these look awesome, would like to try them out at some point.

I have always had a soft spot for Ping having played and loved the S55, I like the blueprint but don't have the game to match it so the i59 with the same MOI as the i210 is something that catches my interest. I expect I will give them a hit once they make it out into circulation.

Good looking clubs. Great write up and some interesting tech. Golf club price is too much for me.

the biggest question I have is are they actually going to be available?

This diagram in JMan's article is really interesting.

1629807139225.png

I’m not crazy about the price but if I liked them enough it wouldn’t stop me completely. I was hoping for an i210 release along with these for forgiveness purposes. How would you relate these in size to the Cobra King Tour @Jman

I forget about the Blueprint irons sometimes. Good catch on the pricing.
Blueprint 3-PW came in at $1700
IBlades 3-PW came in at $1200
i210 3-PW came in at $1000

So these are not that far out of line from those Blueprints, about similar in increase to the latest Super Hybrid going from $319 to $399.
Are these the replacement for the blueprints? I’d imagine offset is pretty minimal.

I’m not crazy about the price but if I liked them enough it wouldn’t stop me completely. I was hoping for an i210 release along with these for forgiveness purposes. How would you relate these in size to the Cobra King Tour @Jman
Here ya go. 7 irons of each. You almost forget how good looking those King Tours are until you pick them up.

77D566F7-06A4-4265-A1CF-B248A64FC69C.jpeg
C04258CF-80A6-4883-8DE1-0E4CE14A63C4.jpeg

250/265 a club. That’s insane valueing and man.. best of luck to the buyers. I hope they enjoy their purchase.

Here ya go. 7 irons of each. You almost forget how good looking those King Tours are until you pick them up.

View attachment 9023920
View attachment 9023921
I like the Ping but this won’t make me move from the King Tour. I’m sure this Ping iron will be as good as anything on the market (if they can fill orders before customers lose interest)

I find it SUPER interesting that they went aluminum internally. It's a different run than the 'performance goo' used elsewhere (however named).

It is quite curious that they went with a sort of vented profile behind the primary point of contact. I wonder if that has any impact on consistency across the face (although I can't think it's that much).

More thoughts:

Having a 3 degree variable between power spec and retro spec is a bit confusing.. Isn't loft reflective of tech and performance, not preference?
That price is a whopper. Isn't this a massive bump off their last release?

I forget about the Blueprint irons sometimes. Good catch on the pricing.
Blueprint 3-PW came in at $1700
IBlades 3-PW came in at $1200
i210 3-PW came in at $1000

So these are not that far out of line from those Blueprints, about similar in increase to the latest Super Hybrid going from $319 to $399.
More thoughts:

Having a 3 degree variable between power spec and retro spec is a bit confusing.. Isn't loft reflective of tech and performance, not preference?
That price is a whopper. Isn't this a massive bump off their last release?

I think I have the latest 3 releases in this category above, but might have missed one.

I think I have the latest 3 releases in this category above, but might have missed one.

to date. I still think the iblade was the best ping release. Obviously have not seen these yet but the iblade was a great club.

I think i500 was 1,299 at release as well but no idea what the set makeup was.

What irons are these intended to replace?

I find it SUPER interesting that they went aluminum internally. It's a different run than the 'performance goo' used elsewhere (however named).

It is quite curious that they went with a sort of vented profile behind the primary point of contact. I wonder if that has any impact on consistency across the face (although I can't think it's that much).
Air Goo, Dan.

It was 3-P

These replace the blueprint and iblades

to date. I still think the iblade was the best ping release. Obviously have not seen these yet but the iblade was a great club.

In hand these look pretty darn good. Clean, techy and very much Ping if that makes sense.

In hand these look pretty darn good. Clean, techy and very much Ping if that makes sense.
They definitely scream “PING” visually

for sure does. Ping has a look that has been distinct since the eye 2s..

for sure does. Ping has a look that has been distinct since the eye 2s..
I always thought of the S line is kind of off putting in looks. They performed pretty darn well, but the looks didnt do it for me. I thought iBlades and Blueprint irons looked pretty darn good, as did i500. The two former irons I thought were pretty good too. The i500 I felt as though felt terrible in comparison to so many other offerings in the space. These feel closer to the iBlades to me. Which are neither Apple nor Blades, but the name still made sense. :ROFLMAO:

Please read the article JMan posted.

Just posting this for additional info/reference.

This fella looks like he has some good "heel/toe" perimeter weighting.

The price is a bit hard to swallow, but man I LOVE the looks.

Something about it looks sleek, yet full of tech.

Great initial thoughts James.

Back