The pricing is high, but I don't think it's that bad. They are pretty close to the Blueprints. One big thing, Ping keeps models for a long time. If I bought T100s last year (full retail) and wanted this years model, I would need to sell last years for much cheaper and pay full retail again to have the latest and greatest.

The pricing is high, but I don't think it's that bad. They are pretty close to the Blueprints. One big thing, Ping keeps models for a long time. If I bought T100s last year (full retail) and wanted this years model, I would need to sell last years for much cheaper and pay full retail again to have the latest and greatest.

Don't they normally have roughly the same turn around time as Titleist, which is 2 years. Similar to Apex?

Don't they normally have roughly the same turn around time as Titleist, which is 2 years. Similar to Apex?

If these are replacing the iblades, hasnt it been like 5 years.

If these are replacing the iblades, hasnt it been like 5 years.

If it a replacement, Wouldn't it be replacing Blueprints, which are roughly right at two years?

Yeah, if they are BP replacements it's been about 2 years. The i210 and i500 have been 3 years already and iblade 5 years. Just seemed to me Ping didnt change them up as much as other companies.

Admittedly I'm not a Ping fan, never have been really though at one point I did hit the i20's really well during a fitting years ago. I really like the looks of these and the tech definitely appears to be there but that price tag is hefty even for Ping.

@JDax just took a handful of swings with these. Said "I like them, they feel like a Ping". I can let him expand on that if he would like.

$2350 for a stock set of 4-pw up here, that is going to be tough for even Ping fans to swallow. I am a Ping fan and just don’t think I can do it

If it a replacement, Wouldn't it be replacing Blueprints, which are roughly right at two years?
A few of the Ping people have said in interviews that it's an iBlade replacement. A couple kind of a replacement of both. I feel like it's been an evolving list of statements on these for a while now.

Got to see these in hand. Didn’t take any swings but they look great. Still not biting at $250/iron

DA1078AD-A3B8-4CC4-A26C-8E1124AC7F44.jpeg881F22FC-1317-4071-B0AF-5C915FD67C11.jpegA9AB49CE-2C9D-452D-B578-6C17D6955AEB.jpeg00E4EE02-0AEA-4B3B-8FB7-3D04700E7DFF.jpeg5FF26943-217C-4660-8F42-058710B0009C.jpeg2B7BE386-5042-44A3-9192-52B9BF3D4E5D.jpeg

No swings?!?!

No go man! I’ll head back in this week. Only 1 bay was open and it was occupied with a fitting. Didn’t bother to stick around.

Went into the local shop to look at some different Irons and they had the fitting head just sitting there. I had no choice but to try it, it felt excellent and I really like the px LS shaft. Spin was higher with this combo than I would have expected, everyone was between 6900-7300rpm. Distance was also really good. Thankfully for me I won’t be tempted to purchase these next year as I’m locked in on the iron category for 2022

Last edited:
Went into the local shop to look at some different Irons and they had the fitting head just sitting there. I had no choice but to try it, it felt excellent and I really like the px LS shaft. Spin was higher with this combo than I would have expected, everyone was between 6900-7300rpm. Distance was also really good. Thankfully for me I won’t be tempted to purchase these next year as I’m locked in the for the iron category for 2022
That's been pretty much my entire experience with them. Feel really good, plenty of spin. I've actually been wondering for some time if the groove angle they were working on forever and the shaft pairing are to bring the launch package down into the window where the spin plays best. The whole setup has been interesting to me, because they keep saying lower launch in the info, but I haven't really observed that in myself or others.

Reactions: MH
If they are better than the i210's then they have a winner.

I was looking at some Hogan PTX irons until I hit the i210's and they were incredible.

Ping! Good article. I've been following the rumors about these for awhile. They look great. Price is high but I'll still give them a try when I go to a shop though.

Have to say, these have me drooling. I traded my iBlades for Z745’s years ago (which I still game…yes, it’s time for an upgrade), and at times, dare I say, I actually miss the feel of the Pingys. My Z’s have exceptional feel, but I have a few shots with the iBlades that will be burned in my memory forever as truly perfect in feel and satisfaction, and haven’t been matched since. Don’t really have a point here except it’s interesting to compare (Endo) forged cavity vs cast blade feel. Now these are “forged” so forgive me, maybe even better feel. Unfortunately my average shot is less than perfect and I probably couldn’t game these. And I sure wish they had a v-sole! My wallet is relieved. Still drooling though 😆

Last edited:
I just hit these. Attractive in looks. Personally they feel like a downgrade from my Cobra King Tours. i210 and G425 both felt better to me. I’d be very happy with the G425 plus a driver and two wedges for that cost. I’m disappointed as a Ping homer.

I just hit these again today. I'm a fan. Numbers are good for me, and very consistent, look good to my eye, and feel pretty satisfying to me. They consistently outperform a direct competitor for me too.

But they're still expensive.

I just hit these again today. I'm a fan. Numbers are good for me, and very consistent, look good to my eye, and feel pretty satisfying to me. They consistently outperform a direct competitor for me too.

better than the x7s?

better than the x7s?
I haven't actually done a true comparison between those 2. My ZX7 have been a little neglected lately. Poor things..

I play i210s.......these feel much better than i500 but not as good as i210.....I'll keep i210s in the bag
the i210 was my biggest judgement on these. I hit the G425 directly against the i59 and sure the numbers were true to loft but the feel in all honesty is where they lose. I’m sure people will like them. I’m turn off by these enough to know I wouldn’t reconsider them.

outperform who? and outperform how?

Back