outperform who? and outperform how?
In most categories really, but it's mostly through consistency differences. Might be individual. I've seen a couple people fight them. For me though, deviations have only trailed my TCB's in recent sessions. They've been solid. Real test comes with a full set in play though.

In most categories really, but it's mostly through consistency differences. Might be individual. I've seen a couple people fight them. For me though, deviations have only trailed my TCB's in recent sessions. They've been solid. Real test comes with a full set in play though.

higher spin helping the consistency?

higher spin helping the consistency?
It's definitely a part of it. Only a little higher really, but more consistent about it for some reason. I don't get the low ones with these it seems. Like I said though, I've seen a couple guys who've been more all over the map than me there. They don't launch as low as they market for me either.

That's part of why I've said a couple times that I want to see how people who move it around a little more or have a consistent but different strike pattern than I do like them.

I will say that I found the front to back dispersion to be really nice with these.

I just hit these again today. I'm a fan. Numbers are good for me, and very consistent, look good to my eye, and feel pretty satisfying to me. They consistently outperform a direct competitor for me too.

But they're still expensive.

since when has that stopped you? 😂 😂

just buy one less set next year and it’ll work itself out haha. The higher spin comments have my ears perked. But, I was already having a hard time stomaching spending $200 an iron. These aren’t on my radar because of the price. But who’s to say I would maybe be on the lookout for a used set in the next few years. If these go on an iblade type cycle they’ll probably be around for a while.

since when has that stopped you? 😂 😂

just buy one less set next year and it’ll work itself out haha. The higher spin comments have my ears perked. But, I was already having a hard time stomaching spending $200 an iron. These aren’t on my radar because of the price. But who’s to say I would maybe be on the lookout for a used set in the next few years. If these go on an iblade type cycle they’ll probably be around for a while.
That's a good theory, but I've been looking for a good used set of blueprints since.. forever, and have yet to find one, so I don't know why these should be any different. I haven't decided on them yet. Just bought fresh TCB's and am making less changes than usual for a bit, so there's no pressing need at that price for me.

I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on them though. I'm starting to wonder if some of the wide feel responses are compression based. There are some irons that feel pretty different at different speeds.

That's a good theory, but I've been looking for a good used set of blueprints since..

I think the BPs are the best looking iron ever made. I got a great deal last year on a barely used set. I play Zx7s normally, but man do I love the rounds I have the BPs in the bag. Wish I was good enough to play them daily.

Hit the 7 iron today….

It surprised me. NOT ping like in feel, IMHO.

I really enjoyed it. Nice feel and they look great. Pitty the price is so high.

A couple recent reviews on these, that have me a little twitchy, so let me just shout this for the cheap seats -

If you can't get past the 'hollow' (and then filled with metal) thing in your brain, apparently even if you're a paid professional who should know better or read about 1 minute of research on them, and think they're a PLAYERS DISTANCE iron because of it, and comparable to something like the P770...

Hitting these is NOT going to go how you think it is. :ROFLMAO:

Serious brain limitations abound out there in the world, and I honestly think some of these people need to read a little more THP and start getting educated.

What are the odds Ping reduces the price of these within a few months? Seems as though the consensus of customers is that they’d get a strong consideration if the price wasn’t so high

What are the odds Ping reduces the price of these within a few months? Seems as though the consensus of customers is that they’d get a strong consideration if the price wasn’t so high
Zero. :D

It all depends on demand and supply. If they can't keep them in stock the price will stay. I am sure they have a plan for how many sets they can build and sell and as long as that plan is met they likely won't change price.

If it was just about any other company I might think it could be possible, but I just can't even picture that here. Doesn't compute at all. No.

But, I was already having a hard time stomaching spending $200 an iron. These aren’t on my radar because of the price.

Welcome to the future... Oh, wait, the future is now.

I am told steel prices have doubled in the last 2 yrs. As supply increases that may change, but not in the near future.

If it was just about any other company I might think it could be possible, but I just can't even picture that here. Doesn't compute at all. No.

