Foresight GC3 and Bushnell Launch Pro

Really cool options imo. I see seeing a lot more guys hitting range rocks with a fancy device in my future.

I liked one of @tahoebum 's statements, because I already know of a course here planning to offer them for deposit and rental at their range, and 2 smaller shops here that have said they'll be upgrading from their GC2's finally at this price point. I think all that data at that price benefits the commercial side quite a bit. And people who like simulator golf.

For me it's not much different than how I am with work. I used to own every piece of equipment under the sun. Unless they're making me money pretty constantly though, they're costing me money. So I have my essentials and rent the rest so someone else can maintain and insure them, and I can just make money off of what I pay to use them. Make me think of the loft and lie machine I want, and never buy that's only $1,500 too. I can afford that, but never buy it, because I have access to someone(s) else's. As much as I club ho, I don't play sim golf, have to actively work to undo mat work when I test a lot of stuff, live where I can play most of the year, and have access to other people/places monitors.

Seems like a big step up in quality at home relevant prices though, and I'm sure with the vaired options, a lot of people will want to take advantage.

I expect huge success for this product(s) as there are many who like simulator golf and hitting from mats indoors. It provides a good value and moves the needle forward even if we all wish the tech was less expensive. I'm not one of them who gets exicted about SIM rounds or hitting off of mats. I have access to indoor simulators at my club(and like that they are upgrading to Trackman and 4k projectors), they still pale to real golf or range time outside. I plan to go hit balls in the simulator about 15-20 times over the 5 months the courses are closed here, but I doubt I'll play more than a handful of SIM rounds, and those will be because my daughter wants to get ready for high school golf. I also agree 100% with your comment about actively working to undo mat work if I do too much of it.

Can anyone speak to what software updates will be available with a GC3? Never having owned a Foresight product it appears when they do major upgrades there is usually a $1,000.00 fee. I assume that would still exist. With a subscription model usually software updates are included. Hard to figure out the break even point without knowing this. Obviously you do not have to update software but who spends 7k on a unit and doesn't update when something better is out there. Sim Golf will have major enhancements over the next few years so I see very few not updating if major enhancements are available

Really cool options imo. I see seeing a lot more guys hitting range rocks with a fancy device in my future.

I liked one of @tahoebum 's statements, because I already know of a course here planning to offer them for deposit and rental at their range, and 2 smaller shops here that have said they'll be upgrading from their GC2's finally at this price point. I think all that data at that price benefits the commercial side quite a bit. And people who like simulator golf.

For me it's not much different than how I am with work. I used to own every piece of equipment under the sun. Unless they're making me money pretty constantly though, they're costing me money. So I have my essentials and rent the rest so someone else can maintain and insure them, and I can just make money off of what I pay to use them. Make me think of the loft and lie machine I want, and never buy that's only $1,500 too. I can afford that, but never buy it, because I have access to someone(s) else's. As much as I club ho, I don't play sim golf, have to actively work to undo mat work when I test a lot of stuff, live where I can play most of the year, and have access to other people/places monitors.

Seems like a big step up in quality at home relevant prices though, and I'm sure with the varied options a lot of people will want to take advantage.

I'm sort of with you, but that is also why I wanted to clarify the paperweight comment. I don't care for the SIM aspect, but having the base model Launch Pro to carry out on the course and really dial in carry and total spin with the ball my son plays with in tournaments could end up being very valuable. I'm leaning towards buying the base Launch Pro, but not worrying about the subscription side at the moment. Then using the $4k saved over the next 20 years to occasionally go check/work on Launch Angle and AOA on someone else's more expensive unit.

The unit does work as a standalone model with numbers on the LCD just like the GCQuad.
Thanks. This is what I found that is pretty clearly spelled out:

$2,999 gets you a Bushnell Launch Pro with basic functionality. In this case, basic functionality means all of the ball data metrics, no head data, and output that is limited to a single shot on the Launch Pro’s LCD display. There’s no ability to store, export, or otherwise retain data.

Is this all you'd see, or is there data on the other screen options (it looks like that is the middle view of 3 potential screen views):

1633017368536.png

ETA, disregard that image, as the screen appears to be different for the Launch Pro with only 1 dot on the bottom for screen views as opposed to 3:

1633018181013.png

But the weird thing is that it shows "Side Spin".

