What ball did you play your last round and what did you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played the Penta TP again yesterday and I love them.
I used to be a Pro V1 guy....but no more and never going back.

got to play the penta for a few holes today, usually its a one and done as im losing them well.

loved it, blasted a drive 290 off of the sweet spot on the driver into the wind, I'll take that all day long

lost it on a shot I snashed out of the sand, needless to say, I didnt hit ANY of the sand

High handicapper with natural affinity for water so I avoid the $$$ balls (unless found when looking for my own). I played Top Flite Gamer V2 - yeah I know TF is generally considered low shelf but the Gamer has nice feel and can go a distance too. Favorite is Penta - just hate donating that nice a ball

I played in an ABCD draw tourney today and gamed the MG tour ball. Im still very happy with the performance of this ball if i could find them anywhere i would buy them.

finallly played the 20xi-s, it took me about 6 holes until scuffs starting showing up, but i dont like i hit it with a wedge froma clean lie.. i dont induce spin so thats prolly why it took a little longer for me to scuff it.. my swing is in trouble right now so i cant really judge the ball ...yet!

Titleist NXT Tour, my Vokey wedge shredded them far more than usual, no idea why. Might have been because I was playing a few more wedge shots than planned :-\

Going to try the Penta next time out

I played in an ABCD draw tourney today and gamed the MG tour ball. Im still very happy with the performance of this ball if i could find them anywhere i would buy them.

I've been playing those and have really liked them as well. go to mggolf.com to buy them. Really shocked at how well I like them and perform. Long off tee and amazing around the green.

Wilson Staff Px3, pretty good all around balls and are pretty cheap

Srixon AD333. Seemed like I had more of a slice than I care to, it could have been a first round of the year thing. I was putting great with it, the first 12 holes I didn't miss anything within 10 feet, and I had several that were right at 10 feet. Had 3 three putts, all after hole 12; one was almost the full length of the green, I was barely on and the pin was about 10 feet from the other side. I left that one about 7 or 8 feet short and missed that one. The second was a cup sitting on a slope. missed a long putt that ended up going about 15 feet past the hole. The third was a left to right big break that I missed by an inch on the high side and choked on the 3 footer coming back. Hit my irons great with this ball. My 3 and 5 woods also. Only real issue was off the tee.

Ball played: Pro V1

Thoughts: very similar to my beloved Z-Stars but they don't come in yellow!

Serious golfers use Tapatalk.

Sixon Z-Star Tour Yellow. Love that ball.

Played the TM Penta TP last night and was hitting it really well. I especially love the feel off the putter, I was burning so many edges yesterday!

20XI S

I really, really want to give this ball a go. I thought the One Tour line was phenominal. The One Tour D is still one of my favorite balls.

I played nitro these balls are awesome! Lol no there not that bad really plus they were 4$ a dozen with two free brush tees( which I gave away after 2 holes)

I played nitro these balls are awesome! Lol no there not that bad really plus they were 4$ a dozen with two free brush tees( which I gave away after 2 holes)

Ack those things are like hitting rocks. I gave up donating new balls to the water/woods and wont buy cheap ones like those. I've got a friend who sells me tons of used ones for next to nothing.

I use Tapatalk.

I really, really want to give this ball a go. I thought the One Tour line was phenominal. The One Tour D is still one of my favorite balls.

It really is a good ball to me, I hit it further than the Tour D (which I still game sometimes), I dont understand why though. I think its because I get more carry with the S version because the it spins more the One Tour spun too much with the driver. I am a kind of a low launch player with the driver, the ball really holds its line to me and I like the feel. I love the way it sounds when I strike a putt.

That's great to hear. The sound/feel of the One Tour D was definitely one of my favorites.

It really is a good ball to me, I hit it further than the Tour D (which I still game sometimes), I dont understand why though. I think its because I get more carry with the S version because the it spins more the One Tour spun too much with the driver. I am a kind of a low launch player with the driver, the ball really holds its line to me and I like the feel. I love the way it sounds when I strike a putt.

I used a bright orange Titleist that I found in the rough last year.
I love that orange finish, made it so easy to find! If I ever run through my tub o' balls at home, I will definitely be buying some orange balls.

The cover was nice and soft too, my wedges were quite useful at making orange zest out of that ball! I like looking down and seeing my grooves filled with the cover.

played the new style of the e6s (that look like the top flite dimple in dimple).

no complaints at all with this ball

I am a Bridgestone 330-s guy and stocked up on them. However, when I ran low with what was in my bag, I pulled out a 2011 Titleist ProV1 and was impressed overall with the ball. It's always been a solid ball for spin and distance combined, however in years past it was just terrible in durability. Most of the time I have to retire a ball rather then losing it because of wear, and I've played 36 holes with this ball and it looks pretty good still. That certainly is a welcome improvement from years past when I would start pulling the skin off the ball after a single wedge shot.

Played the Bridgestrone B330 RX again today and love it. Getting it to stop very quickly on the greens (I need to learn to be more aggressive on shots though due to this)

It feels very nice when putting.

I shall be using the same ball for my next round to see how it copes with being used for 36 holes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

Bought a dozen of the new e6's. Just a great ball at a decent price. Only lost a single ball on the last round. Not too bad for a course that I had never played before and OB every where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back