Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

Guess the other unknown with the subscription is price hikes etc..

But also wondering if newer software/updates etc. would be more readily available through the subscription model....?

In other words, once you go all in on the GC3, are you locked out from future software updates etc.?
If it’s like their other units, no, you’re not at all locked out from updates.

When it comes to launch monitors and possibly consumer facing models at that, few things in the space have been as anticipated as this launch. The teasers have set the stage for a lot of buzz and with that a lot of questions. Today we hope to answer all of them for you.

This is a dual launch for two separate products. The Foresight GC3 and the Bushnell Launch Pro. Before we get to the technical side of things, it is important to note that these two devices are identical from a hardware standpoint. They do however, function quite differently from a cost perspective.

Continue reading...

nice write up.I was spot on for the GC3 pricing . The bushnell is a interesting option.With the subscription I would say the GC3 is a better deal. Unless I am missing something..

To me, I think I’d be going the 7k model and having everything I need right out of the box. If this is a real investment, it’s gonna need to last for numerous years. Figure the 5 year breakpoint is where the sub model becomes more expensive, so either pay more now or pay more later.
This is me as well, it’s a one stop shop.

That said, I get the gold and why people would be interested…but the other two packages make little sense to me personally. But, I do use a monitor different and more than most would.

Enjoyed that write up! Price seem to be quite reasonable!

Great hat and shirt @Jman

Is the GC3 compatible with 3rd party software like the LP silver/gold versions? I remember someone saying in the other thread that GC4 was not third party compatible, not sure if that was even true or if it is now true for GC3 too.

Is the GC3 compatible with 3rd party software like the LP silver/gold versions? I remember someone saying in the other thread that GC4 was not third party compatible, not sure if that was even true or if it is now true for GC3 too.
Based on the things I saw, yes, it is. That said, I don’t know if there is potentially a fee to unlock that or anything.

Nice write up @Jman

Do you know what 3rd party software will be available? Any and all or just a select few?

yes! love all the info. great write up. $3k for the pro and $800/year to get the same features as the $7k 3 seems like a pretty easy choice: launch pro. now, how irresponsible am i willing to be???

The subscription model seems very affordable. For me personally I would only use the silver membership so I could have it for 10 years before I reach the cost of the unlocked version! An optishot setup is like $1500 right? So you spend an extra $1500 and get a much better machine. Seems like a no brainer for serious golfers that have the extra money!

Nice write up @Jman

Do you know what 3rd party software will be available? Any and all or just a select few?
Nope, that is undisclosed at this time.

yes! love all the info. great write up. $3k for the pro and $800/year to get the same features as the $7k 3 seems like a pretty easy choice: launch pro. now, how irresponsible am i willing to be???
To me it all depends on what you are going to use it for. Where you live you can play year round, why do you need a sim?

I’m really interested to see so many saying they’d go with the subscription model, is it solely because of the initial price being an easier pill to swallow? At 6995 all in, the GC3 is what so many have been clamoring for.
Is it though? I wouldn't consider 7k "affordable"

Is it though? I wouldn't consider 7k "affordable"
For something that works, and is accurate, I think so. People wanting true accuracy in a 1000-2000 is a pipe dream. Compared to where the Quad is, hell, compared to to where the GC2 with HMT was, this price all in is impressive.

But I also believe not everyone needs or would benefit from owning a LM.

Boy I think we are all pretty happy today finally came right?

Affordable in relation to a GC quad or Trackman.
That is true. I'm thinking what people really want is a personal launch monitor that is accurate for about 1/4 of that price, maybe half. I'm not sure its possible. That being said I'd love to have one of these beauties if I had room for a full sim like HQ. I just don't see myself taking it all over the place like Bryson

To me it all depends on what you are going to use it for. Where you live you can play year round, why do you need a sim?
To play golf in the evenings, on weekends when you can’t get out from fam, to play golf with the kids and friends that come over. Possibilities of year round use are endless.

To play golf in the evenings, on weekends when you can’t get out from fam, to play golf with the kids and friends that come over. Possibilities of year round use are endless.
Fair. like I said it all depends on what you want and how you plan to use it

It's kind of a great question, because the benchmark for me NOT getting a launch monitor for 'garage' and range use was pretty simple... I'm not a 10k+ kind of guy. This pricepoint really starts to blur the lines between what I am willing to pay, and how much I'm really going to use it.

It's.... problematic.

If you buy the Bushnell device for the Bronze or Silver packages, do you get the same ball flight as with Gold or GC3 and just the data isn't displayed? I could see the Silver model being great if the ball flight model is exactly the same but the data isn't shown. Most people don't need to see the numbers as long as the flight is accurate

For something that works, and is accurate, I think so. People wanting true accuracy in a 1000-2000 is a pipe dream. Compared to where the Quad is, hell, compared to to where the GC2 with HMT was, this price all in is impressive.

But I also believe not everyone needs or would benefit from owning a LM.

Agree completely.

I also still can't wrap my head around the PML market. People want top accuracy, but want something that is going to cost less than 2k. That's just not going to happen right now. This gives a good option to get your foot in the correct door, and pick what you need if you want that 3k device. Although shelling out the 7k if you can afford that is something that will probably pay off in the long run it you truly believe this is going to be something you will use for years to come

It's kind of a great question, because the benchmark for me NOT getting a launch monitor for 'garage' and range use was pretty simple... I'm not a 10k+ kind of guy. This pricepoint really starts to blur the lines between what I am willing to pay, and how much I'm really going to use it.

It's.... problematic.
It does I agree. Is the full 7k model or subscription model in your future? :ROFLMAO:

It does I agree. Is the full 7k model or subscription model in your future? :ROFLMAO:
I have confidence in one thing: If I get one, it will definitely not be the subscription based unit.

This is a tough call for me. I'm leaning toward the GC3, but am a bit worried about the cost of updates, future un-lockable content, etc. Is it just going to keep adding up?

Back