Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

I have confidence in one thing: If I get one, it will definitely not be the subscription based unit.

same. But i am most likely to probably not getting one. Haha

Soooo, launch pro doesn’t even provide spin unless you pony up for the $800/year subscription?

Man, I feel like I was waiting for different news. Like basic subscription giving you at least somewhat complete ball data. Super bummed. $7k is way outside my wheelhouse and I wouldn’t pay $3k for a device that doesn’t give me spin.

I was so hyped for this thing. Not frustrated with them I’m not doubting the quality or value they provide at those prices. I was just desperately hoping this thing would fall at least close to my budget. Winter can be a real downer.

Great write up and I will check out the video when I get a chance. No doubt it will be great.

The pricing is what I expected and $7k/$3k with subscription makes it affordable for many compared to a full Trackman or GC Quad set up. For about $11k you could have a very accurate home golf simulator compared to a not very accurate Skytrack for $7.5K. My club is upgrading their two simulators to Trackman and the cost is $30k each. If I didn’t have access to those I might consider a GC3 set up at home. I’m guessing more of these will get sold for commercial use rather than home use at the $7k price.

Last edited:
Soooo, launch pro doesn’t even provide spin unless you pony up for the $800/year subscription?

Man, I feel like I was waiting for different news. Like basic subscription giving you at least somewhat complete ball data. Super bummed. $7k is way outside my wheelhouse and I wouldn’t pay $3k for a device that doesn’t give me spin.

I was so hyped for this thing. Not frustrated with them I’m not doubting the quality or value they provide at those prices. I was just desperately hoping this thing would fall at least close to my budget. Winter can be a real downer.

Great write up and I will check out the video when I get a chance. No doubt it will be great.
LP provides total spin in all subscription models, it does not break it down between side/back spin in basic or silver.

I have confidence in one thing: If I get one, it will definitely not be the subscription based unit.
I don't know. The silver package is tempting. Is backspin, club path and AoA really worth another $400/mo for the gold?? It would take what 10 years to get to the full price of 7k based on $400/yr. You'd think by then something will have come out that is less expensive but who knows..

I’m curious as to the prices for standard/premium courses listed. I assume those are in addition to the included courses at each level if you want more?

I don't know. The silver package is tempting. Is backspin, club path and AoA really worth another $400/mo for the gold?? It would take what 10 years to get to the full price of 7k based on $400/yr. You'd think by then something will have come out that is less expensive but who knows..
That's kind of where it gets into the weeds though, right? I don't need spin and etc if i am just playing sim golf... But for me, it's all about keeping myself in a spin wheelhouse (my recent visit to the THP Tech Studio all but validated that for me).. and if I am putting money down on a unit like this, I am definitely doing it to improve my path/AoA/spin.

If people just want a unit for the sim experience, I think the shell of the unit is brilliant.

I’m curious as to the prices for standard/premium courses listed. I assume those are in addition to the included courses at each level if you want more?
It’s in the article

LP provides total spin in all subscription models, it does not break it down between side/back spin in basic or silver.
Yes. I just reread the chart. Still not sure where I sit on it. Not as bummed as I was a few minutes ago lol.

That's kind of where it gets into the weeds though, right? I don't need spin and etc if i am just playing sim golf... But for me, it's all about keeping myself in a spin wheelhouse (my recent visit to the THP Tech Studio all but validated that for me).. and if I am putting money down on a unit like this, I am definitely doing it to improve my path/AoA/spin.

If people just want a unit for the sim experience, I think the shell of the unit is brilliant.

spin is really the only thing I would care about. I don’t need to get crazy club head data. I just want to know what the ball is doing. I can to a certain extent figure it out from there on my own. Ball starts right and moves right. In to our path with an open face. I don’t really need to know percentages..

spin is really the only thing I would care about. I don’t need to get crazy club head data. I just want to know what the ball is doing. I can to a certain extent figure it out from there on my own. Ball starts right and moves right. In to our path with an open face. I don’t really need to know percentages..
Yeah, but there's something super helpful about marginal improvements as you try to improve. it's absolutely overthinking it - of course :ROFLMAO:

To me it all depends on what you are going to use it for. Where you live you can play year round, why do you need a sim?

for me i wouldn't, but i would absolutely want attack and path and i can't get that without the gold subscription.

the way i see it, the price difference is $4,000 between lp and gc3. the gold package is $800/year, so it takes 5 years of paying the gold subscription to make up for the savings of the lp. in 5 years, i have to think technology will advance and prices will come down, so that i'll probably be tempted to buy something different at that point. or i may totally lose interest in the unit and not use it before those 5 years, in which case i can cancel the subscription and still have come ahead vs buying the gc3.

Haven't watched the video yet. Planning on doing so later this morning.

I'm debating between the two, but I am much more interested now that pricing is out. Likely will be in the market for one in the spring, depending on whether we move or not might impact which one and exactly when.

Yes. I just reread the chart. Still not sure where I sit on it. Not as bummed as I was a few minutes ago lol.

honestly spin is important, but i wouldn't want to live without path and attack. in my lessons, we pretty much only focus on path and attack. that's what i would want to monitor while i'm practicing.

The 5 extra course tempt me most between silver and gold

honestly spin is important, but i wouldn't want to live without path and attack. in my lessons, we pretty much only focus on path and attack. that's what i would want to monitor while i'm practicing.
I think it's pretty telling as individuals what we'd want the unit for - which is pretty cool that there's a custom package for those not 'chasing' or even 'following' numbers.

Here's the thing. Does spin REALLY matter that much to you on any club other than driver? While its easy to say I don't care and don't need it, I don't know if I'd be ok with not having that info after spending that much dough. Its a tough decision if you are in the market. That being said I assume if you go silver and don't love it you can always change your mind and switch to gold.

Yeah, but there's something super helpful about marginal improvements as you try to improve. it's absolutely overthinking it - of course :ROFLMAO:

If I had one of these at home my analytical brain would absolutely be in full overthinking mode. I’m not sure at my age if my body could hold up to me obsessing over my numbers coming from the GC3. I could see 500+ balls in a session, lol. For now, my 16’x6’ putting green is enough. :)

I think it's pretty telling as individuals what we'd want the unit for - which is pretty cool that there's a custom package for those not 'chasing' or even 'following' numbers.
Totally agree with this.

Here's the thing. Does spin REALLY matter that much to you on any club other than driver? While its easy to say I don't care and don't need it, I don't know if I'd be ok with not having that info after spending that much dough. Its a tough decision if you are in the market. That being said I assume if you go silver and don't love it you can always change your mind and switch to gold.

spin is important to me on all shots. The three things I would want if i were to dive into a launch monitor are launch angle ball speed and back spin. Side spin numbers are less important as long as the curve is accurate.

If I had one of these at home my analytical brain would absolutely be in full overthinking mode. I’m not sure at my age if my body could hold up to me obsessing over my numbers coming from the GC3. I could see 500+ balls in a session, lol. For now, my 16’x6’ putting green is enough. :)
haha, man - there would be a secondary computer setup in my build so I could pump out YouTube instruction to a 70 inch monitor, just to really ruin everything I've got going for myself lmao

Back