Is that just a ping thing or the fact that they will meet projections? I guess it would seem unlikely considering they likely have models for demand projections at different price points

Is that just a ping thing or the fact that they will meet projections? I guess it would seem unlikely considering they likely have models for demand projections at different price points
Well I can't know projections, so it must be a Ping thing in my mind. I don't think they probably had high projections for them, but I don't think they'll probably meet them even if they're fairly low. I also think you could be in charge of that there and go to your boss showing ample evidence that lowering it a little would sell enough to make more in the end, and get laughed off that call. Lol. They just don't .. And they just raised everything. I don't see them backing off that industry changing move. Just my opinion though.

Well I can't know projections, so it must be a Ping thing in my mind. I don't think they probably had high projections for them, but I don't think they'll probably meet them. I also think you could be in charge of that there and go to your boss showing ample evidence that lowering it a little would sell enough to make more in the end, and get laughed off that call. Lol. They just don't .. And they just raised everything. I don't see them backing off that industry changing move. Just my opinion though.
Fair enough. It seems like a similar model to the blueprints. Just seems so odd of them to not really want to compete in market share for those irons. Although I guess when you consider that someone buying a blade is willing to spend $1500-1600 on a comparable set, what’s an extra $150-200 if you’re going to have them for 5+ years

Hit the 7 iron today….

It surprised me. NOT ping like in feel, IMHO.

I really enjoyed it. Nice feel and they look great. Pitty the price is so high.

I guess pricing is relative. Custom builds are getting $225-250 per club or more in some places for the not-so-exotic irons. So a good Ping fit at $200 per club? Priceless.;)

At that price, I would hope PING opens up the WRX Custom Catalog to offer any shaft you want.

Last edited:
Are these more expensive than the blueprints in the US? In Canada they are $100 cheaper

I guess pricing is relative. Custom builds are getting $225-250 per club or more in some places for the not-so-exotic irons. So a good Ping fit at $200 per club? Priceless.;)

At that price, I would hope PING opens up the WRX Custom Catalog to offer any shaft you want.

Yep, fair enough....but that price is without the potential additions of custom options.

I think everyone may be a little guilty of looking at these irons like they are going to be players distance irons....but if you look at all the reviews, they are performing more like a typical CB iron. My guess is, some guys on the higher cap end are going to pick these up....the honey moon will wear off and we will see a fair number of them for sale.

I think everyone may be a little guilty of looking at these irons like they are going to be players distance irons....but if you look at all the reviews, they are performing more like a typical CB iron.

admittedly, ping has an uphill battle with me. if i'm going to bag a ping club, it has to do what no other club can do for me. i've just been woefully underwhelmed by so much of their stuff. i only say that to admit i have bias against them based on my own time spent with their gear.

so i'll ask this. if these aren't players distance irons. and they perform like a cb. what have they achieved here? what is the story? what is the message and performance result that makes consumers go "$250 per club? i get it. it's worth that because [insert reason here]?"

admittedly, ping has an uphill battle with me. if i'm going to bag a ping club, it has to do what no other club can do for me. i've just been woefully underwhelmed by so much of their stuff. i only say that to admit i have bias against them based on my own time spent with their gear.

so i'll ask this. if these aren't players distance irons. and they perform like a cb. what have they achieved here? what is the story? what is the message and performance result that makes consumers go "$250 per club? i get it. it's worth that because [insert reason here]?"

Exactly. IMHO - what they've done here is simply replaced the iblade. They've added more tech, but that tech (in the reviews I've seen thus far) doesn't appear to pan out in terms of more distance/lower spin, like you'd expect from a "players distance category" club.
I think the real story here is about spin consistency and flight consistency, likely pursued by the lower cap golfer (my guess - less than 6 cap type range).

I think the real story here is about spin consistency and flight consistency, likely pursued by the lower cap golfer (my guess - less than 6 cap type range).

so did they achieve anything with i59 that blueprint wasn't doing? and if someone is looking for spin and flight consistency in a compact demanding footprint, isn't that what blades are supposed to do?

so did they achieve anything with i59 that blueprint wasn't doing? and if someone is looking for spin and flight consistency in a compact demanding footprint, isn't that what blades are supposed to do?
In theory, these are more forgiving than the blueprint.

Back