Last edited:
Also, wonder about purchasing a used unit. If I remember correctly, Foresight has charged a transfer fee in the past. Wonder if Bushnell will also do that for the Launch Pro.

In 5 years, I’d be surprised if units like these weren’t selling for $3,000 complete with no subscriptions. If you bought one now, in 5 years you’d still be paying annually for the subscription you signed up for today. My golfing buddy is still paying $20 a year for his subscription to his handheld GPS for course data that will only hold 8 courses at a time. If the increased popularity of golf continues, the demand for launch monitors will only go up and so will the number of competitors building them. Like in every other form of technology, early adopters are paying the high prices. I can wait a while for the price and advancements to improve.
I would take that bet.

If I had the space for this, I'd already be pulling out my credit card. Guess I could always sell my Mustang and repurpose the garage. 🤔

I don't think the price is bad. You get options that work for everyone. I would love one of these to take to the range to make sure the path AOA and everything else is on. Getting to do that at my lessons is great but it needs to be checked all of the time. I agree with @MWard these are going to sell quickly.

I don't think the price is bad. You get options that work for everyone. I would love one of these to take to the range to make sure the path AOA and everything else is on. Getting to do that at my lessons is great but it needs to be checked all of the time. I agree with @MWard these are going to sell quickly.

I agree. The price is fair. It is an incredibly accurate unit and it doesn't really have a competitor in its price range. I have not heard of anyone else developing a unit with this level of accuracy in this price range coming out soon (unless I've missed something).

Great write up, James, but like I say, yours always are.

This arrives at the market about 3 years too late for me. We are beginning to see a proliferation of indoor practice facilities in our area, where you can pay for time on a top of the line LM. I have used it a lot during the winter months. For me, the appeal of an expensive LM outside on a range is not as appealing, because I am stuck using range balls that would make the data less helpful. Finally, I am starting to reach a point where my body doesn’t hold up to hit balls four or five times a week, whereas three years ago, it would have been a full green light.

This is exciting, nonetheless. It will be a great option for many.

I haven’t gotten all the way through the thread, and only read @Jman’s article, but I am reading that Bushnell’s parent company Vista Outdoor has announced an acquisition of Foresight. The release of both options makes sense, in light of the acquisition.

Subscription pricing gets me and I hate that it does. I'd rather see a smaller payment upfront even if I know I I'd be spending more money later down the road. It's not a good thing for me in the long run but I can fully see why a subscription model is a thing. People like me are why :ROFLMAO:

If I had one of these at home my analytical brain would absolutely be in full overthinking mode. I’m not sure at my age if my body could hold up to me obsessing over my numbers coming from the GC3. I could see 500+ balls in a session, lol. For now, my 16’x6’ putting green is enough. :)
This is me. I just can’t beat balls anymore. I have to find very productive use of my practice time or I have a tired swing on the course.

This is phenomenal news I think. $6995 with fsx software and ten courses. It’s an investment no doubt, but I think that is a great price.
It really is a great stepping stone price for enthusiasts looking for something all encompassing or limited for those off season indoor rounds.

Subscription pricing gets me and I hate that it does. I'd rather see a smaller payment upfront even if I know I I'd be spending more money later down the road. It's not a good thing for me in the long run but I can fully see why a subscription model is a thing. People like me are why :ROFLMAO:
I have frequently had to remind myself today that $3,000+$800/year is a lot more than my $2,000 SkyTrak. But is it though?

This is me. I just can’t beat balls anymore. I have to find very productive use of my practice time or I have a tired swing on the course.

I rarely have any urge to hit balls in the off season. Even though there are simulators available, I doubt that I would use one. Hitting balls indoors whether into a screen or a net just doesn't do anything for me. I would rather spend time working on fitness and flexibility and some chipping and putting in the basement.

I have a 35oz container of peanuts in my Amazon subscribe & save order that goes for $4.54. That is sooooo many peanuts!

"It's still less than a purse"

I can't tell if that's a good or bad argument when I say it in my head. :unsure:

Back