? I don't know that I ever saw them in a golf shop around here before, but, they weren't necessarily a brand that I looked for in a shop. These look pretty good as far as hybrids are concerned.

I never played the older Nickent stuff before, but I have noticed alot of passion for them on here. Were they really that well designed? I don't know that I ever saw them in a golf shop around here before, but, they weren't necessarily a brand that I looked for in a shop. These look pretty good as far as hybrids are concerned.

Check this out. One of the best interviews about golf clubs you will ever read.

http://thehackersparadise.com/?p=12943

Thanks JB, Definitely will read that after the little ones are put down for the night.

I love my 3DX DC Ironwood (3i replacement) and my dad loves his 3DX hybird combo iron set. Every year when the new hybrids come out I'm always curious but haven't had good enough reason to change from my Nickent for the past 4 years.

This is sad. The 3DX DC is far and away the best hybrid I have ever hit. I dont really like the new looks either. Kinda generic, Adams ripoff looking.

This is sad. The 3DX DC is far and away the best hybrid I have ever hit. I dont really like the new looks either. Kinda generic, Adams ripoff looking.

I feel ya on the look Jake. For sure.

I have a 3DX head out in the garage, 17 degree, just need to put a new shaft in it.

I mean, that was what II liked about later Nickent incarnations like the ARC irons and 5dx hybrid, they had a ENTIRELY different look than anything out there, and these have ditched that completly

I would a least give these a swing to see what they feel like. Still will be very difficult to improve on what the originals were like. IMHO.

I have tested almost every hybrid on the market but always finish with my old and trusty 3dx

I have to ask him, but I believe that one might have been pre-hoeffy in some ways.

I have to ask him, but I believe that one might have been pre-hoeffy in some ways.

Really. I have great respect for Hoefy, but if he had a hand in the looks, it isnt my favorite of his.

Really. I have great respect for Hoefy, but if he had a hand in the looks, it isnt my favorite of his.

That is what I was saying. Im not sure he designed the DC. I have to check.

I thought he was just part of the 4dx & 5dx clubs, but I could easily be wrong.

I thought he was just part of the 4dx & 5dx clubs, but I could easily be wrong.

He was definitely involved in 3DX RC as well, but I am not so sure about DC.

I hope Mr. Hoefy gets to read this, but a good friend of mine and his wife both play the 3DX irons and he also plays the 4DX driver, they bought these after JB and GG recommended they give them a try and just love them. Just recently another buddy of mine bought the 3DX irons and now a 4DX driver as well and could not be hitting the ball better. The guy was a solid player already and now I just can't stay up with him, lol.

I may have to get rid of my 4DX Pro's and find some 3DX, lol. Although I am currious enough to try the new 6DX first.

I went to work tonight at Dicks and sure enough we had gotten the Nickent Hybrids and Hybrid/Iron Combo Iron Set. The iron set is not a box set and is $599.99

The 6DX hybrid ($129.99) is an oversized hybrid that reminds me of the Callaway Diablo and Razr Hybrids in looks. The 6DT Hybrid ("Tour" $149.99) looks a lot like the Adams A12 Hybrid. Each of them have VooDoo Shafts in them and the color scheme is awesome. I love the look when it comes to the color scheme, but I hated looking down on the 6DX. It's way too big. I don't like the 6DX because at $149.99, it can't compete with the Mashie or SF2.0.

I went ahead and hit them on some down time. The 6DX felt a little cheap to me. I like the shaft and the looks, but the feel is weird. It's a got a cheap feel and sound. Kind of tinny. Very shallow face as well.

The feel of the 6DT is a little better. Sets up better, a little deeper, and sounds much better. A classic thwack sound.

I wouldn't be against putting the 6DT in the bag, but at the price... nah. I'll pass.

I bought a set of these for my son. You blowhards need to get off your a$$es and hit them before you dis them. What's up with the guy that didn't like the way it sounds? They sound fine when you can hit the ball. I'm a 3.1 handicap and shot par with these clubs at the Atlanta Athletic Club. You may feel better about yourself if you can tell your friends you spent more but for $299 on close-out at Dick's these are some amazing clubs.

Wow, nice first post man.
I bought a set of these for my son. You blowhards need to get off your a$$es and hit them before you dis them. What's up with the guy that didn't like the way it sounds? They sound fine when you can hit the ball. I'm a 3.1 handicap and shot par with these clubs at the Atlanta Athletic Club. You may feel better about yourself if you can tell your friends you spent more but for $299 on close-out at Dick's these are some amazing clubs.

Seems to be an aggressive post man, one person's opinion was that he didn't like them, thats as valid as you saying you do like them. This thread hasn't been comented on in a long time so I don't believe these have been hit a lot.

What a first post, WELCOME!

Blowhards? Very nice. Nickent is dead to most of us because Nickent was and is Mr. Hoeflitch. As far as sounds, different people like different sounds, if its harsh to an ear then it may not suit that person, why is that so bad?

Truly happy you like your sons clubs, that's great news and I'd seriously love to hear some input on their performance.

LOL wow great first post. I have hit the hybrids. They are ok, nothing special.

at the Atlanta Athletic Club.

WOAH. Can you please explain to me how you were able to play there. I would love to play there one day.

Back